darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

There are a few anime channels but they're ones you have to order. And I wouldn't completely write off Adult Swim's original programming. Venture Bros. is amazing.

I'll give you Venture Bros., but only because the writing is fantastic through season 4.  Since then it's just...a jumbled mess.  That and it's need to not actually tack in Johnny Quest, but in a way that is...well, 100% counter to the type of person Johnny is.  I found nothing about that funny, since the whole show's concept was a spoof on JQ, as Rusty Venture is the anti-Johnny and the direct appearance of JQ, and in the way it was presented wasn't necessary, and turned me off the show.  That would be the only exception I will give, and no, don't ask for Frisky Dingo props from me.  It won't be granted.  Too random and pointless.  I prefer the creator's other venture, Archer.  Not big into his newest concept, but the writing is decent.  It's just creepy and strange.

Finished watching Space Dandy (AMAZING! and I loved the little nod to Cowboy Bebop). Currently watching Sword Art Online II, and Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. In the English dub department, I'm watching the dub of Gurren Lagann and Hellsing Ultimate.

Started watching Fate/Zero on NetFlix.  They don't mess around in that anime.  I think I like it better than the original Fate Stay Night.  I also like how they brought out the big guns of voice acting for the dub. 

There's a better studio working on Fate/Zero and I gotta say, UFOtable is pretty boss! The original Fate/Stay Night was decent but it PALES in comparison to Fate/Zero.

btw, UFOtable rebooted Fate/Stay Night (doing the UBW arc) with plans on turning the Heaven's Feel arc into a movie...

Gurren lagann !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is awsome nothing on tv thes days can bet it

As much as I LOVE Gurren Lagann, that's debatable...

for those watching Space Dandy, that show was a LOT of fun...it had a bit of everything, even some eps that hit you right in the feels.

I also loved Shinichro Watanabe's nod to an old classic:

tumblr_n1hg03UGcK1sceau8o2_500.gif

tumblr_n1hg03UGcK1sceau8o6_500.gif

what i mean with awsome is that it has a great story and really good quotes and kids shows that are on tv doesn't nerly has enouth of both of those ther are another animes that i like more but gurren lagann is on my top 10 especially the ova of the later parts of it

Ironically enough, all this talk of Bleach made me think back to all the good story arcs, and without going through my thought process and which ones I hated and liked and why, I remembered Nell, my favorite Bleach character and how badass her fight scene was. Best part of the series personally. So I stopped at Barnes and Noble (among other places today, which you can read about in their appropriate topic) and bought just the volumes of the manga where she battles the Rank 5 Espada.

I have tomsay, I hate how Kubo completely abandoned her only to return to her years later and STILL abandon her AGAIN in his latest arc.

I recently finished Fate Zero on Netflix.  I was pleased to see that Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works is being offered through Crunchyroll.  Right now you can watch up to episode 4.  3 if you are watching for free, which I am.

I've enjoyed a LOT of original programming from Adult Swim.  Space Ghost, Robot Chicken, The Venture Brothers, 12 oz Mouse, Birdman, Sealab 2021, etc.  Most recently I really enjoyed the first season of Rick and Morty and started watching Mike Tyson's Mysteries.  Hilarious.  I just can't stand the live action shows they push out.  Every single one of them has been horrifyingly awful.  I just don't find them funny at all.         

Rick and Morty! That was the other series I was thinking of! Love that show. I watched Mike Tyson Mysteries and was soundly disappointed.....

Harvey Birdman was okay if you liked its kind of humor but I just couldn't get into Space Ghost or Sealab 2021.

Maybe I'll give Rick and Morty a shot, since I find myself agreeing with Eal on most topics concerning entertainment.

Also Robot Chicken is good, but it did not start with Cartoon Network.  The show did start on CN under the brand name, "Robot Chicken", but it was initially aired as an internet show under a different name I can't recall.  So I don't consider it a CN "original", as they weren't responsible for the creation of it.

Rick and Morty...now there's a good show. Can't wait for Season 2.  WUBBA-LUBBA-DUB-DUB!

Rick and Morty...now there's a good show. Can't wait for Season 2.  WUBBA-LUBBA-DUB-DUB!

OMG.  What...what did you do to yourself man?  You're a Pokemon...

I mean, I know technically people ARE pokemon (afterall, some pokemon actually were people once, some people were pokemon once, and thus, humans are just highly evolved pokemon with complex brains and opposable thumbs), but...a Yangusmon?  What do you spit out, Axe's of Evil?  Charged up Theft (of FAILURE!)?  Or is your core move, the mighty Underpants dance (you know, that would be pretty cool to see in Pokemon)?

Wow. Way to be behind on the uptake. He's had that avatar for a couple days now. Even posted a status about it. Some people just can't commit to a single look.

Also Robot Chicken is good, but it did not start with Cartoon Network.  The show did start on CN under the brand name, "Robot Chicken", but it was initially aired as an internet show under a different name I can't recall.  So I don't consider it a CN "original", as they weren't responsible for the creation of it.

You can get into the technicalities of it's origins all you want, but it's home is now Adult Swim so it is a show that is made for Adult Swim.  It's not like Family Guy where they are just airing repeats.  Hell, they have even had Adult Swim executives star as themselves in the show multiple times.  It really can't get any more Adult Swim than that. 

OMG.  What...what did you do to yourself man?  You're a Pokemon...

I mean, I know technically people ARE pokemon (afterall, some pokemon actually were people once, some people were pokemon once, and thus, humans are just highly evolved pokemon with complex brains and opposable thumbs), but...a Yangusmon?  What do you spit out, Axe's of Evil?  Charged up Theft (of FAILURE!)?  Or is your core move, the mighty Underpants dance (you know, that would be pretty cool to see in Pokemon)?

My moveset consists of Underpants Dance, Big Banga, Boulder Toss, and COR BLIMEY!

Don't worry, you're friendly neighbor'ood Yangus will be back after the 21st. I've changed my profile pic since Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire is just around the corner.  And just to be clear, I wasn't the one who made this picture. I came across it one time when I Googled Yangus.

After I watch The Devil is a Part Timer! I think will finish Gurren Laggan. I watched 20 episodes of it and I lost my interest in it. I don't like leaving things half-done.

Not much into watching anime seasonally but I've started watching I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying. Episodes are about 3 minutes long and they fire jokes at you that can be as short as 20 seconds before transitioning to another scenario. It's funny because it's about a normal woman who's married to an otaku and she can't understand his interests and hobbies.

I'm also watching Your Lie in April, a story about a former piano prodigy who no longer plays do to a tragedy that traumatized him. I've only watched the first episode so I can't say for certain whether I like it or not, but it seems harmless enough.

I'm also watching Your Lie in April, a story about a former piano prodigy who no longer plays do to a tragedy that traumatized him.

Pianos killed his family. That's what did it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

You're actually not too far off.

Edited by eal

You're actually not too far off.

It was that shifty eyed harpsichord, wasn't it? I knew he couldn't be trusted...

Finished watching Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions. Really good slice-of-life anime but I'm probably not gonna watch the second season because from what I've read, it sounds like mostly filler and a forces addition to the cast and the first season had such a sweet, definitive ending that I don't wanna ruin.

eal casts Zing!

I got a Funimation account and I've been watching a few anime. Notably, I watched The Devil is a Part-Timer, and as a former fast-food employee, this speaks to me on a primal level. Some of those scenes are relatable but I get more joy out of watching Sadao be so pumped up about his work in a way no fast-food employee could ever truly be.

Got my wife hooked on Attack on Titan so watched that for the 3rd time.  I also recorded Summer Wars on Toonami so I watched that with her too.  She thought it was weird but pretty good. 

Michael Sinterniklaas is in everything now.

Been watching a lot of anime through Toonami recently.  I've been enjoying Deadman Wonderland for the last couple of months and they just started airing Kill la Kill.  I have all the Inuyasha Final Act eps DVR'd but haven't watched them because I missed the first one.  Going to fix that today.  I was also glad to see the second season of Sword Art Online will be coming to Toonami in late March. 

Been watching GaoGaiGar and Heartcatch Precure since I resumed watching them last month.

Wasn't watching much so I decided to make this the first year I watch anime seasonally, so Winter 2015 is my first anime season. Been watching Tokyo Ghoul Root A, Death Parade, Assassination Classroom, Saekana: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend, and Durarara!!x2.