Sign in to follow this  
jamiras843

Dragon Quest I: Roto's Rebirth

Safe travels overseas Jamiras. All are looking forward to your return.

im stillin training right now so no overseas for me! I will be getting my laptop december 17th so work shall resume then! I hope interest is still running high because doing nothing and not being around electronics for a few months gave me plenty of ideas.

Cool, I'll be looking forward to seeing what ideas you've come up with for your game (when you get your laptop back, that is). :wd_coolslime:

Edited by Silent Hunter

I hope interest is still running high...

Oh, it is! Looking forward to seeing what you've got in mind.

On my way home! Hopefully I remember how to use rpg maker

Wait a minute! What has your cat been up to while you were away? You secured your laptop right?

yup computer was in safe hands. it's all good.no cat damage! also wanted to note that the save glitch has been eliminated! awesome!

23wma6f.png

Party chat still amazes me, but it really is a LONG, dull process. But see? I'm getting somewheres!

http://i54.tinypic.com/23wma6f.png

Party chat still amazes me, but it really is a LONG, dull process. But see? I'm getting somewheres!

Ha! Oh, Lora.

Hey there, Jami! :overjoyed2: I didn't realize you were back. I was going over the stuff on my thumbdrive and saw your game. Good times! Are you still working on it? Hopefully I'll be playing my new dq6 today, but if you need a beta tester again, I'd be willing to help if you want. Or not. :worried: I know I've been gone for quite a while too. Anyhoo, just thought I'd say hi and I hope everything's going alright for you. *waves*

I'm still working on it but due to my long absence I didn't realize what needed to be done and how far I got. I also had to relearn a few things and by the time I did I had to return to training. I am now done and trying to get back on my feet. I wold love for ya to test the game if you still want. all others have vanised as well so it looks like I might need to recruit more.

Jamirus! Your back! I was worried that something happened to you and/or people lost interest. Apparently now I'm not getting automatic emails from subscribed topics... wonder why. Oh BTW I just got DQ6DS on friday and now i know where you got your name from. That's pretty cool. Anyways, I'd love to keep testing your game. One bad thing though, my laptop hard drive died - along with a bunch of RPGMaker stuff unless I can recover it somehow (sure hope the freezer trick works). At least it's a guilt-free HD upgrade! :) Can you send me the latest beta version? Looking forward to finally getting to see more of the game.

Jamirus! Your back! I was worried that something happened to you and/or people lost interest. Apparently now I'm not getting automatic emails from subscribed topics... wonder why. Oh BTW I just got DQ6DS on friday and now i know where you got your name from. That's pretty cool. Anyways, I'd love to keep testing your game. One bad thing though, my laptop hard drive died - along with a bunch of RPGMaker stuff unless I can recover it somehow (sure hope the freezer trick works). At least it's a guilt-free HD upgrade! :) Can you send me the latest beta version? Looking forward to finally getting to see more of the game.

Some time ago, the board had an update which may have messed with a few people's subscribed threads. You may need to resubscribe now. I thought it autofixed itself eventually, but maybe it didn't for everyone?

Thanks Ruesen, I'll give that a try.

I think I figured out a way to get the RPGMaker stuff on my new HD if the freezer will temporarily fix my old HD: put it in the case for my old portable hard drive that also died, it has SATA to USB built right in! Now, just have to find it and maybe I can get everything back. In the meantime I'll keep listening to DQ music on this old surround sound system I found in a box of computer stuff. :)

EDIT: Re-subscribed. Hope it works!

EDIT2: I wasn't able to back up my hard drive... looks like I gotta spend money and get it proffesionally backed up. :( Now I have to find all my RPGMaker stuff again. Good thing most of my other games and photos/whatever were backed up on my new laptop.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Awesome game, dude. I hope you will finish this game. Wish you good luck. :)

yes it will be done, i'm just in the middle of moving permanent duty stations so my harddrive is all packed away nice nice. I remembered to back up while fixing my computer! anyhow once i get to my unit regualr updates will follow. i also found out my unit won't be deploying for about 2 years so i'll have plenty of time to work on it.

I'm back settled in and reinstalled RPG Maker! Game progress shall resume... now!

Hip hip - hooray!

Public demo release at 20:00 EST, I'm wanting some feed back, only 2 bosses will be accessible and all 3 party members will be too.

Make that tomorrow. We had formations all day because idiots like to get drunk and then arrested :/.

Edited by jamiras843

well progress is slow due to me forgetting most everything about coding. A release was supposed to go out with a few bosses around but that was short lived as many scripts and bugs were found. since i'm going to the field for a month i'll release a demo not caring about the bugs.

well progress is slow due to me forgetting most everything about coding.

Coding is definitely a "use it or lose it" skill. Every time I go to make something in VB I have to relearn how to do nearly everything.

well im pretty much done with the demo, just a few more changes. i fixed party chat and what not. onlya few more things to change for the demo. if the world wasnt spinning i'd fix it now. well the demo is coming soon. w00t

Take forever, why don'tcha?

(Just kidding, can't wait to see it.)

Haha it's hard to work on the game when I'm preparing to go out to the field for 3 weeks. Weve been working late and what not. Here is a demo. you get 3 weeks before i can work on it again but hey, you have other games to keep you busy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?5uuk8ik2tdi8s69

read the read me!

Edited by jamiras843

I tried to give it a play, but that arrow tile maze in the tower at the beginning made me so frustrated that I quit. It looks good from a graphical standpoint. I can't comment on the gameplay and story due to not being able to progress. I might be able to put up with something like that when I'm already a few hours into the game, but putting something that obnoxious at the very beginning just made me angry. Sorry.