What anime are you watching?

Final update for today, I'm at Chapter 76. I'm pretty sure this is the final Kaneki variation right? Right? Anyway, I loved it. Kaneki accepts himself and realizes that he wanted to live from the start, and we see a genuine smile out of him. I... might've have shed a tear after seeing him smile for the first time.

Furuta's also hilarious. Nimu-Dash!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the best one is the one called Newman. His evil is so great the main character always says, "Hello, Newman," whenever he arrives.

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Dea

I didn't mind Vic at first. He has no real vocal range, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as he can act and as long as he's not voicing numerous characters in one thing.   But then a fr

Posted Images

Ishida's artwork really explodes at this arc. And this is so far the last time Kaneki has some inner transformation.

What about when he "goes down the rabbit hole".

I'm sure he'd rate it as an S-Class experience.

Oh yeah. I remember a while back when you asked about Hermann Hesse or something and I said that about this point in :re answers your question. Remember something like that?

What about when he "goes down the rabbit hole".

I'm sure he'd rate it as an S-Class experience.

Oh yeah. I remember a while back when you asked about Hermann Hesse or something and I said that about this point in :re answers your question. Remember something like that?

Oh yeah I recognized right away when it was referenced. The final panel of 75 in the corner says "A World Has Been Destroyed" referencing the quote way back from Chapter 8 of Part 1.

My favorite thing about Tokyo Ghoul are all the crazies finding all these numbers and symbols throughout individual chapters. If you go to any chapter discussion on MAL it's just pages of them discussion this stuff. I honestly think the deepest symbolism Ishida is capable of is the Hermann Hesse quote and how it relates to Kaneki.

You can't tell me Juzo's relation to the number 13 is just a coincidence. I mean I don't think the use of tarot is exceptionally good symbolism, but it can't be coincidence, I think.

I've seen people go much deeper. Much, much deeper. If you watch any of ChibiReviews's videos on Tokyo Ghoul you'd know what I mean.

Alright, I've now gotten to Chapter 100 of TG:Re. My God, that last arc was amazing. Arima's last words and Eto's death were amazing, also the fact that Re means king. The revelations of the Washu clan were awesome, I'm excited to see Furuta's next move. The art is also a lot better now. Mutsuki's parallel to Kaneki made me a little scared. Amon's return, Takizawa, and Akira were all great to see together.

31 chapters left!

I put V under the same umbrella as Washu revelations. Now I just remembered that one ghoul calle Scarecrow I believe that was leaving Rue that one time, wonder what he's gonna do.

I like how basically every villain is ether dead or on Kaneki's side now. And the CCG basically has nobody.

Hey man, they've still got Suzuya...who's got a huge death flag right now.

It's a pretty large flag.

You absolutely blasted through :re. I'm only just about to reach the end of the Battle of Fairy Tail arc.

Edited by eal

With anime, I also either binge it in like 8-9 episode chunks, or it's sitting on my MAL unfinished for half a year.

There's a few things I've wanted read, not right away as I'm pretty burned out from :re, maybe in a week I'll start it up. Tell me what you think about these.

Gintama

The Promised Neverland

Blade of the Immortal

Kingdom

Monster

Of those, I've heard good things about Monster and I've been reading Promised Neverland since it came out. I've been trying to get more people to read it so naturally I'm gonna tell you to go for that. It's like 45 chapters right now.

Gintama will take you a decade to read. It's text-heavy and like 500 chapters long. And I've heard Kingdom is intended to be 100 volumes long, and it's on it's 46th.

Edited by eal

I'll save Gintama for a day I have nothing else to read.

Since Monster is already completed, and I'd like a story that has an ending this time, I'm thinking that. Though I heard Promised Neverland has been a really good Shonen, and it's not too long right now so better to jump on it while it's still short. Promised Neverland it is.