Sign in to follow this  
jamiras843

Dragon Quest I: Roto's Rebirth

haha I was too young for DW when I got it, I couldnt even leave the king's chambers :( anyway out of sheer boredom decided to create a party chat system. Oh my, nifty huh? Don't know how it'll work for DQIII... but we shall see...

Probably just a bunch of random comments like: "I think I left my satchel back at Luida's Tavern!" or "I'm feeling rather sagely today, how about you use that Zen book on me and make it official?".

ok quick question. dungeon maps? similar to DQVIII? yay or nay.

also the extras script is not really compatible with new game +

Edited by jamiras843

ok quick question. dungeon maps? similar to DQVIII? yay or nay.

I'd say yay :overjoyed2: ... unless it's really difficult, then nay. :{

nah not hard, one other question, mini map in corner or full out map.

a mini-map like they have in the corner of some zelda games? i'm not familiar with any mini-maps in DQ games. but wouldn't a full out map take up too much space? *confused* or does the map come up when you press a button?

yeah like in the zelda games, that way you wouldnt have to keep opening the menu, most of the game buttons are taken for party chat, menu, actions ground search ect

yeah like in the zelda games, that way you wouldnt have to keep opening the menu, most of the game buttons are taken for party chat, menu, actions ground search ect

i suppose a mini-map wouldn't be so bad then... if all the game buttons are already spoken for. better see if anyone else has an opinion though, just to be sure.

quick title screen, now made it like DQ style.

azc3l4.png

this is final! I hate using paintshop pro! I sucketh! So if you want better feel free to create a title screen for submission (must be a certain size so ask before you do make one, not that i expect people to). Also the press start thing blinks which is why its gray, it's not that hard to see. Anyway after you hit enter it goes to...

33pg65h.png

yayy similarity rocks!

azc3l4.png

this is final! I hate using paintshop pro! I sucketh! So if you want better feel free to create a title screen for submission (must be a certain size so ask before you do make one, not that i expect people to). Also the press start thing blinks which is why its gray, it's not that hard to see. Anyway after you hit enter it goes to...

33pg65h.png

yayy similarity rocks!

How many adventure logs are available?

ermmm I believe it has 4 by default, I'm really not going to try messing with it to change it.

pretty sweet!!

ermmm I believe it has 4 by default, I'm really not going to try messing with it to change it.

4... odd that they'd pick that one. I've seen 1, 2, 3, and even 7 but never 4. Not that i have an issue with this I just wonder why they chose this number...

thanks, as for the mini map im going to make it optional, if you enter a cave when you have the map the game will ask you if you want to turn it on, if you say yes it will, if no you can turn it on or off using the item.

and yeah 4 is kind of random but hey, that's how it goes I guess.

also fixed the new game+ and other post game stuff so slime hero is still available.

Edited by jamiras843

azc3l4.png

this is final! I hate using paintshop pro! I sucketh! So if you want better feel free to create a title screen for submission (must be a certain size so ask before you do make one, not that i expect people to).

I have extra time on my hands, maybe if I can get some motivation running through me I'll chop you one together. What dimensions does it need to be in? 640x480?

quick update on the dungeon maps.

2ica6w9.png

you have the option of turning them off or on using the item.

If i can manage, yes it will, but the trick is actually doing it haha.

It appears... that while I have motivation, my creativity isn't running well. Let me know what you think.

RotosRebirth.png

actually it suuits me just fine, mines a mess really. This one is more SNES like, and having Tantegel and the dragon lords castle is a good idea (If I'm being presumptuous sorry). I think I might recruit you to do II and III's as well when the time comes. I think mine will get relegated to the ending scene. Thanks!

Cool title screen there, GrandAlchemist. :) (Though jamiras843's wasn't too bad, either :P)

I also like the idea about having a minimap as an option while exploring dungeons.

This one is more SNES like

The foreground, clouds, and castle are all from DQIIr on SNES. I made the Dragon Lord's castle. Adjusted colors on the foreground castle to look slightly more grim than what the original has... made the sky one dark blue instead of a gradient.

having Tantegel and the dragon lords castle is a good idea (If I'm being presumptuous sorry).

Yeah, I was trying to imagine what it would look like, seeing Tantegel from far away... you'd most certainly be able to see DL's castle. I was going to put the town off to the side, but then I decided that it would detract from the main idea. Sometimes less is more. I'm also not satisfied with the font I used to write Roto's Rebirth with... which actually reminds me of something I was going to say before - why Roto instead of Loto? I'm aware that it can be translated either way, but the official translation used on the Gameboy used Loto.

I think I might recruit you to do II and III's as well when the time comes.

If I've got something to give, I'd be glad to throw it in. I don't really know what kind of title screen would suit either of them... even the creators didn't seem to have anything interesting to throw in there, but perhaps I'll be able to come up with something.

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Edited by GrandAlchemist