darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

By the way, I've heard in few places about the possibility of Part 3 to Tokyo Ghoul because there's still a lot of stuff to uncover in re:. Is there any validity to this?

Do you mean a third season? Nope. Everyone keeps talking about rumors and speculation, but I think it's just people hoping for things. A lot of people want a Madhouse reboot. Honestly, the artsyle really evolves, and his paintings can't be duplicated. Even the ones in the closing credits of Root A was stuff drawn by him, if I remember correctly. His style is nice to see in illustration form, rather then animated. Something about the way he draws bodies now, and the way they move. The :re manga is a nice unique experience. Doesn't need an anime. Just wish the anime had resolved more.

The trouble is that the anime skipped over lots of stuff that would be difficult to introduce organically in a :re adaptation. They left some threads that ended up lingering in while also leaving stuff out. Dr. Kano didn't need to stay in, yet when they decided to leave him, they cut out all of the key bits.

If you mean a Part 3 of the manga, fans have been talking about :re seemingly winding down. It definitely feels like another 100 chapters could finish it. I think it currently has a problem with a constantly jumping timeline. Kaneki has to be 24 by now. Every arc has a minor jump of a few months. I don't know how anyone can expect a part three. I hope not, because that might also include a time jump that throws Kaneki into his 30s.

Edited by eal

Volume 3 of Fairy Tail sees the story pick up a bit more steam. Given its reputation, there's a shocking lack of titties in Fairy Tail at the moment.

Current Best Girl: Mirajane. This is probably controversial given the fact Erza has been introduced at this point, and while I do find her magic to be pretty cool, Mirajane is still the most attractive and personable female of the bunch. Looking forward to her storyline advancing at some point.

Volume 3 of Fairy Tail sees the story pick up a bit more steam. Given its reputation, there's a shocking lack of titties in Fairy Tail at the moment.

I'd imagine it's more about the ass.

I'd imagine the unofficial theme song for the show would be, "Baby Got Back," by Sir Mix-A-Lot.

• Upvote 1

The Swimsuit Issue emphasized boobs more, but there was a lot of ass also on display.

Swimsuit Issue?

Must be the Sports Illustrated magazine of Japan.

Every chapter of Fairy Tail is the Sports Illustrated of Japan.

The last arc was okay, but it tried to have a flashback reminiscent of the Bellemere flashback in One Piece that missed the mark when we only see like half a chapter worth of time with Gray and his mentor. I felt no connection between them, even though that was what they were going for.

Hopefully this new arc is better. It has potential. A war between Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord is full of possibilities. That being said, considering Gajeel basically crucified her and her childhood friends, I don't know how on earth Levy ends up falling for him.

Jesus forgave those who crucified him man......

I remember the Bellemere flashback, that's when I knew One Piece was something special.

Though don't you think someone important to one of the main character's dying is a classic shonen staple? It goes far beyond One Piece(though One Piece does it best imo). Unless there's other details that make it more reminiscent to Bellemere's flashback that I don't know.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

Flashbacks in general are a shonen staple. I read a lot of manga, and very rarely do chapters-long flashbacks occur in the middle of a battle or at the end of one the way they do in shonen manga.

In Fairy Tail's case, Natsu, Gray, and Lucy go on a mission together. At first, Gray is trying to bring them back because it's going to be too much for them to handle. Then, he finds out that this mission is connected to his former teacher Ur. Not only that, but the boy he trained alongside is now out to revive the monster their master died to stop. About halfway through, you get the flashback to when they lived together. You get a sense Mashima was going for sort-of a Bellemere-style role for Ur, but the relationships between the characters were poorly formed. You don't get much of the daily life between the three characters. More time is spent on the scene where she confronts a giant demon then is spent developing their dynamic. You know Gray wants to kill a specific demon, Lyon wants to surpass Ur, and that Ur used to have a daughter, but aside from one scene in which Ur assures Lyon that he isn't a replacement for her daughter and that she wants them to experience freedom, you don't get a sense for the way things were, and why it's such a tragedy that Gray and Lyon are basically battling over her legacy long after her death.

FLCL 2 TRAILER OMG

So I'm finally getting around to reading Tokyo Ghoul :re, I'm aiming for 1-2 volumes a day.

As for my thoughts on Chapter 1, I assume after TG Arima had Kaneki made into one of those human Quinques that were introduced, and that person was Sasaki Hiase, simple enough to piece together. Also seeing Ayato with Hinami was awesome.

The art style also improved a bit, it's looking more like the TG Oneshot.

His art really goes places in the later volumes. Haise doesn't have his memory at the start, so you can take a pretty reasonable guess who it is.

I am also going for 1-2 volumes of Fairy Tail a day. I actually read about 3 today. In a perfect world, I'll have read the entire series just before the last chapter comes out, which is in about a month.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1

Hmm...I wonder who Hiase is...nope I'm drawing a blank. Maybe it's...Takizawa, definitely. Wait no, Akira isn't arguing with him 24/7, it's Shinohara no doubt.

Man, poor Takizawa. That guy gets it so hard.

To be fair, everyone gets the shaft in TG.

There's an arc about 70+ chapters in that should've been called The Shaft, because every character that hadn't already gotten it got it.

Chapter 13 currently. The story is getting, I can't wait to see Haise meet more of his past friends and be reminded of the past, I'm expecting some amazing mind breaking mental torture for him, so excited. Also I like that there's more story for another character I really liked, Suzuya.

His hair changes color like 4 times.

'Bout at volume 13. Over 100 chapters. Just finished the Tower of Heaven arc. Definitely Fairy Tail's best showing up to this point. What I've seen of the next arc looks weak.

Current Best Girl: Juvia.

Edited by eal

^Hey eal have you read the Tokyo Ghoul novels? Are the stories good?

Chapter 24 right now. I can see what eal meant about Takizawa, dude has got it rough. I wonder if he'll meet Akira, that would be crazy. I'm really enjoying :re so far, worthy sequel to Tokyo Ghoul.

^Hey eal have you read the Tokyo Ghoul novels? Are the stories good?

Chapter 24 right now. I can see what eal meant about Takizawa, dude has got it rough. I wonder if he'll meet Akira, that would be crazy. I'm really enjoying :re so far, worthy sequel to Tokyo Ghoul.

I have one of them but I haven't given it a read. The first one looks like it's a bunch of short stories from what I can tell. I've got a couple light novels piling up actually. The Re:ZERO ones, the Welcome to the NHK one, and the recent Seven Deadly Sins one.

Alright Chapter 58, I'm loving :re. So there was normal Kaneki, white haired Kaneki, Haise Sasaki, and now psychopath Kaneki. It's hinted that psychopath Kaneki might just be the "real" Kaneki.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

Spoiler: there is still another Kaneki variation.