Sign in to follow this  
darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

Been watching the whole Macross series of Robotech. It'll probably kill me as I watch it on my phone connected to my bluetooth as I drive to work.

Or, you know, somebody else.

Just finished watching Getter Robo: Armageddon. Usually, I'm not the type to review, but it's a very good anime overall, though a few parts can get confusing.

Stalling on Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog), and planning to watch Brave Exkaiser and Brave of the Sun Fighbird, as well as Macross Plus.

EDIT: Edited a few times 'cause I'm such a perfectionist.

Watch Macross Plus! It's pretty legit.

Just finished watching Getter Robo: Armageddon. Usually, I'm not the type to review, but it's a very good anime overall, though a few parts can get confusing.

Stalling on Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog), and planning to watch Brave Exkaiser and Brave of the Sun Fighbird, as well as Macross Plus.

I actually just watched the first episode last night! Quite honestly, it's shaping up to be one of the best mecha anime I've ever seen.

Also, I've put Brave of Sun Fighbird and any plans to watch Brave Exkaiser on-hold.

Watched a few more episodes of Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog). Quite honestly, Koyuki and Dororo are my favourite characters in the whole series, hence my current profile name.

Planning to watch the second episode of Macross Plus this Friday, as I plan on watching it in a weekly pace rather than do a marathon of it.

I actually just watched the first episode last night! Quite honestly, it's shaping up to be one of the best mecha anime I've ever seen.

Also, I've put Brave of Sun Fighbird and any plans to watch Brave Exkaiser on-hold.

The only Macross/Robotech I've seen is Macross Plus. I've heard the rest of the series was good, minus the new ones.

Watching Fang of the Sun Dougram. Pretty good, but I can't form an exact opinion until I've watched all of the episodes.

EDIT: Also watching Lion Voltron. Sure, it may be cheesy by today's standards, but it does provide for some good super robot action (at least when Voltron is revealed a few episodes later) and some fine plotlines.

Edited by Koyuki and Dororo
  • Upvote 1

Dude, I loved Dougram.  Lecoque is so awesome.  

I've been waching Captain Future. It's one of my favorite ones and brings back good childhood memories.

captainfuture.jpg

recently watching melancholy of haruhi suzumiya (mind screw, wonders beyond human logic, kyon's endless mind rabmling, this anime has everything i need to survive anime mainstream stories), Persona 4The animation, Kamisama hajimemashita (at least it's a bit interesting), pokemon BWS2,

edit: oh and korewa zombie desu ka season 2..

planning to watch lucky star, DS2 the animation, Baka to test and date alive, but i still focus on the first 4 anyway..

any other good recent ongoing anime lately?

Edited by Gigamagicx6

Funny you should post that, Megalosaro. I was planning on watching Space Runaway Ideon, too, as well as Super-Electromagnetic Machine Voltes Five.

EDIT: Corrected Megalosaro's name.

Do it dude.  It makes my heart happy to see someone else want to tackle these great shows

Do it dude.  It makes my heart happy to see someone else want to tackle these great shows

I actually did, coincidentally enough!

I plan on watching two episodes of Voltes Five and Ideon each week, rather than do a marathon of them.

EDIT/ADDITION: Coincidentally, I began watching Voltes Five in the 35th anniversary of the Filipino premiere date (Voltes Five began airing in the Philippines on May 5, 1978)! I also plan on watching Voltes Five every Friday at 6:00pm, as a tribute to the Filipino airdates.

Sorry for double-post, but planning on watching Blue Comet SPT Layzner sometime.

What I am watching now is damn ancient (Its 30 years old! ), which is Armored Trooper VOTOMS. I think some of you may have guessed that on my recent post of my art dump.

And, on my watch list for upcoming shows, I am getting ready to see Diabolik Lovers.Hot vampires. Yeehaw. :)

Watching Tekkaman Blade now, and still planning on watching Blue Comet SPT Layzner.

Continuing on with Sgt. Frog, Voltes Five, and Space Runaway Ideon.

Planning to re-watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Dougram.

Currently:

Photokano: Pretty cool series. Mainly slice-of-life with a bit of fanservice. from what I've been seeing, they look like they're taking an omnibus approach by spending the first few eps for plot and have an ep or two for each of the girls' endings.

Suisei no Gargantia: Really digging this series! I love the world as well as the lore about why humanity is divided into 2 main cultures.

MM!
Toradora!
Oreimo

I started Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai the other night and think I'll be enjoying it as well.

Here's something that'll make me unpopular. Watched some of that Attack on Titan. I don't like it. At all!

It's flashy, yeah, but it's stupid. Are the titans themselves supposed to be a joke? Are they supposed to be scary? Do you hold your food up to your open mouth for 15-30 seconds before taking a bite? Looks aside, the animation doesn't make use of the space. These are large creatures in an open area. You should be seeing them going in and around things, but instead they pop out of nowhere. Moreso, I just hate how the characters act. It's so...well, I guess Japanese. You've got a team who are supposed to be soldiers fighting monsters and they stand around, talk about their feelings, crying, or just staring while being eaten. Awful characters who don't really emote.

• Upvote 1

That is what I like about the original Gundam.  You stand around talking about your feelings, and this happens to you:

I watched Last Exile a couple years ago and started re-watching it. It's truly a masterpiece.

Watching IGPX right now. It's a mecha series, but it involves racing and fighting. Actually very good, in my opinion.

Still watching Voltes Five, Sgt. Frog, and Tekkaman Blade, and watching an episode of Lion Force Voltron one at a time (if I ever have the time).

Planning on watching GPX Cyber Formula, and still planning to rewatch LoGH, Dougram, and Ideon.

EDIT: BTW, recently watched M.D. Geist (the 2013 re-edit):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoEGiHA3m94

And I have to say, it's awesome.

I'm watching Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog) and Azumanga Daioh!

Just finished watching Voltes Five almost a few hours ago. In my opinion, it's a very good mecha series, particularly in the drama.

Started watching The IDOLM@STER (no, neither Xenoglossia nor Puchimas) and Shurato, and also started rewatching Dougram, and watching Sgt. Frog one episode at a time whenever I get the chance.

Still getting around to rewatching Macross Plus and Lion Force Voltron.

Also bought the first DVD collection of Tekkaman Blade a few days ago at Half Price Books (for $7.99), and planning on saving up for the second collection.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony