Sign in to follow this  
FlyingRagnar

Strategy Guide PDF Scans

Well, I just bought the VI guide on ebay. If I can find another inexpensive one of decent quality, I'll make one of them into a scanned pdf. Wish I had good used book/game stores near me. But shoot, I don't even know anyone around me who also enjoys DQ!

• Upvote 1

Well, I just bought the VI guide on ebay. If I can find another inexpensive one of decent quality, I'll make one of them into a scanned pdf. Wish I had good used book/game stores near me. But shoot, I don't even know anyone around me who also enjoys DQ!

Just received my first DQVI guide and it's in GREAT condition. So, I'll be keeping this one intact. However, I just bought a second copy on ebay for $8. When that one arrives, I'll promptly tear it up and scan it for everyone's enjoyment. ;)

• Upvote 1

Awesome, looking forward to that.  Thanks!

And Dragon Quest VI guide is finally here! I didn't realize how much of a task it would be to deconstruct the guide perfectly, scan it in small enough chunks to email it to myself, then attach all of the pdfs in Acrobat. But it seemed to work well. Please let me know if any pages were missed accidentally or if any are out of order. I tried to get it right the first time, but no guarantees! 

https://filetea.me/t1s9BT1pTHPTAy8viJS8mTWng

Cool, thanks!  I'll check it out after the d/l finishes.

I'm not having much luck with that download.  Is there anywhere else you could mirror it?  Or maybe I am the only one having trouble with it.

Bummer! It worked on my computer, but when I tried on my phone it didn't work. Next time I'm at my computer I'll put it on another site, maybe mediafire or something.

That would be great.  Thanks again.

Much better!  Worked great. The scan looks good too.  Nice quality job!

Thanks! Yeah, we've got some nice toys and machines here at work. I can't imagine doing it one page at a time at home!

I can.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by FlyingRagnar

That's awesome, thank you for sharing.  I have some guides I'd like to scan as well.  Can you tell me what process you used?  Or are there any good articles I can refer to?

1. Rip the pages out.

2. Set on top of a quality photocopier.

3. Press the scan button.

You know, and some settings to play with too.

I just spent the past hour and a half scouring the internet for a guide for Joker. No luck. Plenty of false leads though. Does anyone happen to have a digital copy of it? Or know where to get it? I saw someone say they had a copy of it, way back when. Not sure if they are around or if it was even a digital copy.

I have a copy of Joker 2's strategy guide that I was able to get on the cheap.  It's not entirely reliable, though, as several monsters (Barbarus, Stormsgate Citadel, Schlemian Tank) are omitted for some odd reason, yet their skill sets are in the guide.

Also, does anybody know of any scans for Dragon Warrior Monsters, preferably DWM II?  I wanted to buy it, but $37 at the minimum is out of my price range right now for something that might have had some tears and writing on it.  It always bugs me that an out of print book often translates to excessively high prices.  $50 for a new guide isn't unrealistic, but charging nearly $200 is.

I have a copy of Joker 2's strategy guide that I was able to get on the cheap.  It's not entirely reliable, though, as several monsters (Barbarus, Stormsgate Citadel, Schlemian Tank) are omitted for some odd reason, yet their skill sets are in the guide.

Also, does anybody know of any scans for Dragon Warrior Monsters, preferably DWM II?  I wanted to buy it, but $37 at the minimum is out of my price range right now for something that might have had some tears and writing on it.  It always bugs me that an out of print book often translates to excessively high prices.  $50 for a new guide isn't unrealistic, but charging nearly $200 is.

Tell me about it. I want the Prima guide for Dragon Warrior 3 GBC version, but it's $50 used any time I see it. I found a PDF scan online years ago and still have it on the thumb drive in my pocket, but I want the guide for my collection. Not for that price though.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:59 PM, Stray_Love said:

would anyone have a scan of breath of fire 1 and 2?? i can't seem to find anything myself. i need them pls. and tyia

This is a Dragon Quest board.  Seems odd to join and post once about a different game on a DQ board in a DQ topic from 3 years ago.

1. Rip the pages out.
2. Set on top of a quality photocopier.
3. Press the scan button.

You know, and some settings to play with too.
This is the reason I never digitize anything like this. It require me buying two copies.
  • Like 2

Is there any place with the guides from emuparadise (including all of them,  not just DW/DW, ideally, though here they're clearly of the most importance) archived since they've sadly stopped allowing downloads?

I am actually keen to swap digital guides with anyone who is interested. I own a physical copy of each guide in the main series, with the exception of one non-English translation. I have a digital copy of every guide as well except for DQVI, which I would really like to find despite owning a physical copy in good kit. If anyone wants any guides and has some file hosting I'm happy to share to one and all, but I would very much like to finish my collection, such as it is.

I know that I could get another physical copy of the guide for VI, disassemble it and scan it, but it would break my heart to destroy an out-of-print rare guide like that and I don't really have the best facilities for scanning hundreds of pages like that either.

Now that Prima (and by extension BradyGames) is shut down, couldn't they just be hosted here at the Den?

4 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Now that Prima (and by extension BradyGames) is shut down, couldn't they just be hosted here at the Den?

Wow I didn't know they were shutting down, anyone know the statute of limitations on something like that?

Wow I didn't know they were shutting down, anyone know the statute of limitations on something like that?

Depends. Maybe the rights fall onto Square Enix? I doubt anyone would be enforcing it though since there definitely wouldn't be any further printings ever made.