Sign in to follow this  
FlyingRagnar

Strategy Guide PDF Scans

Got all of them but III. Sorry 'bout that.

Hmm, I'm curious, which other ones have you got?

American ones? In PDF form, I've got just about everything except III, VII, DS IV & V, but I've got printed versions of everything.

I can vouche for all of these and they are sexellent. Fine, fine work my friend!

• Upvote 1

Glad you enjoy. Hopefully more of these will surface eventually.

Feel free to go nuts pulling the art from em and throwing them into the wiki or whatnot.

edit: i've got some chinese ones i can pull up too, i'll post em here when they are up.

doubledit: uploaded. check the above link, there is a Chinese folder now for books on 1-4. also added a Japanese Dragon Quest III GBC VJump Guide I had forgotten to upload.

Edited by Cryomancer

Please do. I check the link every so often to see if you've stuck up some new ones.

Hey im brand new here. I have seen the work you guys are doing and i like it. I was wondering if anyone here had a PDF scan of Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC. Ive been looking for a scan of that game for AGES and i cant find one anywhere. If someone here could find on or scan one, you would be my hero.

also added a Japanese Dragon Quest III GBC VJump Guide I had forgotten to upload.

I downloaded this but can't open it because the file has no extension. I tried renaming it as ".cbr" but it still wouldn't work. I saw this guide on eBay once, I'd really like to see it.

EDIT: I figured it out, renamed it as a ".zip" and was able to unzip it. Thanks!

Edited by Sir Gooey

That's weird, dunno why it would do that. It was indeed uploaded as a CBR, but renaming it like that should work, yeah. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I believe cbr files are similar to zip files. I've been able to open zipped image archives in cbr before. Maybe the site it was uploaded to didn't recognize the extension?

It's a format specifically designed for comics. Stands for Comic Book... Something. Both WinRAR and regular 'ol zip that comes with Windows should open it just fine.

Hey, remember when zip didn't come with Windows? You had to get PK Zip and Winzip after that. God, I'm old...

It's a format specifically designed for comics. Stands for Comic Book... Something. Both WinRAR and regular 'ol zip that comes with Windows should open it just fine.

Hey, remember when zip didn't come with Windows? You had to get PK Zip and Winzip after that. God, I'm old...

Heh, yeah I remember PKZip and PKunzip. I even remember needing to run DeIce to unpack Doom to run on my brand new 486! I had to upgrade from 4MB of RAM to 8MB in order to run it smoothly. But I digress...

CBRs and CBZ, far as i know the last part just means "rar" and "zip". It's just so if you have a lot of scanned books around you just have hundreds of CBRs instead of tens of thousands of JPGs. And of course there are reader programs so you can read them double-page fullscreen as a CBR and so on. It's kinda handy. But yeah just rename the extension and you've got a standard archive.

Interesting how the V-Jump guide uses the SFC artwork and not the new original art done for the GBC. It also uses the original-original artwork. That's odd too, because those are the original colors in the ink Toriyama uses (name escapes me). As far as I know, those were only ever published in the Dragon Quest Monsters art book... and on the Shrine, of course! Everyone has always used the spot color artwork.

Whoa, I didn't check this thread for a while and there have a been a bunch of posts!

The only guides I have seen online in digital form are:

Dragon Warrior VII

Dragon Quest VIII

Dragon Warrior I & II GBC (I recently shared)

...and the ones that are on this site for the early games.

I have yet to see ANY of the monsters series online anywhere. In fact, I'm surprised I haven't found a Joker one yet considering it is pretty new.

Edited by FlyingRagnar

Unfortunately, I only have printed copies of IV and V. Will keep an eye out for you in case a digital one pops up.

Okay, here is a summary of links:

Dragon Warrior I & II GBC

http://rapidshare.com/files/400457780/Dragon_Warrior_I_II_Prima.pdf.html

Dragon Warrior III GBC

http://rapidshare.com/files/400571592/Dragon_Warrior_III_Prima.pdf.html

Dragon Warrior VII PS

http://rapidshare.com/files/400468018/Dragon_Warrior_7.pdf.html

Dragon Quest VIII PS2

http://rapidshare.com/files/400476446/Dragon_Quest_VIII_-_Official_Strategy_Guide.pdf.html

Lots of older Dragon Quest game guides (NES mostly)

http://www.emuparadise.org/magazine-comic-guide-scans/guides

Miscellaneous Japanese guides/artwork etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3473227a467e0e72e5c3dee5769931ecec1b5202ea3784785621d66e282a0ee8

Still Needed:

Dragon Warrior Monsters

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Dragon Quest IV DS

Dragon Quest V DS

Dragon Quest IX DS

Edited by FlyingRagnar

Someone needs to get these. They are awesome.

Are those the ones with the hot images of Bianca and Nera? lol. We should just make an offer of $5 for each.

I've updated my links above to include Dragon Warrior III GBC.

Edited by FlyingRagnar

Someone needs to get these. They are awesome.

I've got those...very good guides; lots of excellent artwork. Enix did some nice ones for the PlayStation remake of Dragon Quest IV too. Now that I've got a decent digital camera, I'll have to get some high quality shots of the artwork.

Only if there are some sexy photos of you mixed in with them!

The US guide uses that new artwork of Henry and Pippin. Odd how all this new artwork never got past the Japanese guides. A lot of the pics for the US was for the PS2 version.