Sign in to follow this  
darkjak951

What anime are you watching?

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Death Note, which I kinda hesitated on watching at first but when I did, I can see why so many people praise it. I have also been re-watching some Fist of the North Star on occasion too. What anime have you guys been watching lately?

• Upvote 2

Great Teacher Onizuka.

Started to watch it 2 years ago. But couldn't finish it. Now I got the chance, and I'm loving it. Pretty good, I strongly recommend to anyone. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Great Teacher Onizuka.

Started to watch it 2 years ago. But couldn't finish it. Now I got the chance, and I'm loving it. Pretty good, I strongly recommend to anyone. :wink:

That is a great anime XD

• Upvote 1

I have lately been watching a plethora of mecha anime including Gundam SeeD(just finished), Escaflowne, and Code Geass. However, the one anime that has been REALLY grabbing my attention lately was Death Note, which I kinda hesitated on watching at first but when I did, I can see why so many people praise it. I have also been re-watching some Fist of the North Star on occasion too. What anime have you guys been watching lately?

Awesome, Gundam Seed :D!

I don't really like anime a whole lot, but Gundam Seed was one of the few exceptions. Lately I've been kind of off and on watching Gundam Seed Destiny, but I haven't really liked it too much... so far.

Edited by IvorEvilen

I've watched the first 13 episodes of Sgt. Frog this week.

I just finished watching Durarara. Now i'm going to rewatch Eureka seveN and fairy tale when the new episodes come out.

I watch it all!

Naruto, Bleach, Fairytail, D. Grayman, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Kekkaishi, Vandread, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragonball Series, Detective Conan, Samurai Champloo, Samurai X, Tenchi series, Outlaw Star,Claymore, and a lot more. Didn't realize how much I've watched until now.

Awesome, Gundam Seed :D!

I don't really like anime a whole lot, but Gundam Seed was one of the few exceptions. Lately I've been kind of off and on watching Gundam Seed Destiny, but I haven't really liked it too much... so far.

I'll be quite honest that I really don't like Gundam SeeD as much as I do with the others in the series. I think Gundam 00 is the best of the new franchises of gundam, if you like something modern and action packed than that would be it.

Dragonball Z Remastered.

Sue me.

What's wrong with Dragon Ball Z? It and Dragon Ball are very fun shows too watch. GT... eh, not so much.

That was one of it's problems, IMO. Android 17 in Z redeemed himself, and helped contribute to Goku's final attack at the end of Z.

Then he comes back in GT as an immense jackass.

The one thing I'll give GT is the 4th Super Saiyan level did address something I always found puzzling, that being why the ape Saiyan concept was completely ignored in ever super saiyan form.

Also, the Shadow Dragons had very good designs. But I tend to like pretty much everything Toriyama draws.

But still, hated the Android 17 twist.

Not saying the Dragonball series is bad in general. Just that I was expecting a bit of bashing for taking interest in (re)watching a "ridiculously overrated" show, in terms of some people out there.

GT, I didn't think it was THAT bad. Mainly, the one thing that bugged me was Goku's child form lasting the entire season.

Lets see....

Most recently I watched all of Death Note. Watched the first 8 disks, borrowed the 9th a month later from a friend and finished the series.

Before that, I tried watching Naruto. It got boring after awhile. I also tried watching One Piece, and that was good for awhile too, but the series kinda slowed down and my interest fizzled out.

Hellsing and Rune Warrior (I think that was what it was called) I borrowed from my brother in law and finished both of them last year.

I have a hard time with series that are more then 25 or so episodes. If it is any of the never ending series, I eventually get bored with them.

Just finished Gundam 00 Season 1, starting season 2. I also bought Evangelion 1.11 on blu ray and the animation looks incredible! Gundam SEED was good, but Gundam SEED destiny I didn't enjoy as much. However, it did take a much different approach on the story. I'm glad they tried something different with the series at least. Most companies don't even try.

Fist of the North Star is awesome!

I watch it all!

Naruto, Bleach, Fairytail, D. Grayman, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, Kekkaishi, Vandread, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragonball Series, Detective Conan, Samurai Champloo, Samurai X, Tenchi series, Outlaw Star,Claymore, and a lot more. Didn't realize how much I've watched until now.

If you are in the mood for a comedy/romance I would highly recommend Arakawa Under The Bridge. I just can't stay in a bad mood while watching it. Heck, I had a terrible experience that pretty much kept me down for several days, but just watching 5 minutes of Arakawa put me in a good mood.

Negima. With more breasticles than you can shake a stick at. :laugh: But seriously under all the perversion the slapstick comedy is pretty funny... in a good way.

Right now I'm watcing Evangelion for the first time (yeah, yeah I know). After hearing so much about it about it (both positive and negative), I thought I should take a look for myself.

Oh, and Dragonball Z Kai. I'm watching that, too.

I'm... currently not watching anything. Gintama is on extended break while waiting for the manga to get a huge lead again... and nothing else interests me in particular. I have been popping in my Outlaw Star DVDs from time to time to fall asleep to though.

I watch it all!

If you are in the mood for a comedy/romance I would highly recommend Arakawa Under The Bridge. I just can't stay in a bad mood while watching it. Heck, I had a terrible experience that pretty much kept me down for several days, but just watching 5 minutes of Arakawa put me in a good mood.

Where would be a site to give it a try?

I've been watching DBZ Kai and Bleach since they're currently running straight through from the beginning.

I expect Bleach to suddenly shift to the post Grimm Jow stuff soon. Don't know when Adult Swim is getting the new episodes, but it's probably pretty soon.

I took summer courses, so I couldn't really stay up all night. But I did take an interest in Death Note, and I might start watching it. Also, Full Metal Alchemist was pretty cool, might watch that too. I've just been recording Bleach and watching it later.

Does ST: TNG count? No? well it's what I'm watching. I started at the first ep and am watching them all one after another. So far I'm about a third of the way into season 3.

The last anime I watched was Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. An amazing, AMAZING series. It turned out to be completely different than I thought it would be. It was made by a lot of the staff that would go on to create Evangelion. Same director, same character designer... it's an awesome series. Just avoid the movie at all costs. It sucked noodle and detracted from the TV series.