darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

I've been watching Persona 4 the Golden Animation.

Aside from the addition of Marie, how does it differ from the original anime?

It mostly focuses on Marie though the most recent episode and upcoming episodes focus on Tohru Adachi it seems to be a NG+ on speed. The only battle shown so far was the first episode.

I've been watching Persona 4 the Golden Animation.

Aside from the addition of Marie, how does it differ from the original anime?

It mostly focuses on Marie though the most recent episode and upcoming episodes focus on Tohru Adachi it seems to be a NG+ on speed. The only battle shown so far was the first episode.

So it mainly focuses on the social link aspect of the game?

I hear there's also a bit of an uproar because fans think they're making Marie the canon love interest for Yu.

Tried watching Fafner:  Heaven and Earth through a rental but damn disc was skipping all over the place.  Was happy to see that it's also on Hulu. 

Sampled a few episodes of the new season of Sword Art Online and the way they made Kirito even more godlike by making him capable of DEFLECTING A VOLLEY OF BULLETS WITH A SWORD is absolutely ridiculous.

Still trucking through Naruto and rewatching No Game No Life. Caught up in Hunter X Hunter as well.

Also thinking about picking up where I left out in Yu Yu Hakusho, I really need to finish it.

Started watching Fate/Zero on NetFlix.  They don't mess around in that anime.  I think I like it better than the original Fate Stay Night.  I also like how they brought out the big guns of voice acting for the dub. 

Now that I've finished Persona 4 Golden, it only makes sense that I'd start watching the anime. The animation is... really bad.

Now that I've finished Persona 4 Golden, it only makes sense that I'd start watching the anime. The animation is... really bad.

I think they want you to watch it concurrently with the persona 4 animation though why they are not dubbing golden I have no idea. So far there has only been one funny episode Not So Holy Christmas Eve.

I meant the original. I'll probably watch the Golden anime later. I probably won't at all though because it seems to be about filling in the holes by inserting Marie into the story. I've seen clips of the original anime and it looks really funny actually.

I've decided to take the One Piece challenge and try to watch every single episode from first to last from start to finish. 1 episode down 650+ more to go.......

Last week Reconguista in G started. First gundam show by the original creator since Turn A. Then next week Gundam Build Fighters Try starts

Finished watching Space Dandy (AMAZING! and I loved the little nod to Cowboy Bebop). Currently watching Sword Art Online II, and Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. In the English dub department, I'm watching the dub of Gurren Lagann and Hellsing Ultimate.

Started watching Fate/Zero on NetFlix.  They don't mess around in that anime.  I think I like it better than the original Fate Stay Night.  I also like how they brought out the big guns of voice acting for the dub. 

There's a better studio working on Fate/Zero and I gotta say, UFOtable is pretty boss! The original Fate/Stay Night was decent but it PALES in comparison to Fate/Zero.

btw, UFOtable rebooted Fate/Stay Night (doing the UBW arc) with plans on turning the Heaven's Feel arc into a movie...

Edited by Duran

I agree. Space Dandy was superb. The characters were a little outlandish but most episodes were clever and funny, as well as smart and existential sometimes. I loved how they mixed up the animation style on occasion depending on the planet they visited. On the other hand, I liked Dandy and his crew, but I felt like they didn't fit with the rest of the show, considering how silly they were and how interesting the other elements of Space Dandy were.

Finished watching Space Dandy (AMAZING! and I loved the little nod to Cowboy Bebop). Currently watching Sword Art Online II, and Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. In the English dub department, I'm watching the dub of Gurren Lagann and Hellsing Ultimate.

There's a better studio working on Fate/Zero and I gotta say, UFOtable is pretty boss! The original Fate/Stay Night was decent but it PALES in comparison to Fate/Zero.

btw, UFOtable rebooted Fate/Stay Night (doing the UBW arc) with plans on turning the Heaven's Feel arc into a movie...

Gurren lagann !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is awsome nothing on tv thes days can bet it

I was watching Space Dandy, but now that the season is over (and possibly the show if it doesn't get a second season) I've got nothing. Not a huge anime fan, but there have been the occasional ones that have caught my eye.  I've thought about watching Attack on Titan, but damn is the main protagonist a whiny little b(BLIMEY) in the episodes I've watched.  It's cool that he's voiced by the same actor who voiced Issachar in Shin Megami Tensei IV, though.

I hate the lead character in Attack On Titan. He takes things to a ridiculous extreme. Thankfully, the show revolves more heavily on the other cast members then Eren. At least watch the first five episodes. Do it for Potato Girl.

• Upvote 1

I hate the lead character in Attack On Titan. He takes things to a ridiculous extreme. Thankfully, the show revolves more heavily on the other cast members then Eren. At least watch the first five episodes. Do it for Potato Girl.

I'd watch an anime called Potato Girl. Sounds like it'd be interesting.

• Upvote 1

Gurren lagann !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is awsome nothing on tv thes days can bet it

As much as I LOVE Gurren Lagann, that's debatable...

for those watching Space Dandy, that show was a LOT of fun...it had a bit of everything, even some eps that hit you right in the feels.

I also loved Shinichro Watanabe's nod to an old classic:

tumblr_n1hg03UGcK1sceau8o2_500.gif

tumblr_n1hg03UGcK1sceau8o6_500.gif

• Upvote 1

I watched a couple of episodes of The Devil is a Part Timer on Netflix. It seems amusing and I was surprised they put a Harry Potter spoof in the first episode. I'm

going to watch some more tomorrow.

It's worth mentioning that Bleach ended on Toonami last night. It's sad if only because that chapter in anime history is over. I mean, how long had it been airing? 2006. It began airing on Toonami and lasted throughout Toonami's cancellation and then still continued on through it's revival.

It's worth mentioning that Bleach ended on Toonami last night. It's sad if only because that chapter in anime history is over. I mean, how long had it been airing? 2006. It began airing on Toonami and lasted throughout Toonami's cancellation and then still continued on through it's revival.

I wish I could've watched it, man.  Thanks to Dish Network's contract with Turner Broadcasting expiring, I no longer get Cartoon Network/Adult Swim on TV until they renew it or get a new one (not sure how something like that works).

I'm sad I can't watch Adult Swim on TV (for the time being, anyway).

Bleach crapped the bed a long time ago. This arc was lame, and if you've read the manga, you'd know this arc meant absolutely nothing at all. They just pasted an ending to the credits. That being said, it's weird to think a small sliver of my life is over. Not that I devoted any large amount of time to the series, but I have a lot of fond memories of the anime, even if the anime itself wasn't that great.

I'm the same way. I never read the manga or paid a huge amount of attention to the show, but when I watched it it was funny, action packed and redonkulous. But if I didn't miss much then that's alright I suppose.

Have they announced what show will end up taking it's place?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Oh yes they did. Dragon Ball Z Kai! The prodigal son returns!

Oh, just watch, I'm sure they'll renew Bleach in Japan the second the final real story arc is finished.  The actual core arcs have been rather popular, despite that Bleach loves to crap on itself, and Kubo can't keep anything straight and consistent to save his life.  Funimation will finish that up, and I'm sure it will be picked up again by Toonami.

Ugh, adult swim.  I've despised it since its inception.  Every. Single. Original. Program.  I'd rather spend my time watching 16 and Pregnant, after drilling a hole in my head, and smoking something that might cause my body to devour itself.  For that matter, since the end of the Cartoon Cartoons, I find myself having a hard time justifying any desire to watch any of Cartoon Network's original programming.  There are a few exceptions from time to time.  Like their support of the Thundercats reboot.  I'm glad they kept Toonami, but not like there was much choice.  Sci-Fi threw out their attempt to capture anime fans, and the proposed anime channel is...well, what the heck happened to that?  Maybe it disappeared with the advent of Netflix and Hulu?

Anyway, I recently watched the two seasons of Freezing.  Freezing and Freezing Vibration.  Surprisingly good anime.  Great character development for everyone but the core two members, though it's only in season 2, and frankly very little has happened.  I hope they continue converting the manga to the anime.  It's very faithful so far, and one thing I have to appreciate about it, there's no bones about it.  Like Rin, it's not afraid to show a little *see:LOT* of blood.