darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

Watching My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU because apparently the new season is amazing and I have to watch the first one to get to it. It's fine. Standard slice-of-life. the overarching plot is interesting if a bit convenient. Most short shows don't have much of a supporting cast but this one puts theirs to good use. It's at least worth my time to watch it beginning to end.

I'm currently watching Cory In The House, Seinfeld and Saved By The Bell. These are some of my favorite anime too.

I'm currently watching Cory In The House, Seinfeld and Saved By The Bell. These are some of my favorite anime too.

Wow. That's the oldest joke I've ever heard.

Yugioh, since I am super unlucky I cannot find the subbed version so I have to listen to the 4Kid's version  :ws-slimedead:

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

I also enjoy That's So Raven. It's an old anime, but still good.

I also enjoy That's So Raven. It's an old anime, but still good.

Almost done with FMA:  Brotherhood.  Need to catch up with Kill La Kill and SAO on my DVR.  Really enjoying the improved voice acting on DBZ Kai.  This is the first time I've been able to watch DBZ in a dubbed form since Blue Ocean did it and not cringe.  I also appreciate them using the original music instead of using the horrible stuff they were using in past dubs.  It also helps they are actually bothering to follow the original source material for this dub instead of making up whatever they feel like for the dialogue.    

Inuyasha Final Act is almost done.  Not as good as a I thought it was going to be.  I also think I just don't like Inuyasha in general as much as I used to.  I think I'm going to keep my movie box set signed by Kirby Morrow and sell the rest of the seasons I own.   It just doesn't hold up as much as some others do.  I also don't like some of the decisions they've gone with lately. 

*spoilers*  Sango decides to try and sacrifice Rin to save Miroku because, "OMG I love my man! *squeals*" I don't think that goes in line with her character at all.  She's a demon hunter that was taught better than that.  If her brother's life was on the line I could at least maybe understand that.  The whole thing has a left a bad taste in my mouth.       

Just starting watching Akame Ga Kill on Adult Swim.  Pretty good after the first episode.  My wife liked it too.  I also tried Michiko and Hatchin.  It didn't really appeal to me. I was bored. 

I also saw DBZ Resurrection F.  That was pretty damn good.  I liked that a lot of the secondary characters got to show off for a bit against the minions.  I hate the movies where everyone gets beat up and then Goku basically saves everyone.  They also set up Dragon Ball Super a little bit too. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUN4B3nSKE

Just starting watching Akame Ga Kill on Adult Swim. Pretty good after the first episode. My wife liked it too. I also tried Michiko and Hatchin. It didn't really appeal to me. I was bored.

I also saw DBZ Resurrection F. That was pretty damn good. I liked that a lot of the secondary characters got to show off for a bit against the minions. I hate the movies where everyone gets beat up and then Goku basically saves everyone. They also set up Dragon Ball Super a little bit too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUN4B3nSKE

I still need to watch that first episode. Had to DVR it because I was tired after the crazy Saturday we had at work. Hopefully it'll grab my attention.l and I'll continue watching it.

I also picked up Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series on DVD last week when I was out. Saw an episode or 2 on Toonami before and liked it, so I went and bought it.

• Upvote 1

After watching the first two episodes of Akame Ga Kill, I'll defintely watch the rest of the show from here on out. I like the mix of humor and seriousness.

I'm planning on sitting down and watching at least some of Cowboy Bebop today. Looking forward to starting this show from the beginning!

I watched Chappie last night, the Neill Blomkamp movie.  The cop design was an obvious homage to Appleseed.  I really liked the movie.

It reminded me that Elysium (Blomkamp's second film) was a nod to Battle Angel, with the poor living on Earth and the upper class living suspended above Earth, with security measures to keep the poor out.  The hero is trying to make it past those security measures to a supposedly better life in the world above.

I still think District 9 is his best work, with Chappie coming in second.  Does anyone know if there are any District 9 connections to anime?

• Upvote 1

Watching the first two seasons of Working!! then watching the third season as it airs. Such a funny workplace comedy. Though it relies on everyone's individual quirks for the comedy more than trying something new, it all works well.

I've made it to the first two parter in Cowboy Bebop, and I've been enjoying the show immensely so far. I could take or leave Faye, but everything else has been great, especially the music. I'm surprised the show is only 26 episodes, but maybe this is typical? I guess Space Dandy was only 26 episodes as well...

Anyway, I look forward to watching the rest of the show and to see what other shenanigans Ed gets into.

• Upvote 1

Anime are generally 12 or 13 episodes (11 episodes on some occasions), which represent a whole season. The winter, spring, summer, and fall anime season. Sometimes, shows are two seasons long, such as Cowboy Bebop, and so they end up being 24, 25, or 26 episodes long but it's still considered one whole season instead of two. If a show airs one anime season, skips the next one, and airs again during another anime season, it's considered two separate seasons, usually given a different title as well (i.e. Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul Root A). On rare occasions you'll get 50 episode shows such as Eureka Seven.

Also, if you're looking forward to Ed shenanigans, whoo boy Mushroom Samba is going to be your episode. Incidentally, that was the first episode of Cowboy Bebop I'd watched.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1

I see, thanks for the info then. Perhaps I'll watch the rest of the show in moderation then so I don't finish it off all at once.

Watching this does make me want to go out and buy Space Dandy...I miss that show.

I also love the Cowboy Bebop movie. It's basically a really long episode set in the middle of the storyline. Saw it in the theater too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by Pendy

I'll be starting Karneval soon. It came highly recommended to me.

I heard its animation is laughably bad.

I am. Also it was just the one episode that was animated horribly.

Just like dbz, it varies at times. Some episodes have been bad, others look good.

Yeah DBZ was never really perfect anyway when it came to animation. Anyone familiar with the series remembers the dreaded repeat animation some of the fight sequences would have. I noticed this is gone from Kai so far.

Been watching Michiko & Hatchin. I wasn't able to start it from the beginning, but I've enjoyed what I've watched of the show. What's hilarious is one of the side characters, a reporter, is voiced by the guy who voiced Space Dandy. All I could think of when he spoke was...well, Space Dandy.

I watched Toonami for the first time in months. Watching a relative's home for the weekend while they're on vacation. Upset that they scaled back the block until like 3:00 or 3:30 or something. They never did much with it but I'll miss the repeats of Cowboy Bebop, GitS, and Fooly Cooly. Watched a bit of Akame ga Kill too. Wow, it just screams "so edgy, much gore" to me. As if it was going for style over substance but while failing in the "style" department. It's my understanding that when it's over they're replacing it with Parasyte - the maxim-, a show I highly recommend y'all watch when it airs.