Sign in to follow this  
darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

Just started catching up on Inuyasha Final Act.  It's been years since I've watched any Inuyasha so I'm little confused on what's going on but that's ok!  I'll figure it out. 

Edited by Pendy

Dude, I was working a night shift with my manager a couple months back and I don't know why I did but I mentioned Inuyasha and the dude just went off on how much he loved the show and how he used to watch it all the time and went on about the characters whose names I don't even know. It was so weird because he was the last guy I expected to have ever watched anime.

• Upvote 1

I just started Sword Art Online on Crunchyroll. Seems pretty good so far.

Then you're in for a surprise in about....12 episodes.

On Netflix I started watching Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note.  I'm about 25 eps in for both.  I really like FMA so it will be interesting to move on to Brotherhood since everyone says that version is so much better.  I also started watching Sword Art Online season 2 through Toonami.  Apparently there are no plans to do anymore Deadman Wonderland so I started reading the manga (my first).  I want to see how it all ends. 

Haha I tried posting that at one point but posting video is always a "female dog" and a half. I took a look at Sword Art Online II on Toonami last night actually, because I didn't know until last week that they had dubbed it. They certainly had a remarkable turnaround.

I enjoyed Brotherhood, but it was my first exposure to FMA. It's my understanding that people who read the manga and the original show would love it, but people who were only exposed to the original or were exposed to it before the manga, liked the original anime better.

And I did the same with Deadman Wonderland. I liked the anime and seeked out the manga. I read it to the end and it wasn't a disappointing read at all but they cut out bits from the manga to tighten up the show so you gotta read from the beginning. Some relevant character don't appear in the anime at all. They've been releasing the manga bi-monthly so I've been buying them to support them since I did read it illegally online. I always felt that, had they not done setup for future seasons, the anime would have worked wonderfully with just the first arc since it did a good job at communicating the theme of never giving up hope, even under the worst circumstances.

Yeah, I started reading from the beginning.  It'd be silly to try and start where the anime left off.  Every adaptation is going to have differences large or small. 

Getting ready to start Neon Genesis Evangelion. Will probably start tomorrow

Getting ready to start Neon Genesis Evangelion. Will probably start tomorrow

Only watching Fairy Tail really. It's a lot of fun.

I've been busy so I haven't really had the opportunity to watch many, but this season I'm watching Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign (basically trying to be the next Attack on Titan), Plastic Memories, The Heroic Legend of Arslan (same artist who did Fullmetal Alchemist!), My Love Story!! (reading the manga too, it's almost too adorable to handle), Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (also reading the manga and it's really good. I don't know how they'll adapt the first 90 chapter arc into 12 episodes though), and maybe Sound! Euphonium because it's supposedly the anime of the season. Also, I'd love to watch Digimon Adentures tri when it comes out.

Watching seasonally is fun. You can watch a bunch of shows at once one episode at a time over the course of weeks. I like binging anime since the 12-26 episode structure works well for that kind of thing but lately my schedule has been packed tight and one or two episodes a day is all I can handle in my life at the moment. I like quiet when I watch anime and I'm never alone anymore.

I found the "first" season of Space Dandy of Wal-Mart during the weekend and I was stoked to find it.  It's only the first 13 episodes of season one (they split it into 2 seasons for some reason), but they're still as good as I remember when watching them for the first time.

Ha! I remember seeing that in Walmart too! $24 isn't too bad. Seems like Walmart's been selling more and more anime lately. I've seen that, Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon, Vampire Knight, and Dragon Ball GT (which I bought even though I know it's bad, but it was $24 for 64 episodes and a movie and I haven't seen every arc). Surprised no Attack on Titan.

Oddly enough, it said Space Dandy was made by the same people who did Cowboy Bebop.  I don't know if this meant English dub wise or if it ment the animation studio itself, but either way I thought that was a cool little fact.  From Bebop to Dandy...I hope the next project they work on has "Groovy" in the title.

It was directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, the director of Bebop. They also make occasional references to the Cowboy Bebop universe like referring to the currency as woolongs.

AoT might be too violent for Walmart.  They have self imposed limits.  They don't sell the series at the Walmart I've been to here either.  Another Watanabe series is Samurai Champloo.  It's amazing. 

That seems rather silly of Walmart. For one thing, I actually saw an Attack on Titan poster for sale among their new posters. Another thing, they sell tons of violent TV shows, albeit non-animated. Game of Thrones DVDs are heavily advertised, they sell Banshee on occasion, and they appear to have some sort of deal with Duck Dynasty. I mean, come on!  Violent video games are all they sell, since they only sell games they think are popular and will sell.

Also, everything Watanabe does. Champloo, Kids on the Slope, and I've been looking forward to watching Terror in Resonance too.

Don't you know?  Cartoons are for kids and can't be violent or involve mature situations.  Some parent might accidentally pick it up for their 5 year old! 

Cartoons for children are placed separately from adult TV shows. Adventure Time does not sit next to Attack on Titan alphabetically. Even the Pokémon movies are clustered in that same area. I guess Walmart has a problem with violent cartoons that aren't called Cowboy Bebop but not a show where the main character visits a bar called Boobies?

You've hit the nail on the head sir.  Welcome to Walmart logic! 

Been watching Hellsing Ultimate Abridged on YouTube. There's only 5 episodes, but it is hilarious!

Is it by the same people who do DBZ Abridged? 

Is it by the same people who do DBZ Abridged?

It isn't. Unless they have multiple channels, I would say that they are two different groups.

Well it's on TFS's official website, so I'd say that they are part of it in some way.

http://teamfourstar.com/series/hellsing-ultimate-abridged/

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Right now rewatching zeta gundam. What a classic