Sign in to follow this  
darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

;) Another fun fact about Spirited Away's English voice cast: The voice of the twin witches Yubaba and Zenbaba is none other than Suzanne Pleshette better known as Bob Newhart's Wife in the old Bob Newhart show and was also in Alfred Hitchcock's movie The Birds.

• Upvote 1

And don't forget John Rantzenberger's cameo as a nameless character who gets eaten by No-Face. He's been in every Pixar movie in some capacity and one of Pixar's masterminds, John Lasseter, was involved in the dubbing of Spirited Away.

My top 3 are:

Princess Mononoke

The Castle of Cagliostro

Spirited Away

I still need to see Laputa. What's Ponpoke?

On a side note, anything Satoshi Kon touches is gold.

Pompoko is about a group of tanuki who band together to learn how to shapeshift so they can scare off construction workers who are building in their territory.

On a side note, anything Satoshi Kon touches is gold.

;) ^THIS! I've seen most everything that man directed, even though Satoshi Kon's works tend to be on the disturbing side.

Speaking of Satoshi Kon, I'm watching Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika in a couple of days when I get the chance!

• Upvote 1

My favorite Satoshi Kon film is Millennium Actress.  A documentary crew goes to interview a legendary actress.  As she tells the story of her life, the events of the movies she did intertwine with her real life events and the crew gets transported into the story to witness and even interact with what is going on.  

Mega:  Cool. I added it to my Netflix queue.  You spelled it with an n at first so my Google search didn't get me anything.     

;) Tokyo Godfathers, Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent are the only three works of Satoshi Kon I've seen, I've not seen Millenium Actress or Paprika yet but I imagine there's quite the Mind Screwy-ness in those films as well.

;) I've been hearing a LOT about Kill La Kill from friends of mine and the little snippit of it I saw it seems to be pretty fan servicy

It is, but it goes both ways. It's got TONS of action and it's made by some of the same people that worked on Gurren Lagann. I recommend it if you love badass action anime.

;) In the coming weeks I've got quite a potential shipment coming. Slayers Next and Try, Ranma 1/2 season 3, Record of Lodoss War, and finally Nadia Secret of Blue Water. In addition  to some of the new stuff I have on the compy where in the world do I begin? :laugh:

;) In the coming weeks I've got quite a potential shipment coming. Slayers Next and Try, Ranma 1/2 season 3, Record of Lodoss War, and finally Nadia Secret of Blue Water. In addition  to some of the new stuff I have on the compy where in the world do I begin? :laugh:

Dude! Ranma 1/2 is a classic! I got the whole thing years ago. Slayers, I've only seen parts of it, but its ALSO a classic. Haven't seen Lodoss War.

;) Same with me in regards to Lodoss War, but I am a sucker for Sword and Sorcery/High Fantasy stuff so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Slayers is always good for a laugh or two as is Ranma 1/2.

Currently watching:

- Kill la Kill (So badass!!!)

- Tokyo Ravens

- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren (KAWAII AS F***!!!)

;) I've been hearing a lot about Kill La Kill from a couple of friends of mine. I got a couple of eps. lined up to give it a try.

;) I've been hearing a lot about Kill La Kill from a couple of friends of mine. I got a couple of eps. lined up to give it a try.

It's pretty boss. LOTS of action and half-nekkid people.

;) Yeah that last bit is what I have been hearing the most about :laugh:

The first Pokemon series is on Netflix so that's going to be my life for the next few weeks.

First Ippo series.

;) Thinking about Marathoning Digimon or Salior Moon in the near future. Both series were a huge part of my childhood.

You can't be as old as you say if Digimon and Sailor Moon were a part of your childhood. I watched those shows for the love of God (I had to watch Sailor Moon at daycare because I would NEVER be allowed to watch that at home)! And I was actually going to marathon through the first two seasons of Digimon myself until I found out that Pokemon was out. I guess I could watch them simultaneously like I did when I was a kid. Basically the only person in town that liked both series.

;) I was 11 when Sailor Moon first aired in the states in Syndacation 15 when Digimon aired :P Though thanks for the compliment about me not being old :laugh:

In the middle of disc 2 of Noein right now.  It's a fun series dealing with a group of kids in present day Japan dealing with travelers from an alternate apocalyptic timeline 15 years in the future.   

Sailor Moon used to be on basic cable, along with Ronin Warriors (which I watched religiously) and Dragonball Z, WAAAY before they ended up on Toonami.

;) ^ I don't remember seeing Ronin Warriors and Dragon Ball Z before they aired on Toonami but I remember Sailor Moon being on my local Fox affiliate back in the mid 90s and like a couple of years later on USA back when they used to show cartoons. (They even aired that hilariously bad Street Fighter Cartoon)

Started watching metal overman king gainer. Soo good. Yoshiyuki tomino is a genius.

Haven't been watching any anime lately, mainly due to working on my YTPs. However, I do plan on redownloading the first 154 episodes of Sgt. Frog and completing the remaining eight episodes (44-51) of the first season sometime later this month or early next month.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony