What anime are you watching?

I was watching on Toonami...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the best one is the one called Newman. His evil is so great the main character always says, "Hello, Newman," whenever he arrives.

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Dea

I didn't mind Vic at first. He has no real vocal range, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as he can act and as long as he's not voicing numerous characters in one thing.   But then a fr

Posted Images

Among other things, this season I'm watching Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia. It's one of those academy shows for high schools with magic, abilities, whatever. It even has the horribly intelligible title and keywords (Hybrid Heart Gear or Heart Hybride Gear or whatever). The music is bad, the dialogue is mostly clunky exposition, the CG and general animation is subpar at best, and the main character and all the cookie cutter women he's surrounded by are so boring they make me want to die and I probably would if it wasn't for the best part about the show:

Essentially, the main character has the ability to power up the various enormously large breasted women in practically non-existent costumes by making them climax without actually...well, having sex. The power even has the word "climax" in there somewhere. The very first frame of the show are two censored breasts as this guy starts going to town on this woman in what looks like a motel room. Lots of well-animated breasts, mouth saliva, and ass massages while she moans until she powers up enough to go out and defeat the enemies.

Then towards the end there's a very problematic scene (and I try to avoid that overused word) where his sister orders him to fondle an unconscious woman's breasts and spread her legs so he can help her build her strength back up. At one point his face falls between her legs and he seems to get stuck there for a second or two. When she finally wakes up, she looks like she's about to scold him for what he did until she realizes that she's recovered from her injuries and charges back into battle.

And when the ending credits play, it's most black silhouettes of every girl as funky music plays while a disco ball spins in a room that reminds me an awful lot like a strip club, minus the pole and stage. The censoring is pretty spectacular too. I can't really explain it, because it's the kind of thing you wouldn't imagine until you saw it in person. Needless to say, the animators were well aware that they would need to cover things up in scenes.

Needless to say, there's lots of high level boob jiggle, gigantic knockers, strange framing to showcase boobs at as may angles as possible, and a level of sexuality that would otherwise qualify a show as hentai if there was actually any sex involved. It makes for an interesting train wreck, to say the least.

I think I know why you watched this show eal...

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians
  • Upvote 1

A show I've recently watched was ReLIFE. Your typical high school romance slice of life anime except the main character is a 27 year old man who took a pill that made him 17 so he could go to high school because he doesn't have a steady job. It's not as weird as it sounds. Let me just say that the ending just, just imagine two blue materia from FFVII, I was like why can't you two just love each other! But anyway I really liked it and it had a pretty solid storyline with some emotional moments.

8.5/10

I don't know if it will stay so bad it's good because everything else around it is just bland, not a total clusterf**k like most things that are so bad it's good. If there isn't enough giant boobs getting massages or something I might not stick it out.

And Crunchyroll also publishes the Relife manga if you want to jump ahead.

Edited by eal

Way ahead of you, on the ReLIFE manga not boob massages, I don't want to get graphic but let's just say my balls were a dark shade of indigo after the end credits I had know what happened next.

I don't know if it will stay so bad it's good because everything else around it is just bland, not a total clusterf**k like most things that are so bad it's good. If there isn't enough giant boobs getting massages or something I might not stick it out.

And Crunchyroll also publishes the Relife manga if you want to jump ahead.

You might not stick it out, if it weren't for all the boobs? Eal there are a lot of things where I wouldn't "stick it out" if not for the boo.. I'm not gonna finish that sentence.

Didn't that end on toonami last Saturday. Crazy coincidence. I've actually thought about watching it would you recommend it?

I know you weren't asking me, but I can't recommend this series enough.  It's such a great mix of humor, action, and an awesome strangely fitting hip hop soundtrack.  It's also the same director that did Cowboy Bebop.  It's one of my favorite all time anime series. 

So proud. Got my friend into Attack on Titan. They're already 14 episodes in over the course of a night and afternoon.

As for me, I'm watching some unusual stuff this season. I don't go in for sports anime but I have a soft spot in my heart for soccer so I'm watching DAYS, along with Cheer Boys!!, Love Live! Sunshine!! for the lolz, Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia also for lolz, 91 Days, and maybe Thunderbolt Fantasy. I'm skipping over Orange because I've already read it and I'm not even touching Berserk because I've heard the CG is bad and I want to read the manga 100% clean.

• Upvote 1

First time seeing One Punch Man thanks to Toonami...

Fun episode, but damn a lot happened. Or didn't happen? It got a little weird with the dream thing.

So the beginning of One Punch Man...

My favorite part when he punched out the giant Issachar- I mean, uh, Bryce Papenbrook, and as he falls on part of the city, all One Punch Man can say is "Oops."

That and when the real king of the underground showed up. Looking forward to more of the show.

Finished up Gundam Victory.  It was all right but it got really bad towards the end, starting with the bikini assassins episode.  

I started Gundam Unicorn.  Where have you been all my life?  It's really amazing so far.  I love the Zabi connection as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiEOyzXr3zM

I am almost through with Season 5 of Inuyasha. Then I am going to watch the four movies(which my awesome wife got me on Blu-ray for my Birthday! ), before I start up the final season. 

• Upvote 1

Are you watching the ova or re0096?

Might as well watch the ova imho.

I like victory. I don't like the BESPA suits at all though. Uso is a good protagonist though. He's also Char's great Grandson. I love the art style, and the music is wonderful

I like victory. I don't like the BESPA suits at all though. Uso is a good protagonist though. He's also Char's great Grandson. I love the art style, and the music is wonderful

0096. Is there much of a difference?

Almost none. New op and ed themes and a handful of new redrawn frames that the only reason I noticed was because it was pointed out to me. No new story.

To me, the new editing kind of throws off the pacing. The OVAS were paced a certain way for impact in terms of ending points, and a few times in the show that has been disrupted.

So any recomendations on Anime to watch after I finish Inuyasha this weekend?

I have watched and liked:

Inuyasha

Fullmetal Alchemist

Gundam 00

G Gundam

Attack on Titan

Gurren Laggan

The wife has never seen Gurren Laggan, so I am tempted to make her watch that with me again.

Also, I love this song:

Maybe Kill La Kill? It wasn't great, but it was hype and ridiculous and the soundtrack is by Hiroyuki Sawano, who did the music for Attack On Titan.

Based on your picks, I agree you'll probably enjoy Sword Art Online. I also recommend Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop.