darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

Parasyte is coming next Saturday. Y'all should watch it. It's gory and violent, but tasteful about it, tragic, the dub sounds fine from what I can tell, Migi (his hand) is pitch-perfect, and it holds the distinct honor of being one of the few shows to make me cry during an episode:

https://youtu.be/bgYIhIS8J5A

I feel if I watch that I may have nightmares...

Looks really good.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I feel if I watch that I may have nightmares...

There's actually not a ton of body horror. It's mostly just tragic circumstances and what it means to be human.

I started watching Log Horizon the other day.

Parasyte looks pretty interesting upon watching clips via YouTube. I thought for a second Michiko was being taken off since Para is at 1AM/12AM, but looks like it only took Swords time slot, so at least I didn't lose that show.

One of the new villains introduced on Akame kept going on about how killing his enemies was going to give him massive experience points, as well as saying a song his group uses to put people to sleep was like a debuff. Edward (that spoony bard!) would be so proud.

(This is a butchered version of what I was originally going to post. Damn mobile version glitches up and decided to get rid of everything I typed up)

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Fair warning: other than the female parasyte, all of the women are poorly done.

I found out that Fate Stay Night is on Netflix so I started watching that and put Himouto on hold until I'm finished with it.  I haven't watched an action anime in a while and I'm enjoying it so far.

• Upvote 1

Don't really know what to start next. I finished the first season of Log Horizon and it seems like the second season hasn't been dubbed yet, so I suppose I'll be waiting for that one.

Anybody have any recommendations?

I found out that Fate Stay Night is on Netflix so I started watching that and put Himouto on hold until I'm finished with it. I haven't watched an action anime in a while and I'm enjoying it so far.

I watched that 6 months ago. I really liked it. They also have a remake of the 1st season on Crunchy Roll. It's shown from a different character's perspective than the first time around.

Also saw the first episode of Parasyte on Toonami. A lot of potential so far.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

New Gundam started yesterday. Iron Blooded twins. I'm gonna a watch it after I get home

You know, a thought occurred to me a while ago, and after one of eal's recent posts in another topic, I feel compelled to ask:

Do you think we'll see an official dub of the Monster Musume (or however it's spelled) anime in the future? I've read part of the manga and was honestly surprised it got an anime recently.

Oh, and I watched the start of Parasyte recently. I look forward to seeing more of the show, namely the female parasite who was in the preview/trailer.

You know, a thought occurred to me a while ago, and after one of eal's recent posts in another topic, I feel compelled to ask:

Do you think we'll see an official dub of the Monster Musume (or however it's spelled) anime in the future? I've read part of the manga and was honestly surprised it got an anime recently.

Oh, and I watched the start of Parasyte recently. I look forward to seeing more of the show, namely the female parasite who was in the preview/trailer.

She's one of the more fleshed out characters on the show and she has an amazing scene down the line.

And Monster Musume could totally get a dub. Tons of ecchi shows get a dub. Depends on the company that got the rights to it and how popular they think it could be here. It's pretty 50/50 to me though. Anohana, Silver Spoon, One Week Friends, and even P4 Golden didn't get dubs. All quality shows.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to watch a quality slice-of-life show by the woman who did Fullmetal Alchemist, Silver Spoon is top-tier. It's on Netflix and Crunchyroll.

I have Netflix, and will check out Silver Spoon.

I'm just curious who they'd get to voice Miia in English...maybe Laura Bailey?

By the way, how is Kill la Kill? I saw Toonami is going to be adding that show into the lineup, and thought maybe I'd start watching it.

It's...okay. Really needed to force myself to watch it at points. They get you with the first three episodes, then drag out the plot, then rev things up in like the last 5 episodes. I heard the dub. Satsuki's is fantastic, as is Mako's, but the lead's voice is pretty dull. If you like sheer insanity you'll like it. Music is great too.

Yeah, they just added Kill La Kill back into the lineup this past weekend.  It's the 2nd run I think.  I watched it during it's 1st run and enjoyed watching it.  I pretty much agree with eal's assessment of the show.  The only part I disagree with is the lead's voice.  I thought it was very fitting for the character and well done.

Huh...looks like Kill la Kill is on Netflix. Guess I won't have to wait till Saturday to check it out.

Yeah, if it's popular, Netflix has it. Then they have a few misc. series like the SECOND P3 movie, just the first Beserk movie, Nana, K, Samurai Flamenco, a handful of boobs-and-battles shows, and the heavily censored version of Kite.

As for the voice for Ryuko, I thought she sounded fine for the part itself, but her line delivery was stiff, especially when her lines more often than not come before or after Satsuki's or Mako's. Dull was the wrong word. I was thinking how she sounded like a lot of the tough female lead characters.

Edited by eal

Yeah, if it's popular, Netflix has it. Then they have a few misc. series like the SECOND P3 movie, just the first Beserk movie, Nana, K, Samurai Flamenco, a handful of boobs-and-battles shows, and the heavily censored version of Kite.

As for the voice for Ryuko, I thought she sounded fine for the part itself, but her line delivery was stiff, especially when her lines more often than not come before or after Satsuki's or Mako's. Dull was the wrong word. I was thinking how she sounded like a lot of the tough female lead characters.

I've never had much luck with anime on Netflix. I keep trying to find a way to get the Ranma 1/2 series, but all the DVDs are expensive and hard to track to down and not all of them are available on Netflix. This is even more true for Maison Ikkoku.

Netflix is so behind on their anime catalog. A lot of people believe now that it's available in Japan, we'll see more of it here.

Netflix can be fun to find a random show that's good. Nana is a good example. As is K and Nura. Shows you don't expect to see.

I saw volumes of Monster Musume at a Barnes and Noble this past weekend so it's pretty likely we'll get a dubbed version.

I can't believe I live in a world where Monster Musume is freely sold at book stores but I gotta order Prison School online like a weirdo.

Monster Musume has been sitting on the New York Times bestseller list for graphic novels for a few weeks now.

Edited by eal

Wow...didn't figure so many guys (at least I assume guys are the ones buying this) would be into Monster girls/ladies.

They know where it's at.

Good for it, then.