Sign in to follow this  
darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

Saila MOOOOOOOOOOON!!! :P

But seriously, bleach, one piece, used to watch Gin Tama....

Just finished watching Aria the Origination and once I have the time, I'm going to start watching Angel Beats.

Saila MOOOOOOOOOOON!!! :P

But seriously, bleach, one piece, used to watch Gin Tama....

Hey, what's wrong with Sailor Moon? That show was awesome. Well... SuperS was kinda ehh, but even that got good towards the end when Nehelenia popped up.

Anyhow, don't watch much new anime these days. Sometimes watch Dragon Ball/Z, Ranma, Slayers, Lodoss, even watched the Ys anime recently.

Anime has kinda gone down a road of extreme perversion as of late (I realize it's always kind of been there, but the pandering has been stepping up to the point Miyazaki is even saying "WTF MAN")... no thanks.

Edited by Fates

I'm watching a whole bunch of anime, Naruto:Shippuden, Fullmetal Alcemist, Bleach, DBZ Kai, and Death Note.

Highschool of the Dead. Zombies and boobies everywhere! What's not to like? :P

Highschool of the Dead. Zombies and boobies everywhere! What's not to like? :P

I hope the boobies aren't on the zombies. O_o

;) I've been watching Naruto and Bleach for starters over the course of the summer, but I've also been watching the anime adaption to the last parts of Inuyasha, and finished up Weiß Kreuz and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. After I'm done with Inuyasha Kankatsusen, I might go retro meself and watch some Ranma 1/2 and some Slayers.

The only anime I've watched for the past 10 years is Naruto (up until when the manga stopped, so after the Naruto vs. Sasuke battle) and Naruto Shippuuden. Oh yeah, I also watched Lucky Star because one of my GFs loved it and asked me to watch it with her. I used to be into anime back in the 50MB RM days but since then it's just been bland and boring. I only watch Naruto because hey, I spent 10 years watching it already, why stop now? Might as well stick with it until the end (I even watched all the movies which are mediocre at best).

While dating a Japanese girl I gave Chobits a try and I enjoyed it but I never finished it. She was suppose to come back to Vancouver in one years time and never did so I moved to Korea, I guess it was never meant to be right?

Edited by 진건0701

What anime am i watching?? As many as possible. Ive been an avid anime fan for as long as i can remember. voltron and transformers. Then came akira, ninja scroll, bubblegum crisis. and blah blah it never ends. There are always cool new animes being released. I really hate subs. Only fan boys can like subs. Especially now that the voice acting is proffesional. why would anyone want to waste time reading when anime is based on a visual art. It makes no sense.

What anime am i watching?? As many as possible. Ive been an avid anime fan for as long as i can remember. voltron and transformers. Then came akira, ninja scroll, bubblegum crisis. and blah blah it never ends. There are always cool new animes being released. I really hate subs. Only fan boys can like subs. Especially now that the voice acting is proffesional. why would anyone want to waste time reading when anime is based on a visual art. It makes no sense.

Because dubs are not the original vision the director or whoever had. Movies, anime, music, I prefer to watch it in the language it was meant to be watched because this was what was invisioned. Especially given the fact how many great East Asian movies have been DESTROYED and MANGLED to rat $#!& by American directors who don't understand the original premise in the least bit: Ring, One Missed Call, Shutter, The Eye, Ju-on...I'm sure there are many more but I tend to erase them from my memory as they are an insult to the movie industry.

I really hate subs. Only fan boys can like subs.

Just because you have a preference doesn't make the rest of us fanboys. Actually. Your vehement close-mindedness on the subject calls your fanboy-ism into question. But not really - I don't mind you having a preference!

ANYWAYS- my impatience tends to send me to subs. A possibly butchered dub just isn't worth the wait. And then there's always the chance that the series simply won't be brought to the US.

And to answer the OP, I'm not currently watching any anime. After finishing FMA: Brotherhood I've been too busy with other things.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

*ahem* I love to watch subs. Especially if the dubbing company is complete and utter crap.

I first watched the 4kids dub butchery of One Piece and absolutely hated it. I just shoved it to the side for a while until one of my friends was watching the sub over at his house when i was there and after a bit i watched a bit and saw how epic it actually was.

Now, I'm also not saying that dubs suck or anything. . . I prefer to watch the dub of Cowboy Bebop because of how spectacular they casted the voices and such.

Anyways. . .

Right now i'm watching Full Metal Panic!

*ahem* I love to watch subs. Especially if the dubbing company is complete and utter crap.

I first watched the 4kids dub butchery of One Piece and absolutely hated it. I just shoved it to the side for a while until one of my friends was watching the sub over at his house when i was there and after a bit i watched a bit and saw how epic it actually was.

Now, I'm also not saying that dubs suck or anything. . . I prefer to watch the dub of Cowboy Bebop because of how spectacular they casted the voices and such.

Anyways. . .

The problem with dubs is there are differences in the way Japanese speak as supposed to English speakers. They have to make the words match the mouthes and many times it just sounds awkward as strange. The huge difference though is the females. English females cannot make their voices reach the pitch that Japanese females can, so animes like Card Captor Sakura make Sakura sound like a 15 year old valley girl rather than a 10 year old Japanese girl.

I'm not bias to anime though. If a movie is recorded in Spanish and it becomes popular, I'd rather watch it in Spanish than have dubs. If I was a fanboy I'd be saying "oh I watch Japanese Mickey Mouse cartoons because it's so much better!" well not really, that's my only beef with Kingdom Hearts...original Disney character voices or original Squareenix character voices. Just because my Japanese isn't fluent I lean towards the NA version. The voice acting in Final Fantasy IV DS for NA was horrible...

Just started watching one, I randomly picked it out of a list on the streaming site i use, it's called kateikyoushi-hitman-reborn

and it's reeeaaaallly weird. Funny as hell, but weird.

Anyways. . .

The problem with dubs is there are differences in the way Japanese speak as supposed to English speakers. They have to make the words match the mouthes and many times it just sounds awkward as strange. The huge difference though is the females. English females cannot make their voices reach the pitch that Japanese females can, so animes like Card Captor Sakura make Sakura sound like a 15 year old valley girl rather than a 10 year old Japanese girl.

I'm not bias to anime though. If a movie is recorded in Spanish and it becomes popular, I'd rather watch it in Spanish than have dubs. If I was a fanboy I'd be saying "oh I watch Japanese Mickey Mouse cartoons because it's so much better!" well not really, that's my only beef with Kingdom Hearts...original Disney character voices or original Squareenix character voices. Just because my Japanese isn't fluent I lean towards the NA version. The voice acting in Final Fantasy IV DS for NA was horrible...

It's not that bad.... I do however love to turn on subs while watching Dub... IT amuses me to see how the dialogue is changed. For a really bad example watch Orphen.

The huge difference though is the females. English females cannot make their voices reach the pitch that Japanese females can

And thank the good lord for that. Subs got tougher for me to watch because the screeching was beginning to hurt my ears. Got more annoying than an episode of House Hunters.

The huge difference though is the females. English females cannot make their voices reach the pitch that Japanese females can

And thank the good lord for that. Subs got tougher for me to watch because the screeching was beginning to hurt my ears. Got more annoying than an episode of House Hunters.

could be worse. You could be listening to a bunch of twilight fangirls.

Yeah, having a 10 year old girl sound like a 30 year old woman is much more convincing </sarcasm>

English females cannot make their voices reach the pitch that Japanese females can, so animes like Card Captor Sakura make Sakura sound like a 15 year old valley girl rather than a 10 year old Japanese girl.

The actress who played Sakura in the Nelvana dub was around eleven years old at the time of the recording.

Edited by Mireia

English females cannot make their voices reach the pitch that Japanese females can, so animes like Card Captor Sakura make Sakura sound like a 15 year old valley girl rather than a 10 year old Japanese girl.

The actress who played Sakura in the Nelvana dub was around eleven years old at the time of the recording.

which even further goes to prove my point that a Japanese girl in her 30s can do a more convincing 10 year old voice than an 11 year old. Because Sakura didn't sound anything like her age.

which even further goes to prove my point that a Japanese girl in her 30s can do a more convincing 10 year old voice than an 11 year old. Because Sakura didn't sound anything like her age.
really? sounded right to me. Not all preteens have squeeky voices. That''s actually one thing that sometimes annoys me about the Japanese VAs is the the squeeky voices.

Maybe it' an Asian thing because I work in Korea and a lot of girls in the elementary school I work at sound similiar to the animes, they don't sound older than their age.