darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

Right stuff has them for 40 a blu ray.

IBO is good

Last November I got my wife hooked on Serei no Moribito, to where she binge-watched the entire series in 3 days.  I haven't seen her be that interested in a series since, though.  I'm trying to get her to watch Macross: Do You Remember Love with me, but she's not too psyched to watch a space drama.  I might be able to get her into Cowboy BeBop, though, because of the jazz soundtrack.

Lately we've been watching (whenever the baby will let us) the Studio Ghibli documentary: The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness, but I'm not really into it.  Rather than a celebration of the Ghibli films throughout the years, we're 40 minutes in and it's half about Miyazaki being depressed about the Fukushima nuclear disaster.  It kinda ruins the buzz you otherwise feel from seeing what goes on inside Studio Ghibli.  Maybe it picks up later, we'll see.  We average about 15 minutes of TV watching a night while we eat, depending on the baby's sleep schedule.

Digimon Adventure tri: Reunion came out this week. I've specifically held off on it so that I could watch it dubbed. Joshua Seth returned to voice acting to play Tai again, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

^ I recently got Digimon World for the PS4. I'm still trying to figure how the heck things work in the game. It's not super intuitive for newcomers.

Samurai Jack ends tonight. I know its technically not anime but whatever. Excited to see how it ends, it was an exceptional season.

Edited by Fates

^ I recently got Digimon World for the PS4. I'm still trying to figure how the heck things work in the game. It's not super intuitive for newcomers.

Samurai Jack ends tonight. I know its technically not anime but whatever. Excited to see how it ends, it was an exceptional season.

I once played and beat a Digimon game. I remember being confused much of the time. You could devolve I believe...? Meh, it's fleeting.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga. The slow pacing is going to make the payoff episodes so freaking awesome.

IBO is good

Two of my friends did voices for that show. One played Biscuit and the other played Dante.

Guys! Hunter X Hunter is coming back from hiatus, $#!&ing finally!

Guys! Hunter X Hunter is coming back from hiatus, $#!&ing finally!

When it goes back on hiatus again you should read Blur Exorcist.

IBO is good

Two of my friends did voices for that show. One played Biscuit and the other played Dante.

Biscuit.. ;_;

Does playing Xenoverse count as watching animu?

8S1H4Xu.jpg

I found Samurai Champloo: The Complete Series on sale at Best Buy yesterday! This is one of the few amines I can say I really like. Plus now I can watch the baseball episode with the ridiculous Japanese voice track.

Occult Academy is making a strong case for itself in its first two episodes.

Oh wow. Persona 4: The Golden Animation is atrocious. It's obviously a weird sequel series but there's no way anybody could watch this without playing the game or watching the original anime beforehand.

Edited by eal

Does anyone know if Dragon Ball: Son Goku and his friends Return was ever dubbed in to English?

Sent from my MotoPod

My research is telling me "no."

Oh well thanks for trying. I tried it looking up the other day but I got yes and no answers.

Sent from my MotoPod

With how wet Funimation gets for more DBZ content to sell, in shocked they didn't dub it, unless they felt they couldn't justify the work since it's episode length or it's tied up in some weird rights issues.

Who knows, maybe it was bundled in with something.

I started rewatching Dragon Ball from the very beginning so I can start watching Super and I wanted to make sure I had my timeline set up all correctly. I have a JP version of Son Goku from a few years back, but was hoping that it had finally been dubbed by now.

The US usually isn't hurting for DB releases, you're right. Not sure what's going on there.

This is exactly what the industry needed.

Read the first 10 chapters. Pretty funny, but the scanlation was a bit hard to follow. Perhaps because each page seems completely separate from the others for most chapters. Very little continuing storyline. Will be hilarious, I'm sure.