What anime are you watching?

I think I may have just written the pinnacle of the English language.

(btw check back on my older post)

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the best one is the one called Newman. His evil is so great the main character always says, "Hello, Newman," whenever he arrives.

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Dea

I didn't mind Vic at first. He has no real vocal range, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as he can act and as long as he's not voicing numerous characters in one thing.   But then a fr

Posted Images

I guess it just comes down to personal preference then.

I see what your saying though, it's why enjoy villains so much, it's endearing to see how they go about justifying what they do, and the different sides the have. It's also the reason Griffith did nothing(except a lot of things) wrong.

I'm more a fan of the broken characters, which is also why Shiro is a disappointment. Love me some human misery.

I imagine you soothe yourself watching a video of Toguro's past with Struggle of Sadness playing in the background.

Toguro's past isn't even that tragic. I like to watch it all unfold onscreen as it happens.

I actually also like watching post-apocalyptic stories show the world before it happens. Easily my favorite stuff in From the New World, all the pre-history stuff and flashbacks and ruined Tokyo. Same with Attack on Titan's ED. That image of the king standing over the children as they devour the guts of a corpse is haunting, especially as someone who is all caught up on the manga.

Ooooh, are we talking about Anime villains? There's this really cool one called Vegeta that you guys probably never heard of! :biggrin:

I think the best one is the one called Newman. His evil is so great the main character always says, "Hello, Newman," whenever he arrives.

• Upvote 3

Ooooh, are we talking about Anime villains? There's this really cool one called Vegeta that you guys probably never heard of! :biggrin:

You're right, I completely forgot about Seinfeld. Super underrated Anime.

Gilgamesh makes Vegeta look humble.

Humble Bundle sale got me 45 volumes of Fairy Tail and a couple of the spin-offs for $17. I'm gonna try a Fairy Tail Endurance Test? How far into Fairy Tail will I get before I drop it? We'll find out together!

Humble Bundle sale got me 45 volumes of Fairy Tail and a couple of the spin-offs for $17. I'm gonna try a Fairy Tail Endurance Test? How far into Fairy Tail will I get before I drop it? We'll find out together!

Congratulations on getting that much tail for so little cash.

Congratulations on getting that much tail for so little cash.

You joke but the highest tier actually earned me the swimsuit issue.

I think I'll take a "stab," at rewatching Samurai Champloo sometime soon!

Last week was the premiere. Tonight is episode two!

I should probably watch the first episode though!

A Dragon Quest reference was what got me into Fairy Tail. In the mango, Erza's sword spam, Erdrick's Sword appears. Or was it the Zenithian sword? I honestly forget.

... I stayed for the anime tiddies.

Volume 1 was generic shounen action with some minor touches to make it stand out a bit. It feels almost too much like One Piece, even though they're both remarkably different. Not a lot of titties. I'm looking forward to see the downward spiral.

Current best girl: Mirajane, but this could easily change. We are only introduced to three women (four if you count minor cameos from Levi), and we're sure to be introduced to dozens more.

Doesn't Lupin III premier tonight? I think I'm gonna watch it.

After the last half dozen chapters, I have to implore you to catch up on :re. Things are exploding right now.

Edited by eal

I'm trying to read 2-3 volumes a day, and yet I can still guarantee you that you will surpass me immediately. Some chapters are like 5 consecutive double-page spreads.

I think I'll take a "stab," at rewatching Samurai Champloo sometime soon!

When you re-watch it, pay special attention to the soundtrack. Nujabes' style has become a bit of a thing lately for music producers. I've noticed his brand of music a lot as background noise in videos, and now that those live music channels and hour long atmosphere videos have been getting huge, his music is constantly being heard.

Edited by eal

By the way, I've heard in few places about the possibility of Part 3 to Tokyo Ghoul because there's still a lot of stuff to uncover in re:. Is there any validity to this?

Do you mean a third season? Nope. Everyone keeps talking about rumors and speculation, but I think it's just people hoping for things. A lot of people want a Madhouse reboot. Honestly, the artsyle really evolves, and his paintings can't be duplicated. Even the ones in the closing credits of Root A was stuff drawn by him, if I remember correctly. His style is nice to see in illustration form, rather then animated. Something about the way he draws bodies now, and the way they move. The :re manga is a nice unique experience. Doesn't need an anime. Just wish the anime had resolved more.

The trouble is that the anime skipped over lots of stuff that would be difficult to introduce organically in a :re adaptation. They left some threads that ended up lingering in while also leaving stuff out. Dr. Kano didn't need to stay in, yet when they decided to leave him, they cut out all of the key bits.

If you mean a Part 3 of the manga, fans have been talking about :re seemingly winding down. It definitely feels like another 100 chapters could finish it. I think it currently has a problem with a constantly jumping timeline. Kaneki has to be 24 by now. Every arc has a minor jump of a few months. I don't know how anyone can expect a part three. I hope not, because that might also include a time jump that throws Kaneki into his 30s.

Edited by eal