What anime are you watching?

I see. My eyes jumped straight to the b word and it made me think of Maribel.

Now that I read what the rest of the title is...and eal is totally right. Clearly it's the show we need. I bet it will be a hit on Toonami.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the best one is the one called Newman. His evil is so great the main character always says, "Hello, Newman," whenever he arrives.

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Dea

I didn't mind Vic at first. He has no real vocal range, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as he can act and as long as he's not voicing numerous characters in one thing.   But then a fr

Posted Images

Read the first 10 chapters. Pretty funny, but the scanlation was a bit hard to follow. Perhaps because each page seems completely separate from the others for most chapters. Very little continuing storyline. Will be hilarious, I'm sure.

I'm impressed with your willingness to read whatever random ecchi manga I mention.

Read the first 10 chapters. Pretty funny, but the scanlation was a bit hard to follow. Perhaps because each page seems completely separate from the others for most chapters. Very little continuing storyline. Will be hilarious, I'm sure.
I'm impressed with your willingness to read whatever random ecchi manga I mention.
I fell asleep at 9pm last night and woke bolt upright at 3am. What else did I have to do?

I fell asleep at 9pm last night and woke bolt upright at 3am. What else did I have to do?

Next up: Please Tell Me! Galko-chan.

I have greater appreciation for Toguro after watching this. This analysis nails his character I think, helped me understand him a little better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37uc7raOVzA

I think its because his HxH videos get the most attention, so he makes more, but there is a lot to talk about Hunter x Hunter.

I mostly watch him for his Hunter x Hunter videos, and his Berserk videos.

More like the only anime people are interested in watching videos about, which in turn makes them the only ones people will make videos about, its a vicous cycle.

He has a good two part Fate analysis you might like, I havent seen the whole thing cause I plan on watching it eventually, but from what I saw it was pretty good.

More like the only anime people are interested in watching videos about, which in turn makes them the only ones people will make videos about, its a vicous cycle.

He has a good two part Fate analysis you might like, I havent seen the whole thing cause I plan on watching it eventually, but from what I saw it was pretty good.

Also Re:ZERO and Steins;Gate. See lots of those, and some Psycho-Pass. Fate appears a lot as well but there's a lot of lore from the myriad of spin-offs and the magic system and alternate timelines are pretty expansive, so it makes sense. And of course Evangelion has a lot of content made about it.

Next up: Please Tell Me! Galko-chan.

Loved it. Good with defying stereotypes. Galko is too good for this world. Reminds me of the Breakfast Club. Would watch again.

Eh, the Breakfast Club. Totally change of discussion, but I was not a fan of that movie at all.

Don't think I'm trying to dog you for bringing up the film, and feel free to ignore me on that post. I just didn't like the movie. Maybe if I watch it again I'd like it since I know what to expect, but as of this post, not a big fan of it.

Could be just when I watched it too. Anyway, ignore my rambling and proceed with the discussion of the animes.

Actually, I got a topic change again: Lupin the Third. It's coming to Toonami this Saturday and I'm going to check it out. Haven't watched Toonami other than for Samurai Jack, so I'm hoping Lupin will be good.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

You know what's a good way to make me like an already pretty solid anime more? Have a character from my favorite anime cameo in it.

First part: I'm currently watching Golden Time. People talk will either say it's great and very relatable or you hear nothing about it. It was definitely a show that stayed in the year 2014. I can't speak to it's relatability but I did like a little scene in the 4th episode. Towards the end, Nana Osaki made an appearance for some reason. Aside from physical appearance, nothing else about her was the same, but it was a totally out of nowhere cameo.

Second part: I have the most basic b**ch familiarity to the Fate franchise. Now that I think about it, I wanted to watch Prisma Illya and today would have been a great day to start it...

But in a sense, that's what makes me good to go to if you want to just be a casual anime watcher. Doesn't matter which you watch first, Zero or UBW, but something will be lost regardless of which you pick. Zero gives away everything about Fate/stay night, but a lot of it you don't see in UBW so you might end up being confused about why those plot details aren't resolved. Meanwhile, UBW pretty much tells you the outcome of Zero, which undercuts the tragedy a bit.

UBW goes out of its way to explain things a bit, whereas with Zero, you're a bit more confused about how the world of mage's operates. It took me like 6 episodes before I figured out all the factions and the families, it was like watch GoT again. But at the same time, Rider is like the raddest guy ever.

Anyways, Zero is pretty good. Sub or dub, can't go wrong. I think Rider sounds way better in the dub. I'm familiar with Gen Urobuchi so I expected it, but if you aren't, be prepared for characters to talk about their individual ideals lots. It sorta hit parody at one point when a bunch of characters literally sat down and talked about their philosophies of ruling, but it was a good episode nonetheless.

UBW is a lot more simpler. It's about what makes a hero, but not the cool kind, the Japanese "hero of justice" kind and Shiro is kind of annoying about it. Best girl doesn't win in UBW either, and you don't get much of Illya, which is a crime because I like her too.

My preferred order is Zero, then UBW. A hardcore Fate fan will argue about which is the truest order but I think it comes down to the person. Although a diehard Fate fan will tell you to play the VN...

• Upvote 1

You gave me a good idea, King. I have a friend who kinda likes anime but not a whole lot. Really into some, but it's hard to get them to watch anime unless it conforms to specific aspects (gotta be dubbed, maybe a romance in it, has to have an ending, appealing art style). However, we made a deal a few months ago that if I watched Stranger Things they would watch whatever I told them to. When I first watched Fate/Zero, I occasionally talked about it and sometimes listened to music from it in the car, and they would sometimes be like "Would I like it?"

So I think that'll be the show I tell 'em to watch. Maybe strong-arm them into doing it tomorrow.

Ah, forcing your friends to watch anime, a glorious past time. Your friend doesnt watch a lot of anime, which is funny, because I actually started thinking about watching the show because one of my friends who hardly watches anime talked about it.

Speaking of Fate, went with Zero, first episode, interesting, lots of exposition but it was interesting. Im into the premise of the show, legendary heroes being revived to fight a secret war.

Well, the weird thing is, they are totally down for anime, it's just not their favorite thing and it needs to conform to certain standards. Absolutely devoured both versions of FMA. In practically two weeks. 110+ episodes. Watched Yuri on Ice in a day, both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul, both seasons of Snow White with the Red Hair, really seemed to like Sword Art Online for some reason. I don't watch anime that fast. Unless it grabs me by the balls my pace is absolutely glacial.

As for Zero, first episode is a snooze-fest, everybody on Earth agrees. The 10 minutes of walking around a guy in a circle is practically a meme.

Fate/Zero Season 1 is now finished. Its been awhile since I watched that many episodes of an anime in two days. The ideals of the characters and their reasons for wanting the grail drew me in. Also, Rider is just glorious, hi m and Waver are my favorite characters hands down. Episode 11 is probably my favorite, I just loved seeing all of them sit down and talk about their philosophies. Its also wierdly entertaining seeing Caster act like a complete loon.

I'd definitely put Rider as my second favorite anime character. I'm about to offer a branching path: if you want to continue the Fate franchise, watch UBW. The dub, if you prefer it, is on Netflix. If you want something with an interesting philosophy to bite into, watch Shiki. Totally different show, but it has an interesting view on human nature, and takes the themes in Tokyo Ghoul to an extreme.

Also, obligatory Digi video:

https://youtu.be/rUT038OSEu8

Edited by eal

Just to be clear, by season 1, I meant the first 13 episodes of Fate/Zero. Still have the second half of the show to finish. Its just the way you say thingw in your post, makes me think you thought I had finished it all already.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians