Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamiras843

Custom Monsters

Well everyone else is showcasing theirs so hey, here's mine, all being used in Dragon Quest I Roto's Rebirth.

10f2fcz.png

My version of the Queen Slime, Where it got hair from is beyond me, but she does love her hair and flowers. The base was a King Slime from DQM 1&2 PSX while the hair came from a Hula Dancer enemy from DQV DS.

t8lvtf.png

This is... well me in boss form! Aint I just pure unadultered badassary? Its a modified Cyyrus image from DQVI DS. He nolonger has the third eye, his tongue is in his mouth (where it should be) and I tried to make his eyes glow red but it didnt work right. The sword is from NiteRich DQM 1&2 sprite.

9swj8h.png

My version of a shadow wraith. Needs a beam sword. Beam swords = uber awesome. Just a Skeleton DQM 1&2 edit.

2qte812.png

This is the Hero's battle sprite. It is a hybrid of Bakor's body (the fighter) with the belt removed and the upper body colored to match the yellow long shirt and leather armor. The head is from Roric, both sprites from DQIV PS2 version. The sword and shield are just the icons ripped from DQIV DS.

246ludi.png

This by far is my favorite. Just a modified Alena PSX sprite. Made the dress longer, got rid of the gloves and her pants (Christo/Kiryl might be a little jealous :P)and erased the hat. The crown was the hardest part of the edit and it took many tries, still don't think it looks that good either but I am not working on her anymore! Again the weapons were just the DS icons stretched and rotated as needed.

Well those are my creations, hope you enjoy!

These are very cool. Thanks for posting them. I love the Skeleton with a light saber. The Jamiras edit is cool too.

These all look awesome! Great job, jami!

Thanks for posting these, the queen slime and the princess sprite are my favorites.

Pretty sweet edits, man! I think the sprites of Princess Lora and the shadow wraith are my faves of the bunch. :thumbsup:

Ha, Princess is my favorite, I should fix the dress but eh. Shadow Wraith quality is kind of lacking due to me not changing the background color and trying to trim a black background away from a black outline :( Queen Slime was an idea I had for a while back but apparently it was a common idea as cybersavior beat me by posting his. Mine originally was just a sprite recolor with hair (full crown) but after seeing his I decided to try trimming the crown down, so he gets credit there.

And bynine, it was yours and cybersavior's stuff that made me want to share mine. But to be honest The first game won't have that many, pretty much what you see above. But plan on seeing more in II (which won't be started well into January), and possibly III.

Only five enemies? : P That seems like not a lot for one whole game.

I'll make my own thread then.

Nah I meant custom enemies, the rest are the regular ones. And you didn't have to create your own topic, I was saying your DWM2 edits and cybersaviors monsters made me want to post mine.

2qbhqmf.png

I shall call him... Baramedic! Master of healing and defensive magic he serves alongside Zoma as both an advisor and personal physician (Demon King's get sick too). Baramos monster with Christo's hat, I attempted to put the new goddess symbol upside down but the space was too small. So a cross like figure will have to do!

Nah I meant custom enemies, the rest are the regular ones. And you didn't have to create your own topic, I was saying your DWM2 edits and cybersaviors monsters made me want to post mine.

2qbhqmf.png

I shall call him... Baramedic! Master of healing and defensive magic he serves alongside Zoma as both an advisor and personal physician (Demon King's get sick too). Baramos monster with Christo's hat, I attempted to put the new goddess symbol upside down but the space was too small. So a cross like figure will have to do!

That's pretty funny. :shifty:

I chuckled when I saw this. In a good way, mind you. ^^

t56kxs.png

Malroth in his strongest state in the realm of chaos.

I am liking the creativity of these keep it up.

Considering the recent interest of sprite editing many of us have developed, perhaps one day we can have a custom sprite section on the site under some subcategory on the main page.

I am liking the creativity of these keep it up.

Considering the recent interest of sprite editing many of us have developed, perhaps one day we can have a custom sprite section on the site under some subcategory on the main page.

That would be great! We should ask Woodus.

Thank you! and yes that would be a neat idea, also to update the rpg maker resources to include sprite sheets for VX, character sprites too. Oh and music, I have many of the DS and SNES songs looped correctly in .ogg format. As for the custom monster sprites, organize them by system, DS,PSX,SNES,GBC,NES so people can search them and use them if they want in a game maker program. Bynine seems to do a lot of GBC sprite editing and NES monsters always are in being used in classical DQ games. I mean as long as credit goes where due (my list of credits for Roto's Rebirth get's longer every day), it'd actually make me happy if people thought my stuff was good enough to be used. All these edits are going into the game.

2ihxl55.png

Zoma's Will. After being beaten Zoma's malevolent spirit took on a form of it's own. Just a recolor of Zoma's PSX sprite.

Just had to pipe in here and say that Baramedic is hilarious. Nicely done.

erm what exactly are these ( they look awsome) and how do u make em???

These are just monster edits going into a fan game I am making, The sprites are actually found on this site and I use Paint Shop Photo Pro X3, as Photo Shop is wayyyyy to expensive for me :(, welcome to the den toamoto

34gkqwp.png

Orgodemir got tired of being pushed around by a child hero, so he juiced and hit the gym. This was a request.

Ha! That's cool. Nice edit.

242ylqv.png

Orgodemir on roids, form 2. Dark Drium sprite this time, still has the lionex armor, but I made it myself :) probably the most work I put into a monster sprite. The sad part is it's for someone else and their game, not mine. Maybe I should of asked before posting them haha.

2libif7.png

The deathpal psx sprite juggling slime psx sprit. The deathpal is supposed to be shaded the color of the clown from "It" with the gray jumpsuit and orange pompoms... I thought it would be funny anyway.

2libif7.png

The deathpal psx sprite juggling slime psx sprit. The deathpal is supposed to be shaded the color of the clown from "It" with the gray jumpsuit and orange pompoms... I thought it would be funny anyway.

This is awesome!