darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

It only took me a little over a year but k finally got around to finishing Your Lie in April. I thought it was a great show but a little melodramatic for a bunch of 14 to 15-year-old characters so I had a hard time watching it frequently enough and so just watched it in small chunks randomly. This week I just so happened to do the last three episodes. It's one of those "this is a great show, but I'm not necessarily the person who can appreciate the most" kind of show.

Finally caught up with the episodes of Akame Ga Kill, Parasyte, and Michiko and Hatchin I've neglected to watch until now.

M&H is finished now, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was a tense show to watch through sometimes, but it was a fun ride. Now I'll have to see if there's a way to go back and watch the first few episodes I missed. Maybe the show is on DVD?

Finally caught up with the episodes of Akame Ga Kill, Parasyte, and Michiko and Hatchin I've neglected to watch until now.

M&H is finished now, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was a tense show to watch through sometimes, but it was a fun ride. Now I'll have to see if there's a way to go back and watch the first few episodes I missed. Maybe the show is on DVD?

'Tis. It actually just became a part of Funimation's S.A.V.E. series of re-released shows at a discounted price. $20 on Right Stuf right now.

How are you liking Parasyte?

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

I've actually really liked Parasyte, though man, this show knows how to leave on a cliff hanger sometimes.

I'm finding myself at odds with whether to route for Shiniji now or not. Don't get me wrong, I still like his character and understand why he's emotionally changing, but what he did to that poor puppy at first...

Bottom line, I'm glad I checked out the premiere and look forward to the next episode....which is sadly in two weeks due to the DBZ marathon this Saturday... :/

I'm also curious about the new show taking over M&H's time slot. Sounds like ol' Steve Blume is voicing (what I assume is) the lead of the show, so that should be good.

Just finished episode 11 of One Punch Man. Looks like next week is the final episode for the season. I was hoping it was going to go on for a 26 episode season, but I guess not. the web comic is so far ahead, but I am not current. I hope they do another season. One Punch Man is amazing.

Don't bet on it. I think I read they weren't planning on it. Why must all the best over-the-top anime this year only get a single season?

I've actually really liked Parasyte, though man, this show knows how to leave on a cliff hanger sometimes.

I'm finding myself at odds with whether to route for Shiniji now or not. Don't get me wrong, I still like his character and understand why he's emotionally changing, but what he did to that poor puppy at first...

Bottom line, I'm glad I checked out the premiere and look forward to the next episode....which is sadly in two weeks due to the DBZ marathon this Saturday... :/

That's why I was glad I binged the whole thing in its last two weeks before the show finished its run. I did 7-9 episodes a day.

No spoilers, of course, but things only get darker from here. Fair warning, his love interest (I don't remember her name) is inconsistent, a little annoying, and contributes little.

And I don't have Toonami right now but from what I looked up I think the show you're thinking of is Samurai Champloo? It's hip-hop meets samurai and it's directed by the guy who did Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy so I think you'll like it just fine. I actually haven't watched it myself yet.

Edited by eal

It's definitely a bummer, because One Punch Man is the first anime I've really like in a LONG time.

It's one of those shows that everyone of all stripes totally loves.

;) I wonder how many people are gonna sit through Evangellion considering the year we're in is currently the setting of the series and all.

Not any younger fans since I think only the movies are readily available nowadays.

Don't bet on it. I think I read they weren't planning on it. Why must all the best over-the-top anime this year only get a single season?

That's why I was glad I binged the whole thing in its last two weeks before the show finished its run. I did 7-9 episodes a day.

No spoilers, of course, but things only get darker from here. Fair warning, his love interest (I don't remember her name) is inconsistent, a little annoying, and contributes little.

And I don't have Toonami right now but from what I looked up I think the show you're thinking of is Samurai Champloo? It's hip-hop meets samurai and it's directed by the guy who did Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy so I think you'll like it just fine. I actually haven't watched it myself yet.

Yeah, it looks like Samurai Champloo is the show. I missed the title of it but only because Toonami is doing this Intruder II mini-series that keeps screwing up the presentation before and after commercial breaks. It wasn't until I went back and paused the recording that I saw the show's title in the jumbled mess of words and text.

And if it's down by the same guy who did Bebop and Dandy, then that just raised my interest even more. Can't wait for January to roll around then.

;) It is actually, Shinichiro Wantanabe was responsible for Samurai Champloo, and it IS as good as Bebop and Space Dandy (Both awesome shows in their own right) Also I hear Wantanabe is working on a mystery thriller series at the moment.

Agreed that Champloo is awesome. The characters are really entertaining and they have great fight scenes. It also has amazing music like Bebop but with a hip hop theme.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I just remembered that Toonami is planning on doing a DBZ Kai marathon tonight of Goku vs Freeza episodes. Unfortunately that means no new Akame Ga Kill or Parasyte, but hey I'll take a little DBZ.

• Upvote 1

I just remembered that Toonami is planning on doing a DBZ Kai marathon tonight of Goku vs Freeza episodes. Unfortunately that means no new Akame Ga Kill or Parasyte, but hey I'll take a little DBZ.

An all night marathon of Goku v. Frieza? So just the first 1/3 of the fight then.

;) First third of it followed by more Seth MacFarlane dreck, such is the case of Modern Cartoon Network.

How is Fairy Tail? I keep seeing it in my Netflix feed for "recommended for you" and I keep seeing it more and more when I go to best buy and places like that...

I've heard it's kind of a dark show, but with it being the Internet and all I have no idea how true that is.

I can only speak for the manga since I've read a bit of it. It's a relatively sterile and blah shonen action series (a la Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) with the increasing power levels and tournament arcs that go along with it. The art is solid but it got really sleazy over time. There were always busty beauties but the page layout got more and more overt about showing them off at unusual angles in revealing clothing. I don't know how this aspect translated into the show though. It's also over 200 episodes and still climbing so you gotta buckle in for the long haul.

It really comes down to whether or not you're willing to watch that much knowing its presentation is a lot like Dragon Ball Z and Naruto. The trouble with those kinds of shows is that they're popcorn flick action stories but with a length that calls for more than what it's giving you.

From what I've heard of the dub though it sounds just fine to me.

If you wanted a shorter version of something similar, I'd go with Seven Deadly Sins. It's a Netflix exclusive with a second season on the way so you could catch up to it and have more to watch later if you wanted to. I've heard some strong things about it and I'm always a hair's breath away from starting the manga but I can't pull the trigger on it just yet.

Edited by eal

Finished the One Punch Man anime. I wish there was more. I hope they do more.

• Upvote 1

Better Man! It'd been a while since I just sat down and watched it all so I'm doing that again. ^_^ I plan to watch Kinnikuman after. I watched up Kinnikuman Nisei all of it recently but it's been a bit since I've seen the original so I need to rewatch that too.

After a bit of a distraction, I finally caught up with season 2 of Noragami. People should really be watching this show. The first season has a dub and everything.

Is it on Netflix by chance?

On another note, Akame and Parasyte are back this Saturday, along with Samurai premiering! Looking forward to seeing how each turns out as the first two ended on cliff hangers.

Yokai Watch

Naruto Shippuden

Rock Lee and his ninja pals

Dragonball Z

Is it on Netflix by chance?

On another note, Akame and Parasyte are back this Saturday, along with Samurai premiering! Looking forward to seeing how each turns out as the first two ended on cliff hangers.

The first season dubbed is. The second season has a dub but it won't be out on other streaming sites except there own until they release it physically. Edited by eal