What anime are you watching?

Looks like Dragon Ball Super is coming to Toonami.

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/07/dragon-ball-super-toonami-premiere-date-announced/

Can't wait to see the dub!

The most recent saga was amazing

Looks like Dragon Ball Super is coming to Toonami.

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/07/dragon-ball-super-toonami-premiere-date-announced/

Can't wait to see the dub!

The most recent saga was amazing

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the best one is the one called Newman. His evil is so great the main character always says, "Hello, Newman," whenever he arrives.

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Dea

I didn't mind Vic at first. He has no real vocal range, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as he can act and as long as he's not voicing numerous characters in one thing.   But then a fr

Posted Images

I think IBO ends tonight, not sure though.

Regardless, I wonder what fills the gap until 0096 starts.

Also, there will be a preview of One Piece Film Gold at 1AM CST.

Yeah, they are gonna preview Film Gold.

... and probably never actually show it on TV.

Anyways, things get real in JoJos tonight!

King hates One Piece for some reason.

They won't show it because it's getting a theatrical run. It won't be on Toonami for a very long time. I know it's the newest movie, but it feels strange that they'd give a dub to a movie that is so far ahead of where they are in the anime in terms of release and dub. I know the last movie came out ahead of the show as well. Which would be fine, but those two movies are post-timeskip and I'm sure some of the voice actors were wondering how their characters either had scars all over their bodies or what happened to their boobs. Also, Brook made his first dub appearance in Strong World.

I mentioned it before but I've seen very little of the series but I still enjoy the movies a lot so I really don't mind this practice.

Yeah I'm weird like that.

What a classic storyline the Fullbringer Arc was. Definitely ranks up there in the pantheon of shonen story arcs.

Way better than Enies Lobby, Chimera Ants, and The Dark Tournament.

What a classic storyline the Fullbringer Arc was. Definitely ranks up there in the pantheon of shonen story arcs.

Way better than Enies Lobby, Chimera Ants, and The Dark Tournament.

There was an arc of a show dedicated to ants?

From an outsider's perspective that sounds incredibly odd to have a whole arc of show based around ants.

I understand, but let me give you quick summary.

So this species of ants called Chimera Ants reproduce by they're queen eating organisms. The next generation of ants then inherit they're traits, so there are ant fish hybrids, ant bird hybrids, you get it. So eventually they're queen eats a human, so the ants begin to be born with a sense of self conscience and start evolving rapidly. So rapidly that the Hunter Association gets involved with exterminating them because they're a threat to humanity. The first half starts off slow, things start speeding up in the second half, which all leads up to the perfect climax which is episode 126. Then the sadness that is 131, and the final episode 135 which, if you're not crying, you probably can't feel emotions. It's awesome trust me it's got... AND this summary pretty much turned you off didn't it?

Since you mentioned the Dark Tournament....

Controversial, I know, but I literally just finished the Chapter Black arc of Yu Yu Hakusho and I honestly like it more than the Dark Tournament. The only thing I didn't like was the introduction of strength classes. Toguro is just a B Class demon and Yusuke ascends to S Class while Hiei, Kuwabara, and Kurama all hit A Class. Ugh. Seven Deadly Sins was ruined a bit by that kind of stuff too and Dragon Ball Z is the worst offender of all when it comes to ranks and classes.

Also, I have an idea what makes the Chimera Ant arc compelling based on what your summary, which gives me the feeling you might really like something like Shiki, which features monsters at first glance that might be considered a threat, but really just want to live, something Tokyo Ghoul grappled with too. That's just my guess though.

Edited by eal

So this species of ants called Chimera Ants reproduce by they're queen eating organisms. The next generation of ants then inherit they're traits, so there are ant fish hybrids, ant bird hybrids, you get it. So eventually they're queen eats a human, so the ants begin to be born with a sense of self conscience and start evolving rapidly. So rapidly that the Hunter Association gets involved with exterminating them because they're a threat to humanity. The first half starts off slow, things start speeding up in the second half, which all leads up to the perfect climax which is episode 126. Then the sadness that is 131, and the final episode 135 which, if you're not crying, you probably can't feel emotions. It's awesome trust me it's got... AND this summary pretty much turned you off didn't it?

Actually I just haven't had any interest watching anything Toonami has been showing for a while now. Look a few posts back to one of mine for a better answer.

Guess I'm not in an "I'll watch some anime" phase or something. But if they were running say Space Dandy or a repeat of Samurai Champloo, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.

Or Dimension W. Found some of the content they showed real questionable (seriously, the $#!& was with the scene of showing the Robo girl showering in the haunted hotel) but I thought it was an interesting show.

I remember when you first introduced me to Tokyo Ghoul, I made a connection between that Chimera Ants. Honestly, it's the premise that first got me hooked on the Chimera Ants, but, what really made the arc for me was one character, The King, Meruem. Despite being the antagonist, he's not a villain. When he was first born he believed that the world was his birthright, and that he was born to be king of the world. Then everything started to change when he met Komugi. He started having feelings he didn't understand. He grew. So much that when Netero fought him, he wanted to end it quickly because his heart was beginning to sway because of how human The King was becoming. After pretty much coming back from the dead, everything started to change for him. Then when Welfin caused him to remember Komugi, he forgot all about his ambition, even after finding out that he was going to die soon, all he wanted was to be with Komugi. It's amazing when you think about he was only fourty days old. If I had to pick my favorite part in the entire show, it would be when Meruem and Komugi are playing their last Gungi match. Meruem says a line that really gave me the feels. It was "I was born, for this moment," that line just made me cry a lot. I'm wierd like that I guess.

Also I just pretty much spoiled all of the Chimera Ant arc, woops.

It's okay, King. I still get teary-eyed whenever I think of a chapter of Space Brothers where one of the brothers tells someone "It's a piece of cake." 

Actually I just haven't had any interest watching anything Toonami has been showing for a while now. Look a few posts back to one of mine for a better answer.

Guess I'm not in an "I'll watch some anime" phase or something. But if they were running say Space Dandy or a repeat of Samurai Champloo, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.

Or Dimension W. Found some of the content they showed real questionable (seriously, the $#!& was with the scene of showing the Robo girl showering in the haunted hotel) but I thought it was an interesting show.

I can see where your coming from. I usually like to watch and get into a twenty episode series than a long shonen. Since I'm so slow when it comes to catching up with series, I like to invest in shorter ones. The only long series which I've read, watched, and continue to, having seen everything, without skipping over stuff, is One Piece and Hunter x Hunter. Everything else like say Bleach I skim through.

It's okay, King. I still get teary-eyed whenever I think of a chapter of Space Brothers where one of the brothers tells someone "It's a piece of cake."

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke or taken seriously. Good job.

No, so a character close to the brothers is diagnosed with ALS, and her dream is to have her designs for a lunar telescope on the moon be built so that she can see the star her late husband named after her. As a kid, one of the brothers, Mutta, promised to be the one that builds her precious telescope for her. She is an American astronomer, when he was young Mutta asked her for a phrase in English that describes someone who is "a worthless failure who's useless when it matters." She tells him "it's a piece of cake" is a phrase that applies, which obviously isn't true. Decades later, after she receives her diagnosis and as he's training to be an astronaut, she lets him know that when the time comes, she wants to tell him about the construction. She asks him if he's ready, he replies, "it's a piece of cake."

Edited by eal

Oh, $#!&, that's, that's pretty insane. Like really sad. I'm gonna go be depressed for a while and listen to the FFX OST while lying in my bed. If I'm not here, you know where I'll be.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

Her situation is sad, but his response was meant to make her feel better, because she's clearly afraid. By the time the telescope goes into production she might not even be able to speak or show emotion anymore. It was a very sweet moment.

It's a good show, and it's a long shonen series (technically seinen but it has shonen sensibilities) so something to consider checking out. There's lots of great little character moments like that.

Edited by eal

When you're trying to have people take anime seriously...and then you see this..