Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 Questions

After finishing off DWM not too long ago, I decided I should see what all the hype is about with DWM2. I get it now. It's a great game. Lots of fun and very addicting. 197 hours and 46 minutes later, I seem to be done everything I can do legitimately without a link cable and/or the Tara version of the game.

Game Summary:

DWM2_Summary.png

My Team:

Orgo.pngOrgoSkills.pngDeath.pngDeathSkills.pngDream.pngDreamSkills.png

My questions are thus:

1) Is there any other conceivable way to get a WonderEgg or a Watabou without the link cable? I need three monsters to complete my library: WonderEgg, Watabou and GranSlime. As I understand it, I can't get GranSlime without WonderEgg.

2) Will Prince Kameha ever fight me again or will he always just say:

Kameha1.pngKameha2.pngKameha3.pngKameha4.png

3) Is there anything else to do besides obtain the Baffle Key from the Tara version and then obtain whatever key I get as a reward for finding the "Other key that is not from this world"? I have completed the King's Quests already and have beaten Terry, Milayou and the little girl with Butch.

I am thinking I will have to resort to Gamesharking the Baffle Key into my inventory and also adding Watabou and WonderEgg. It doesn't feel right to cheat to complete the game but without a link cable or the Tara version, I really don't think I have a choice. It's too bad, I really wanted to complete this. I was able to finish off DWM1 completely without a link cable so I assumed it would be possible here as well.

As a final thought, does anyone know how these issues are addressed in the PSX version of this game? I suppose if you can trade between memory cards (akin to how you can trade immigrants in DW7) that would probably take care of it. Does anyone know how you get Kagebou, Ramia and Dimensaur in the PSX version? They look so awesome:

kagebou.giframia.gifdimensaur.gif

...Ok, Kagebou looks kinda stupid, but the others look cool.

I don't think Prince Kameha has any more battles against you.

You can breed GranSlime without WonderEgg:

GoldSlime +

GoldSlime OR DarkMate OR DeathMore all work.

You need to link with the Tara version or use a GameShark to get the other keys. Terrible, I know.

I don't know how one would obtain the 3 mythic monsters in the PSX version. In the GBC version Dimensaur can only get to Lvl. 9 before he's maxed out... so no breeding to make him sweeter.

I don't think Prince Kameha has any more battles against you.

What a little pansy. All bark and no bite. I was looking forward to humiliating him one more time.

You can breed GranSlime without WonderEgg:

GoldSlime +

GoldSlime OR DarkMate OR DeathMore all work.

You need to link with the Tara version or use a GameShark to get the other keys. Terrible, I know.

I don't know how one would obtain the 3 mythic monsters in the PSX version. In the GBC version Dimensaur can only get to Lvl. 9 before he's maxed out... so no breeding to make him sweeter.

I didn't realize I could get GranSlime from just a couple of Gold Slimes. Foreign Masters are practically giving me their Gold Slimes. Thanks for the tip.

Also, I just sharked the Baffle key onto my game and added Watabou and WonderEgg. I will still breed my Warubou with Watabou so I don't end up with both. If I'm going to cheat, I'm going to benefit as little as possible from it.

I sure hope the PSX translation is still moving along. Last I heard, the whole DWM1 script and menu was translated. Shortly thereafter, one of their team members left the project and I haven't heard any positive news since.

I sure hope the PSX translation is still moving along. Last I heard, the whole DWM1 script and menu was translated. Shortly thereafter, one of their team members left the project and I haven't heard any positive news since.

Kaioshin left the Romhacking Aerie, but Kingcom is in charge of DQM 1+2. To my knowledge Kaioshin had nothing to do with the DQM 1+2 project, he's just been giving updates through his site. Last update said DQM 1+2 is on the backburner until Oriental Blue is finished.

Kaioshin left the Romhacking Aerie, but Kingcom is in charge of DQM 1+2. To my knowledge Kaioshin had nothing to do with the DQM 1+2 project, he's just been giving updates through his site. Last update said DQM 1+2 is on the backburner until Oriental Blue is finished.

Huh, well that's not so bad. These things do take time. It's nice to hear it's still in the works.

Huh, well that's not so bad. These things do take time. It's nice to hear it's still in the works.

Yeah... there's just that skeptic in me that can't help but think otherwise... but I want to believe!

Edited by GrandAlchemist

Alright, well I finished off my library now. Glad that it was acknowledged in the game. I was afraid it would just be business as usual at the 'ol library:

DWM2_CatDone.pngDWM2_CatDone2.pngDWM2_CatDone3.pngDWM2_CatDone4.png

Congratulations! :D

That's about it for most things.

I had both Orgodemir and DeathMore3 in a presentation party too. ^_^

(The third monster could have been GranSlime)

To paraphrase Tom Petty: The waiting is the hardest part.

I still have both DWM@ cobys journey and Taras adventure, or whatever. I went to replay them last year, but the saves don't stay once you turn them off anymore...

I still have both DWM@ cobys journey and Taras adventure, or whatever. I went to replay them last year, but the saves don't stay once you turn them off anymore...

Ouch. That's cool that you have both though. In my experience, Tara's Adventure is tougher to find nowadays.

Ouch. That's cool that you have both though. In my experience, Tara's Adventure is tougher to find nowadays.

You think finding the DWM games are tough, try finding the strategy guides for both DWM1 and DWM2 at affordable prices. The guidebook for DWM1 that I've found on Half.com cost almost US$800, and I will not pay that much for a ten year old guidebook to a ten year old game. :grin:

You think finding the DWM games are tough, try finding the strategy guides for both DWM1 and DWM2 at affordable prices. The guidebook for DWM1 that I've found on Half.com cost almost US$800, and I will not pay that much for a ten year old guidebook to a ten year old game. :grin:

Yeah, it's tough finding a good deal on the old stuff. The problem is, waiting a while doesn't usually make it any cheaper. You just have to get lucky and hope to find someone who doesn't realize what they have. My best luck has been in buying "Lots" consisting of several games, where some dragon warrior game is just one of them. Many people searching for these rare games, miss the lots, or don't want the hassle of owning and/or reselling the other stuff they weren't interested in.

It just dawned on me that there's a website that specializes in searching for in-print and out-of-print books. It's called Harvest Books and if you put down the name, the author, and (optional) the ISBN, they will look for the nearest available copy of that book and how much it'll cost.

Maybe this will help out those, such as myself, who are looking for those Dragon Warrior/Quest guidebooks. ;)

Yeah, well. When they were new my mom got my brother Coby's and me Tara's, but he's abandoned most of his GBC games. In fact, if I didn't have two already, I could swipe his GBC and he'd never know.

Someone secured me a copy of DWM2 in their country. ($5 - $10?)

Seemed very hard to get it here.

What country do you live in? And what country did you get it from?

Heh, I found my copy on the floor of my kindergarden school

By the way, I'd suggest opting for better names than "Orgo", "Death", and "Dream". At least if you made it consistant (Doom, Death, Dream?) it would work better.

Edited by Bynine

Heh, I found my copy on the floor of my kindergarden school

By the way, I'd suggest opting for better names than "Orgo", "Death", and "Dream". At least if you made it consistant (Doom, Death, Dream?) it would work better.

Yahoo! :D

The guide for DWM2 was quite good, but not perfect. It doesn't list ALL of the breeding combos.

As for Dimensaur, HAck to get one at a level higher than 9, THEN breed it. Worked great for me.

for getting the Tara adventure keys you just need to have the correct rom and the TGB-Link emulator. That emulator can do linking across both games so you can do the wonder egg breeding and getting the two keys without the use of gameshark.

for getting the Tara adventure keys you just need to have the correct rom and the TGB-Link emulator. That emulator can do linking across both games so you can do the wonder egg breeding and getting the two keys without the use of gameshark.

A TGB-Link emulator you say. Where could I find one and, if possible, is it free?

A TGB-Link emulator you say. Where could I find one and, if possible, is it free?

My emulator of choice, just because of it's link capability.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gameboy/tgbdual.html

Enjoy! (Beware, TGB seems to crash more often than others. Always make sure to save your game!)

My emulator of choice, just because of it's link capability.

http://www.emulator-...oy/tgbdual.html

Enjoy! (Beware, TGB seems to crash more often than others. Always make sure to save your game!)

Thanks for the link. I'll make sire that I'll save my game just in case. ;)

As a final note about the emulator:

If you want to do the link, be sure to have one game save as type "SAV" while the other "SA2" Otherwise it will start a new game when you turn the second game on.