Sign in to follow this  
jamiras843

Dragon Quest I: Roto's Rebirth

Do you mean a dash button? I don't know if Jamiras disabled it or not yet, but the default button is shift.

dash is not disabled in the tutorial demo, in my game it is though, just to make it more like the original games.

I had dream sequences in the game where at certain times randomly you would hear (well read) different parts of the story of roto in III but I now made them visible scenes like the dream sequence of DQIV.

5vamop.png

You can't tell by this picture but I animated that picture of Zoma :overjoyed2: not great ,but is is kind of neat.

awesome!

Well the game is being put together officially now and being tested as it gets built. if i manage a 3 towns/dungeons a day it'll be great. I have 2 (3?) competent testers who are almost ripping my baby to shreds but hey I want it to be near perfect and as dqish as a modernized retelling as possible.

Edited by jamiras843

The game looks great so far!

ditto! :overjoyed2:

lol aww thanks guys but you gotta say that or i'll fire you as testers XD

Yeah testing is being done as it's built, that way there is only chunks to fix at a time. But I took a break to go kayaking haha

Yeah testing is being done as it's built, that way there is only chunks to fix at a time. But I took a break to go kayaking haha

Kayaking? Sounds fun.

By testing I mean making sure you can't walk through walls, spelling and grammar, difficulty level is not to high or low, items and spells work the way they should, etc. It's not just a simple play through (I have the testers covering ever possible square in a map haha, I'm such a slave driver), but once the beta results come in I may post a public demo at 50% game completetion, but I'd rather release the finished game :).

Yeah, there was a place where you could walk on a roof.

A public version of the game will be available saturday, with the story up to going into Garin's tomb.

Massive update.

5evcbr.png

Welcome to Tantegel Castle.

rlg9l1.png

About to go upstairs to see the king.

2czam8o.png

"hidden staircase" to one of the sages

2i8b03c.png

Tantegel at dawn.

so1qg4.png

Roto Memorial without torch

nyv0ih.png

Roto memorial with torch.

Cool!

Massive update.

Those look really great, jami! :overjoyed2:

Wow, nice work on Roto's Memorial. I also like how the torch light generates a circular viewing area instead of a square.

Yeah, the square was kind of stupid, "hey my light has corners!" Uploading the beta now as we speak. So look out for that. After the next beta a public demo will be out.

I know it's far more a Mother thing than a Dragon Quest thing but I really like the trippy background.

Im glad someone does, I figured out how to change it, but it takes way too much scripting. I could remove the blur and have a plain image there similar to DW for the NES but why ruin something that has its own appeal in a way (I'm just lazy)

NOTE TO BETA TESTERS: Game still freezes when loading a file, I have no idea why because it worked for a while then decided not to. Sorry, looking into this.

This thing is amazing beyond belief I always wanted to redo DW1 in RPGMaker but gave up, I wish I was half as good at RPGMaker as you are lol :P look forward to whenever this does get released sounds incredible.

Jamirus probably won't be able to reply for a while, but I'll bet he'd be glad that you are interested.

This thing is amazing beyond belief I always wanted to redo DW1 in RPGMaker but gave up, I wish I was half as good at RPGMaker as you are lol :P look forward to whenever this does get released sounds incredible.

dito.

Your game looks absolutely great and most important to me it looks absolutely original!

I am really looking forward to a release of this.