Sign in to follow this  
darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

i know korra doesnt count, right

but i really cant wait to see season 2

I LOVE IT SO MUCH

Not watching a lot of things lately (besides Attack on Titan). Finished Gargantia and Hayate no Gotoku Cuties last week. Finally got to watch Madoka Magica. 

The new season seems pretty weak. I started with Blood Lad and Danganronpa. I'll watch the Fate/kaleid, but I thing it's gonna be awful and I still need to get back on Aku no Hana, tough the anime version is atrocious... Man, I wish Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Gintama would come back.

On the other hand I'm reading more than 30 manga titles, 

Just a heads up, ZZ Gundam is up on Daisuki (and their youtube channel) for free.  This is the first time the show has been officially available in english (subbed though)

Currently watching the English dub Sword Art Online. So far, it's decent. Also, the added bonus of having friends who are voicing the anime doesnt help much either.

Aside from that, I'm also watching Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya. Its essentially Card Captor Sakura, but with a Type-Moon twist. It's pretty enjoyable. The other one I'm watching is Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui (or "WataMote" for short). It's pretty funny but I can't help but feel bad for the main character.

;) Rewatching Digimon Adventure which is currently airing on Nicktoons, so much nostalgia xD

;) Rewatching Digimon Adventure which is currently airing on Nicktoons, so much nostalgia xD

Nicktoons is also re-airing Dragon Ball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh! I grew up watching all three of those anime. Now if only Cartoon Network would re-air older Pokémon episodes. 

Just watched the Black Rock Shooter tv anime and I love it. I can see how it gets mixed reviews. You really do need to understand the meaning behind it, and this is heavily based on metaphors and symbolic references, something I guess people don't really expect in your average anime.

Currently i'm watch Naruto shippuden and Bleach as new episodes come out for them.

Just finished watching Space Runaway Ideon and Be Invoked. The TV series is very good, but Be Invoked... Wow. Such a masterpiece. I don't think I'll be watching any more animu for a long time... Y'know, 'cuz it's that great.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Did you enjoy the soundtrack to Ideon?

Personally, I think it was Sugiyama at his top form.

Hell yes! The TV series did have good soundtracks (the less said about the BGM that appears to be playing two pieces of music at a time, the better), but Be Invoked's soundtrack is indeed Sugiyama at his top form, like you said.

Now I'm curious...I adore Sugiyama's work.

anime's i have watched are:

1. Vampire Knight ( great anime, and equally great story i thought. )

2. Code Geass ( Lelouch is just the hottest boy ever, lol and smart too perfect package. but the ending was so sad. )

3. Sailor Moon (it's been years since i watched it, haven't seen it since CN took it off so don't remember it much now)

4. Tenchi Universe ( space pirate ryoko fan for life )

5. Pokemon (well it never ends, like ash never ages lol )

6. Loveless (they really should finish this, the ending was just....left more questions than answers)

7. Strawberry Panic ( ep.19 so sad, but a happy ending)

8. Kannazuki No Miko (very sad ending)

9. Cardcaptors (saw half of season 1)

10. Lagrange (very good mecha)

those are off the top of my head, right now i'm watching Gundam 00 and Death Note. 

4. Tenchi Universe ( space pirate ryoko fan for life )

Washu > Ryoko, IMHO... XD

Watching the Outlaw Star series again. So good.

The girlfriend and I just finshed Elfen Lied for the third time.

It's still harrowing but nice.

• Upvote 1

Public Service Announcement:

ZZ Gundam is up for free on Daisuki (and Daisuki's Youtube channel).  First time it's been made available legally in English(albeit subs only) Watch it.  UC Gundam needs all the love it can get in the west.  

I recently finished Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai. Good series!

Dude! That series is SO ADORABLE!

Watching .hack//SIGN from beginning to end again.

I hope to get Tenchi Universe DVDs for my birthday, but it's not 'til December 6, so I'll have to wait.

EDIT: I also saw the Fire Emblem anime recently (Japanese language with subtitles)... I actually kinda liked it...

Edited by Solo Zenithia

Been a long time, but I've been continuing Dougram, and currently at episode 19. Expecting to finish it late December (before Christmas Eve, at least).

Also, planning to watch Combattler V.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Two days ago I started watching Kokoro Connect. I'm not much for high school-based anime but this has been pretty good so far. It's about a group of friends who randomly swap bodies for a few minutes. It's interesting because instead of doing the obvious "switch-bodies-hijinks-ensues" kind of jokes all the time it mostly involves the characters learning about their friends' fears, insecurities, and home life through their bodies and helping them overcome them.

I've been watching Sword Art Online on Toonami.  It's about a large group of people (10,000) who get trapped in an online game.  If you die in the game, you die in real life.  It focuses on a guy who starts out as a loner but then falls in love with a high ranking girl from a huge guild.  Just finished the first season and it was amazing. 

I've been watching Sword Art Online on Toonami as well and I'm somewhat disappointed. When the show is good, it's very good, but it puts way to much focus on its lead characters and we don't hear much from other characters. The end of the first arc was the worst though.

Kirito fights a losing battle against the final boss, Asuna SOMEHOW without explanation overcomes the game and sacrifices herself and then Kirito SOMEHOW, also without explanation, escapes death to defeat the boss. Then we find out that Asuna is for whatever reason still alive? The ending also attempted to make us sympathize too much with the final boss. When asked why he would commit what is essentially mass genocide for his own enjoyment he doesn't really give an answer and he just disappears. He's responsible for the deaths of thousands and he can just leave?

I watched SAO seasons 1 and 2. I really liked Season 1.  :thumbsup:  All of it. No complaints. :biggrin:  Season 2 was not as epic, but still worth watching. Really, it was kinda lack luster, but it did have its moments. :unhappy:  As to the ending of season 1 in reply to eal:

Games have glitches, so Asuna must have found one. :P As I recall, Kirito was only nearly dead. It's been a while since I've seen the ending, so what I'm about to say could be wrong. It was how I interpreted it though. After Asuna's surprise attack and death, Akihiko Kayaba was kinda honor bound to die since he promised Kirito that she would live if Kirito died. Akihiko may be a genocidal maniac, but he is at least honorable. SAO was intended to be essentially a fair game. In game, after a person dies, we know they can be revived at most 10 seconds after their death. There was at least one item that allowed this to happen. But really, this is mainly for dramatic effect. That's the real answer here.

I agree about the ending, but who's to say there aren't real world consequences for him? :P