What anime are you watching?

;) True, there are a few Funimation dubs I do like, Crayon Shin Chan is one and lets face it they HAD to rewrite the script for that as the jokes from that series are really old and would fly over damn near any American viewer's head. The Full Metal Alchemist dub was pretty good as well and I'm also quite fond of the English Dub of Space Dandy. Yu Yu Hakusho's Dub wasn't bad either as I said before when it comes to goofy but good hearted characters like Alex Louis Armstrong and Kuwabara, Chris Saibot does and excellent job. Funimation CAN do good dubs when they have the right series to work with and the right voice actors.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the best one is the one called Newman. His evil is so great the main character always says, "Hello, Newman," whenever he arrives.

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Dea

I didn't mind Vic at first. He has no real vocal range, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as he can act and as long as he's not voicing numerous characters in one thing.   But then a fr

Posted Images

i am curently watching is(infinate stratos)

Edited by solo

recently started watching Inuyasha the final act and find myself hating it due to some voice actors having been changed.

I haven't watched it yet but Inuyasha was replaced because that actor that played him kinda died...can't speak for anyone else though. 

So, how does one "kinda die"? ;-)

Interestingly enough, it's a lot like an anime. You die but your soul persists on this plane of existence. It's a lot like YuYu Hakusho.

;) Or in Bleach but unlike Yu Yu Hakusho if you linger around too long your soul becomes twisted and evil and all that stuff.

...or he's a zombie.   He's essentially dead but his body is still limping along and craving BRAINS.  I can neither confirm nor deny any of the three options presented to you. 

Just bought and started watching Ultimate Hellsing volumes V,VII,VIII.  It was what...2 or 3 years in-between vol IV and vol V?  Glad everything was figured out between switching studios and all of that mess.  I'm glad that despite the time that passed, and the fact it's now Funimation and not the now extinct Geneon, it's still the same voice directer and dub cast.  Can't imagine anyone doing Alucard at this point other then Crispin Freeman.  This series is ridiculous and over the top gory, but I love it.     

Edited by Pendy

After finishing Gainer, I am strongly considering re-watching the first gundam series, in celebration of the 35th anniversary.  I'm worried that if I do that, I'll end up rewatching every Universal Century show though

;) The Hellsing Dub is probably one of if not THE Best Anime Dub to come out here in the States, with Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Samurai Champloo.

• Upvote 1

Debating going back to the local music store to get that used volume 1 DVD of Paranoia Agent. But at the same time, I don't like getting single DVDs with a few episodes. I prefer box sets. It's more content and takes up less space on my movie shelf.

Edited by MsMaggot

;) It's also slightly cheaper too to buy full box sets if I recall prices right.

now i am watching medaka box it is funny as heack

That manga is the perfect example of a manga completely shifting genres. You think Dragon Ball took a sharp left turn? Medaka Box goes from a slice of life type high school manga to a out-and-out action manga. Totally out of nowhere too!

maybe that but it is still one of the most hilarious anime i ever seen

the reason why i see another anime is because i watch anime while i play dragon quest just like i did whit another that anime is creepy as hell

Watching Attack on Titan all over again on Toonami.  :)

;) I've been hearing mixed opinions on the Dub to that, also, I wonder how much violence Standards and Practices made them censor out (probably not all that much since it's on Adult Swim and it has an MA rating) I saw a couple of snippets of it and while I don't think it's unbearably awful, it does have a couple of minor flaws. Mainly the pronunciation of Mikasa's name, unless they did that on purpose due to some smarmy moron making a very obvious joke or something.

I haven't been able to watch the dub but the complaints I've heard have been mostly geared at the changed dialogue. Eren's famous monologue about being humanity realizing it was trapped in a cage was completely changed and people were NOT HAPPY. And of course, there will always be elitist sub fanboys who hate every dubbed performance, despite it being THE LANGUAGE THEY SPEAK. I mean seriously, how can you tell how great someone's acting is when all you have to go off of is their voice, and they aren't even speaking a language you can understand. Plus, they seem to forget that the original voice actors could speak as they wished, whereas the dub voice actors have to sync their voices to match the animation, with no room to add any of their own personality to the character.

;) I've been hearing mixed opinions on the Dub to that, also, I wonder how much violence Standards and Practices made them censor out (probably not all that much since it's on Adult Swim and it has an MA rating) I saw a couple of snippets of it and while I don't think it's unbearably awful, it does have a couple of minor flaws. Mainly the pronunciation of Mikasa's name, unless they did that on purpose due to some smarmy moron making a very obvious joke or something.

I've seen a lot of people mention that, but it looks like it's actually right. In Japanese, no syllable is stressed over the other(except for maybe the first syllable).

So while mi-KA-sa is the more popular pronunciation, MI-ka-sa actually is correct. I actually didn't know that until I saw a debate about it on Youtube and looked up a few pages on Japanese pronunciations to confirm.

Edited by MsMaggot

Just watched the final episode of Gundam Unicorn.

Magnificent.  The part where Banagher psychically travels through time, while playing Beginning from the first series was amazing

Realized I missed the last three episodes of Eden of the East so I finished that up and I'll probably pop out the two movies soon since the anime itself didn't have an ending. I guess they opted to do movies instead of a season two, which is weird considering it was only 11 episodes long. Surely they could have made a full 26 episode season so that way the ending wouldn't have seen so rushed.

• 4 weeks later...

now i am watching medaka box it is funny as heack

That manga is the perfect example of a manga completely shifting genres. You think Dragon Ball took a sharp left turn? Medaka Box goes from a slice of life type high school manga to a out-and-out action manga. Totally out of nowhere too!

I've been reading Medaka Box myself. It's been really nice. I love it with all the plot twists and stuff. >w>

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu will have a run for my money with this one.

Just watched the final episode of Gundam Unicorn.

Yeah, Unicorn looks cool. Might be what gets me into Gundam.