Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bynine

BUT THOU MUST SPRITE

16a5jq9.png

Dogged digger

ndjxbb.png

Sulphorous smoke

66g4fp.png

Grandpa slime

14wxdtu.png

Cute cutter

25i11kl.png

In order: Yetitanium, Metornado, Slime Slinger, and Metal Slime Slinger.

29nw7lt.png

Oddslime and Shadow Slicer.

n5kg81.gif

8z47s7.png

DWM2 Monsters

Bababu - 20 MP - Hits random opponent three times with a dark purple spell similar to Zam/Zammle. Most monsters do not resist this spell at all, but SuperTen, GoldSlime, OmegaSlime, ?????, and Ayabou resist it slightly. So at best you can have a 1+ resistance to it.

Ahhhhhh - 50 MP - Male Opponents: Does damage between 1 and 500, randomly.

Female Opponents: Instant confusion, unresistable.

Nuclear - 100 MP - Acts like the final form of BigBang, hitting every foe with a nuclear explosion. Deals around 500 damage to each foe. Nuclear is resisted by the entire Bug family, but nothing is immune to it.

Please request stuff, I'm bored to tears!

I'm recruiting you for a favor, you know those smoke like enemies from DWII? Do you think it's possible to make one at a level on par with the psx monster sprites (like IV,VII,Monsters 1&2)? If so you think you could maketh me one?

haha no it's fine, im gonna add to it though thanks!

Ah, good!

Do I get credit in this game? ; D

I was thinking of holding a sprite design contest. Would anyone be interested in that? My initial idea for it was to make a sprite that represents a hybrid (or fusion) of two other monsters from DQ games that would result in a funny name when combined.

For example, an Eigerhorn combined with a Flamadog would give you a Horn dog...

That would be cool!

*wish you'd say something about my sprites too though D:*

That would be cool!

*wish you'd say something about my sprites too though D:*

Whoops! Where are my manners? I actually quite like your Sulpherous Smoke edit. Also the Digster Edit is cool. I am not familiar enough with Grandpa Slime to know what has been changed here... Sorry!

That would be a fun contest, I already have a hilarious line up ready to go if you do :P. and bynine, that sulphorous smoke came out pretty good, even when enlarged thanks! I will be using it and various recolors!

That would be a fun contest, I already have a hilarious line up ready to go if you do :P. and bynine, that sulphorous smoke came out pretty good, even when enlarged thanks! I will be using it and various recolors!

Alright. Consider it done. I've added this contest to the Queue, so it'll be up in due course. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

hopefully before july 27 when i go away for a while :)

hopefully before july 27 when i go away for a while :)

I'll put it up next. I might wait for the Where's Woodus contest to finish (June 28th) or I may just toss the new one up sooner. The nice thing about this sprite design one is that it requires very little work for me to prepare.

that's true, i mean we are the ones who have to do the work. not that its hard, i mean just looking at the monster names they are all able to be manipulated into something hilarious. the imaging thing though might be the hard part, oh are we only allowed to use those two images? i have a great one picked out and id like to know before i start editing

that's true, i mean we are the ones who have to do the work. not that its hard, i mean just looking at the monster names they are all able to be manipulated into something hilarious. the imaging thing though might be the hard part, oh are we only allowed to use those two images? i have a great one picked out and id like to know before i start editing

Well, given the synthesis theme, I was thinking that you should contribute at least a little something from each monster to the resultant monster. That being said, feel free to add as much as you want from other sprites too. No sense limiting ourselves needlessly on this.

Oh, and as for the judging we will decide the winner(s) via poll.

30njbjl.png

Zomg new DWM2 monsters

UltraInfin sports perfect base stats, but also a massive 40 EXP stat. It requires 1000 EXP to level up to level 2. Yoiks.

i like the weekaisr

in soviet russia

WEEKAISR LIEKS YOU

LOL

I love the Wee slimes!

30njbjl.png

Zomg new DWM2 monsters

UltraInfin sports perfect base stats, but also a massive 40 EXP stat. It requires 1000 EXP to level up to level 2. Yoiks.

Excellent, except for the spelling of napolean. i believe it is napoleOn, although i am not certain.

Ah, you're right! I'll fix that next update. Thanks!

2wmqcch.png

Is BYNINE making A GAME?!

SHOCKINGTON!

2wmqcch.png

Is BYNINE making A GAME?!

SHOCKINGTON!

An even bigger SHOCKINGTON would be if it was a Dragon Warrior Monsters game.