darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

As great as Unicorn is, I wouldn't recommend it as a start point.  A lot of it's set up relies on information from other Universal Century shows.

A few days ago, I just saw two DVDs of Lucky Star (the 6-disc complete series set and the OVA) at a Half Price Books store, but I decided against it, as they're both $88 dollars combined plus tax.

Anyway, yar-har'd Kill la Kill, when I could've just watched it on Crunchyroll (but screw that, I'm saving it for Black Bullet), and also Lucky Star. I plan to watch L-Gaim tomorrow, and forming my own schedule. I could share, but then I'd hold back and go off-schedule for no reason at all.

Still trying to find that damn third DVD collection of Tekkaman Blade. I like my anime complete before I watch them, y'know? :P

Just started watching both Lucky Star and L-Gaim.

Lucky Star's first episode was a stinker, and L-Gaim's first episode was okay. Hope they both get better.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

I heard recently of an anime called knights of sidonia. Sounds like it could be cool

With a name like Knights of Sidonia, it has to be good.  :baa:

I bet those knights would love to "sit on ya."

Watching Moonphase mostly out of nostalgia from watching it on AZN when it used to be on.

I heard recently of an anime called knights of sidonia. Sounds like it could be cool

Started watching Knights of Sidonia myself.  It's supposed to be a Netflix exclusive.  Good story after the first 4 episodes.  You can watch it dubbed or subbed.  Johnny Young Bosch does the voice of the main protagonist. 

Johnny Young Bosch is in everything now. I mean, Brock in Pokémon Origins? Seriously?

I am watching the new anime: "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon: Crystal" Act One: "Usagi, Sailor Moon".

Johnny Young Bosch is in everything now. I mean, Brock in Pokémon Origins? Seriously?

http://youtu.be/KAnU9CEuEYw?t=59s

Yes, seriously.  :)

Edited by Pendy

Been watching GaoGaiGar and Lucky Star, both subbed (and dubbed later on, in Lucky Star's case).

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Watched the first episodes of Sword Art Online II and Sailor Moon. Also finishing up Ergo Proxy for the third time and just finished Toradora! for the second time.

Usually don't go for the cutesy stuff but I really like Lucky Star.  It's really amusing.  It probably helps that I associate myself with the blue haired girl in the group who's good at running, likes anime, video games (specifically RPG's and fighting games), and is a smart ass.  Hell, she even throws in a DQ reference:

Edited by Pendy

That's like the only Lucky Star scene I've ever seen. And thanks to the Den, I've seen it dozens of times. (I don't usually watch anime unless it's got the words "Detective" and "Conan" in it.)

That's unfortunate. There's tons of great anime out there. It's not just kawaii anime girls with high-pitched voices and unusual hairstyles.

• Upvote 1

They air detective Conan on one of the local networks here. Its on obe of our asian language networks. Saw it randomly one morning. It seemed cute.

I only watch mecha anime. Occassionally I watch other stuff too though

;) I've been watching Space Dandy's new season and enjoying it immensely, I'm also thinking about going somewhat old school and rewatching Sailor Moon in honor of both a new dubbing and the new Sailor Moon Crystal being released.

Watched DBZ Battle of the Gods in theaters on Wednesday.  Didn't know what to expect as some of the DBZ movies can be kind of lame.  I was impressed.  It was very funny and a really good movie.  The main villain was fantastic.  That's what really made the movie for me.  I think this ranks in the top 5 for me for DBZ movies.  I think I would rank them as:

1. Deadzone

2. Fusion Reborn

3. The World's Strongest

4. Battle of the Gods

5. The Return of Cooler. 

They had a cool end credit sequence where they flipped through pages of the manga from the very beginning of Dragon Ball to the end of Z.  It's fun going to an event like that.  Everyone was cheering and clapping at the end of the movie. 

I believe this particular DBZ movie had Akira Toriyama heavily involved in the process and it's considered the only movie that's completely canon with the manga.

Cool.  I read he will be heavily involved with the next one too. 

My brother showed me some Shin Chan. I only watched the first 4 episodes before I felt too stupid to watch anymore. But I will certainly continue to watch more when I get the chance.

• Upvote 1

Shin Chan is the kind of show that tries as hard as possible to be too stupid to watch.

I've been watching Persona 4 the Golden Animation.

I've been watching Persona 4 the Golden Animation.

Aside from the addition of Marie, how does it differ from the original anime?