Sign in to follow this  
jamiras843

Dragon Quest I: Roto's Rebirth

Nice. Thanks for the update. Good to hear it's still being worked on.

yeah... a duty as a combat medic... woohooo.

For whatever reason many people in the armed forces lol@combatmedics, but they don't laugh so much when you're putting them back together! What branch do you serve?

game is still being worked on as we speak, just did the memorial of loto, (that cave you first go into) and it is the only cave in the game to need a torch. also added some monsters.

That's a relief. I always found those dark dungeons in the both the NES and GBC remake annoying, due to you either needing an empty slot for spare torches, or using your MP for the Radiant spell.

The addition of monsters in Loto's Cave (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about, anyway; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ^^; ) should might things a little interesting.

other changes from the original include where you find the Roto Seal, which is still in the same spot, but the ruins fof the shrine that was there in III is there as well, also put a puzzle there to make it interesting.

Nice! I sometimes wondered what might've became of that shrine Loto went to in DQ3, since all that was there was the Loto seal.

Anyhow, as King Zenith said, thanks for keeping us updated.

It's the army, yeah they do laugh at the combat medics, but hey it's also a foot in the door to med school and some loan repayment. and yeah i'm hoping to get some people who tease me as a patient, i'll make fixing them up as miserable as possible :).

As for the game info. Yes the loto cave is what i meant, i too found the torches of the original and remake horrible so i made that the only cave that needs it. as for the loto helmet i've created a small back story of how it was destroyed and you have a fun time traveling adventure to get it. fun fun. ill update pics at some point soon.

I know I say this a lot, but I can't wait for these remakes--revisits--rebirths...whatever you wanna call 'em. :overjoyed2:

I'm almost as excited for them as I am for DQ9 and DQ6---almost! :thumbsup:

So, keep up the hard work. I'm sure it'll be awesome!

It's the army, yeah they do laugh at the combat medics, but hey it's also a foot in the door to med school and some loan repayment. and yeah i'm hoping to get some people who tease me as a patient, i'll make fixing them up as miserable as possible :).

My sister is a combat medic and her husband was a combat medic, both army, so... you get props from me.

again I would like to thank every one for their support, both in my career and with the game. Because of my ship date I have designated set days where I won't play any games just so I can work on this. If not I'd just sit around and play games til my ship time... I have so many I want to play! Ah well I want to do this as well. So here's my updating tidbits.

1: Because of the resizing of the tiles I had to remap Kol and Garinham completely, change some ground searching events (like the pixy flute thing) and what not. Resizing it was a pain so curse you all who complained about the character sprites being too small! Curse you! Nah, I don't care, I mean it is made for you guys so feed back is good.

2: Because of the system for the T'n'T board is a pain in the butt, the tiles are remaining the same, so you will have to deal with unusually small board spaces in comparison to the character sprites which I have increased the sizes of by 200%. But hey at least I'm not scrapping the idea.

3: Adding some easter eggs and other tidbits, but I don't want to say what they are, they is surprises! But they are interesting and will make you want to search all corners of every town/cave/tower etc.

4: 2q01ttj.png

yes, I am finally posting a new screenshot! This is an older one of Kol, but as you can see trees no longer seem gigantic, and everything is just more like the original, and now the town officially has a church, that is the tip of it in the lower right corner.

well that's it for now. I have to remap the entire intro tower dude to the tile changes, I forgot about it :( but tomorrow is another half day of game work so bit by bit this game will be complete.

Aw. I feel bad that you have to redo so much work, but if it makes you feel any better, I think the resizing is looking great! Characters and buildings and furniture all look to be about the right size. I think you've got a winner here! :wd_coolslime:

I do hope you continue working on this. I can't wait to play it. :overjoyed2:

Ah of course I'll keep on it. Just remember I never meet my own deadlines :)

2ltls06.jpg

like I said, taking some artistic liberties with the updates of towns, not as drastic as Garinham but still different than normal.

Hey, when artistic liberty produces such gorgeousness as that, I'm all for it! :thumbsup: Looking forward to exploring Alefgard all over again!

well i thought things were going too smoothly. Of course I have to find some sort of error with the new updated sizes. When you are having someone follow you, the first person sprite has to overlap. this is all fine and good until you have to walk upwards and then it looks like you're walking all over the head of the party member behind you. I can't figure out a way to fix it either :( I'm sorry but it just might be one of those things you have to begrudgingly accept unless anyone else can figure out how the script works.

x20v7l.jpg

Fixed, the above issue. the edit button isn't working? maybe it's my poor connection due to the weather. Some quick updates... some not so pleasing but eh.

First of all there is no more new game slime adventure. It's not impossible but it's very time consuming to keep making events function under 2 sets of conditions and I just had enough. Post game adventure is still available though and you still can get Slib as a party member in your normal quest.

Came up with a few interesting things to replace books that change personality, so be sure to search the book cases when available.

Not as many updates as I'd like but my day was spent on re making the intro and rebuilding the intro tower, oh and recoloring some tiles. Still have to remake torches and what not as well.

208g27r.png

New tower image, if you want to compare just look back a few pages and look at the older ones. Autotiles are still giving me issues though.

2z8yfcj.png

Battle sprite of the hero... not too bad but could be better, I'm working on it.

2mpy0p5.png

presenting for the first time anywhere, the princess of tantegel's battle sprite! it is obviously Alena's battle sprite, just color moded and made the skirt more dress like, oh and the addition of weapons as well. I like this one though.

Edited by jamiras843

Wow, those battle sprites look nice. A lot better than what I could possibly do, anyway.

Shame about you having to drop the new game slime quest, though. Sounded pretty interesting, though I figured that would've taken a lot of time to make events and such work with 2 separate sets of conditions, so I understand you having enough with it. Good to hear the postgame stuff and Slib haven't been dropped.

On an unrelated note, I thought I had posted about this before (but apparently haven't ><), but I wanted to wish you the best of luck with your new job as a combat medic.

Wow, that looks great. Nice work. I like the Alena sprite repaint. I don't think I would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out.

Though this question may have been asked before, Do you happen to have a day and night system in your game? I'm in real need of one.

Also I like the human battle sprites. I was goin to make a few for my game(huge tournament thing in game). Could It be possible for me to make devamps of some of yours for my game? I will give credit.

Decided to list the bosses, not the post game bosses but main game bosses. Added a few :D.

Kandar + Goons (2X)

Green Dragon Yearling

Draken Guard

Yukinov Armour

Golem

Dragon Lord (and form 2)

King and Queen of Lorasia (?!)

Surprise boss of unknowingness :P

So DQ now has a total number 9 boss fights and 17 boss characters.

There are 5 bonus boss battles as well (one of which you have seen, Jamiras XD) bringing up the total bosses to 14 battles and 22 boss characters! That's over a 100% increase from the original game. I am pleased. Now to actually implement this haha.

Keep up the good work on your game. It looks and sounds quite interesting.

Hmm, I wonder who (or what) this surprise boss might be?

Guess I'll wait 'til the game's finished to find out.

Keep up the good work, man!

Decided to list the bosses, not the post game bosses but main game bosses. Added a few :D.

Kandar + Goons (2X)

Green Dragon Yearling

Draken Guard

Yukinov Armour

Golem

Dragon Lord (and form 2)

King and Queen of Lorasia (?!)

Surprise boss of unknowingness :P

So DQ now has a total number 9 boss fights and 17 boss characters.

There are 5 bonus boss battles as well (one of which you have seen, Jamiras XD) bringing up the total bosses to 14 battles and 22 boss characters! That's over a 100% increase from the original game. I am pleased. Now to actually implement this haha.

I can't wait to take on the King and Queen of Lorasia!

24fjm9k.png

been a while since i posted a pic, I said I took some liberties with the formations of the town, but this is because Garinham is surrounded by mountains, not water...

Hey, that looks really neat! Nice job! :thumbsup:

25i1xkl.png

Mercado

98r62p.png

Rimuldar

2i10biu.png

Jahd

Figured might as well post all the towns.

Jahd, huh? Hauksness/Domdora?

The resettlement of Domdora, Domdora is still the monster infested pit that it was, this is just a small town thrown in for no real purpose :)