Sign in to follow this  
darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

Hm, never heard of that one before. I'll look it up real quick and -

oOsYe.gif

Black Butler II.

Nearing the end of Heroman. It's pretty good so far. It also got me thinking. Since the series was created by Stan Lee, How would the main character, Joey adapt in the Marvel universe. Just a thought.

Fate/Zero just keeps getting better and better, seeing how the Holy Grail war unfolds, along with seeing the developing relations between each Servant/Master team.

Hm, never heard of that one before. I'll look it up real quick and -

oOsYe.gif

Dwaine, honestly the tanuki testicles are barely in the movie. And they're a key feature of tanuki lore that they couldn't NOT reference them in the movie. It's done in a tasteful manner.

They sure were in every GIS picture I saw.

ballslqdyn.gif

Ookami-san :D

Ookami-san :D

My apologies for necroposting, but:

Dairugger XV (or Vehicle Voltron), Sgt. Frog, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

hahaha, It's funny this topic bumped.  I actually JUST started watching Ideon like two days ago.  Took me almost a year to get around to it.

It's kind of hard to describe.  Visually it looks more like some of the stuff Tomino put out like Xabungle, meaning it looks "cuter" than his Gundam stuff does.  But the story seems like it's going to be quite rough.

The story takes place on a colonized planet called Solo.  Humans from Earth have excavated some weird machines from some ruins, which the military is trying to seize since it views the discovery as weapons.  Unbeknownst to them, the planet used to belong to a race of Aliens who are investigating the arrival of the humans.

Fearing that humanity has technology that matches their own, a small impulsive group of the aliens decides to attack the humans since they don't want to take a chance that we're aggressive.  This ends up sparking a war between the colonial humans and the aliens.

The machine parts that were dug up actually were the titular mecha, the Ideon.  The thing is HUGE.  Probably more than a hundred or two hundred feet tall when full combined. 

I'm still watching Dragon Ball Z. I'm 16 so I didn't get the opportunity to live in the glorious 90's and watch Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Dragon Ball. I;m on episode 276 right now and I just loved Goku and Vegeta's rivalry episodes. The Majin Buu saga seems to hang out alot. I'm so sick of Buu.

I'm also watching Inuyasha, Pokemon Orange League, Kiba, Soul Hunters, Tenchi Muyo and yes even Sailor Moon. I'm not a sissy pants I just heard it was a great series. I tend to like older animes because there were less ideas back then to be recycled.

Good luck with Pokemon.  There is like 700+ episodes of that now.

Strawberry Marshmallow, Mezzo DSA, When They Cry, Noir, Hyperspeed Grandoll, Comic Party, Karin, Spectral Force, Demon Fighter Kocho, and Golden Boy are the 10 most recent titles to grace my collection; the majority of which I am still currently watching. All of them I highly recommend.... but a few of them are not for all ages. ^_^

Oh, seem to have forgotten a few recent titles: Diamond Daydreams, Ushio and Tora, Arcade Runner Fubuki, and Knights of Ramune. About my previous statement, though.... upon further reflection, perhaps I meant to say 'only a few titles' are for all ages. What is acceptable in animation differs greatly from person to person. Nothing too terrible, though. :3

Well since my last post, I finished watching Fate/Zero...and it was awesome as hell. Sword Art Online was also good, but season 2 seemed more like a filler, and I hope they make another season going into the 3rd story arc.

Accel World was decent, however it left with a lot of things unresolved.

Eureka seveN AO, was also decent, but it answered many questions with more questions.

Recently, I finished watching Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai. It was such an adorable series to watch, though many times it left me saying "Someone get these kids a D&D book!"

Recently finished Dairugger XV. Pretty good mecha series (even in its Voltron counterpart), in my opinion. Last episode was a bit of a downer ending, though, with Commander Teles (Hazar) dying with planet Galveston (Drule) as it's destroyed; after that, it cuts to a scene of space, with "owari" (the end) fading in a few seconds later. Still, I was relieved that the Rugger Team managed to save the residents of planet Galveston from dying with the planet.

Still haven't gotten around to rewatching Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog), but I'm watching one episode of Legend of the Galactic Heroes at a time whenever I have the time.

Edited by Shin Getter-1

I've finished SAO, Deathnote and am currently watching Fairy Tail. Tenrou arc at the moment, I know kinda slow :)

Anyone catch Maoyuu lately, by any chance?   Should be on Crunchyroll still, and.... in a few words, it's Dragon Quest meets Spice and Wolf.  (Same director and team I believe?  If you liked Spice and Wolf, you'll probably enjoy it.  If you hated Spice and Wolf, but will brave anything that hints at Dragon Quest, try the first episode.) 

Basically, economics and a 'What if...' scenario, between the Demon King and Hero.  It screams Dragon Warrior 1 and 3, right from the start.

Some bits are cringe worthy. MY GOODNESS... poor Demon King.  Thinking about that particular design aspect makes my back ache.  Some of the 'monster' designs that Hero encounters were also facepalm worthy. There *were* parts that made me smile; the Demon King's horns, for one, but the Demon King has other items in the inventory that I do not want to spoil!  The Hero in his 'alternate' armor.  Fire Dragon Lady and DAT TAIL!  (I mean, her actual, fat red dragon tail.)

Give it a shot or not... but I'm just going to leave one of the caption contest winners from the crunchyroll forum, as a final thought.

RAISES SWORD FOR KILL

Most of the animes I've been keeping up with either ended or are on a break. So I'm working on getting into more animes I haven't been following yet. Then there's One Piece that seems to get delayed from time to time.

Been watching the whole Macross series of Robotech. It'll probably kill me as I watch it on my phone connected to my bluetooth as I drive to work.

I've just started watching a series called Photokano. Its about a kid, who's given a high-end camera by his dad and he ends up taking photos around his school. So far, it seems like a slice of life anime, but with harem elements and some fanservice, as he finds himself being recruited by a shady photography club who likes taking erotic pictures.

Just finished watching Getter Robo: Armageddon. Usually, I'm not the type to review, but it's a very good anime overall, though a few parts can get confusing.

Stalling on Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog), and planning to watch Brave Exkaiser and Brave of the Sun Fighbird, as well as Macross Plus.

EDIT: Edited a few times 'cause I'm such a perfectionist.

Edited by Shin Getter-1