Sign in to follow this  
darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

I too have neglected watching and even finishing some anime recently, mostly due to me trying to knock out a few games I've got sitting around that I've yet to finish.

So excited there is going to be another season of Sword Art Online.  :wd_coolslime:

Recently, I've been watching about four anime at once. Don't judge me.

Ok, so far, I've been watching:

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Gintama

Beelzebub

And one more super-secret anime which I shall not tell, due to fear of unjust judgment of my person. :P

I also tried watching the first episode of Super Robot Wars OG: Divine Wars, but... Let's say the bad CGI and the lack of Sänger in the first episode turned me down on the whole series.

I too have neglected watching and even finishing some anime recently, mostly due to me trying to knock out a few games I've got sitting around that I've yet to finish.

;) I too am in this same boat, well replace gaming with actually working on a game :laugh: though I have been trying to catch Space Dandy every Saturday night.

@Pendy: I've heard mixed things about Sword Art Online, what's your opinion on it and would you recommend it?

I'd recommend it.  I really enjoyed it.  The story lines are fun and the characters are interesting to watch.  I like how it's going to continue to cycle through different game worlds as well. 

;) Soon as I get a chance I'll take a look, might have to torrent it though since Toonami isn't showing it anymore.

Just picked Sgt. Frog back up a few hours ago, and watching GaoGaiGar. And it just so happens by some coincidence that the episode I watched and the series I started both paid homage to the good ol' days of mecha anime.

About GaoGaiGar: Honestly didn't mind the first episode, 'cuz the power of courage overcomes all. Yes, even the standard moral, this time about recycling.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

;) Been watching Space Dandy and getting psyched up for Season 2, while it seems everyone else is enjoying Kill La Kill :P

ALL of my anime finished this week.

Tokyo Ravens: Overall, was pretty good, but it still felt like it didn't tie all the loose ends.

Chuunibyou Ren: OMG THIS SHOW WAS SO CUTE! FEELS FOR DAYS!

Kill la Kill: That last battle was pretty frickin badass. I loved the ending.

All I have left to watch is the Bayonetta movie, as well as the new Kara no Kyoukai.

The only new anime im watching also ended. Gundam build fighters. It was so good

I finished watching Bayonetta: Bloody Fate. It was okay. It's essentially a retelling of the game, and some of the more important plot points were poorly executed (They pretty much spoiled the "big reveal" in the first act) and wasn't as stylized as the game. They took some liberties with the writing, which I thought were nice and the adding some of the more memorable tracks in the game was also a VERY nice touch.

Considering watching Slayers again.

At the same time, I'm thinking it may soon be time to start up season 2 of Yu Yu Hakusho with my friend, Rhona. I got her pretty into it with the first season a while back.

;) I've been revisiting Ranma 1/2 in recent weeks, such a hilarious series it was.

Im about halfway through king gainer. Its pretty cool

;) I got my Season 4 Ranma 1/2 set yesterday and due to a misunderstanding and a mailing of the wrong item then the long wait to get the aforementioned set I got a bonus Bobobo Bo Bobobo DVD :laugh: wonder which one I should view first?

Toonami is going to be airing the dubbed Attack on Titan starting in May.  Looks a great voice cast.  I look forward to watching it all over again.  

The Attack on Titan craze is nuts. An entire section of the graphic novel shelf of my local Barnes & Noble is devoted exclusively to Attack on Titan. If you look at the release dates, you'll notice that after the series exploded, the publisher put out a volume a month instead of the original volume every four months or so they were doing. My local comic book story has stacks of volume one alongside the new comics shelf. All this and it hasn't even come out in English yet. I can't think of many big anime/manga fads that got this big without even coming stateside yet.

I'm most definitely going to watch the dub on Toonami and I'm stoked to hear Ashley Burch (from "Hey Ash Watcha Playin'" on YouTube) as Potato Girl.

;) At least it's not Vic Mcgnognia as Eren and Chris Saibot voicing HALF THE CAST. I doubt I'll watch the dub since I read the Manga and already know what happens.

Strangely enough, you're not the first person to say something about not wanting Vic Mc-not-gonna-bother-spelling-his-name to voice Eren. Do people have a grudge against him playing Eren or something?

I like Vic.  I think he did an excellent job in Full Metal Alchemist.  I hate Chris Sabot though.  He was part of the craptastic team that took over the DBZ dub in season 3 when Funimation bought out Pioneer's half.  The Canadian company Blue Ocean had a MUCH better cast and Funimation went and ruined it when they dropped them and hired their own people.  Plus it didn't help that the scripts they used dumbed down the show down to a 5 year old's level and were almost nothing like what was originally said.  Add in some really crappy music and goofy sound effects and yay! you've ruined DBZ.  Don't get me wrong, it's not like DBZ in it's original form was Shakespeare, but damn...they did one of the worst overall dubs of all time.  Heck, even the guys that do DBZ Abridged do a better job.      

Edited by Pendy

I didn't mind Vic at first. He has no real vocal range, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as he can act and as long as he's not voicing numerous characters in one thing.

But then a friend of mine went to a con with her friends who are a couple. They got in line for an autograph, and when they came up to him(as a couple), he told them he was "not signing for any $#!&ing lesbians" and sent them away, had the next person come up. So there's that.

I defended him when people called him homophobic for not liking yaoi. Because no, not everyone is into yaoi, especially straight guys and certain religious people. But there's no defending being a dick to his fans. He lost my respect with that one. And it's apparently not an isolated incident either. I've also heard stories of him creeping on underage fans as well as just being very narcissistic. If you do a Google search, you'll probably find at least a few stories. Some cons apparently won't even invite him back at this point.

Aaand I wrote more than I intended to there.  :o

Edited by MsMaggot
  • Upvote 2

Vic is a pedophile racist fundementalist.  He can piss off.

(I do enjoy his work in FMA though)

Wow. Did I miss something? Never heard any of these things about him.

;) He did a lot of the creeping at Animazement a few years back and treated con staff like utter crap. He was not invited back ever since. The only voice role I really liked him in was Full Metal Alchemist, as for Chris Saibot, the only voices he did right were Kuwabara and Alex Louis Armstrong. But yeah what MsMaggot and Megalosaro said are pretty much the reasons most fans have issues with Vic McDerpaderp as some people call him, other names being Vic Manjina and Vic McEggnog.

Pendy: OH MAN!! That cast was freaking HORRIBLE!!! I agree that the Ocean Dub was far superior to the crappy Funimation Dub we got in 1999/2000. I think that's the reason why I don't care much for Funimation Dubs.

Edited by Slime Master

Funimation dubs got better as they went along.  The scripts started being more accurate, they didn't dub in their own music, they didn't dub in new sound effects and that other crap they pulled with DBZ.  Then ADV and Geneon went belly up and so they got a lot of good people after that too.  But when they started out, wow those guys were horrible.  Ironically the subtitles for DBZ are some of the best out there.  I own the whole series and I can only watch it subbed.  The only DBZ I can watch dubbed is the first 3 movies that the Star Ocean guys did.