I don't think the original developers even had a point for him.

Let me also add that the sparkly naked/half naked muscle man is a Japanese archetype. Usually implies that they bang other dudes. Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist is another example. And a Square Enix property! If you can figure out where it came from, I'll give you a prize.

Let me also add that the sparkly naked/half naked muscle man is a Japanese archetype. Usually implies that they bang other dudes. Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist is another example. And a Square Enix property! If you can figure out where it came from, I'll give you a prize.

Ok, but why is he named after Saro? Is this supposed to be a joke about Saro in the future if he never met Rose?

Armstrong's actually owned by Arakawa, her work is just published by SE in shoenen Gan-Gan.

Edited by Fossilgojira

Doesn't matter who owns it, it's an archetype from their culture. Kinda like a cowboy or emo brat here. Why they named him Pisaro too is still a mystery.

I wasn't arguing about who owned it or whether or not Armstrong was said archetype, I was just mentioning the actual creator of the character rather than act like a SE newbie and say they created Bambi or Micky mouse just for KH (these people exist), but all of this is besides the point. Hell, maybe Horri-sama was poking fun at his 'bishie' status among fans and wanted to point out how someone like that would actually end up in real life :P

• Upvote 1
I wasn't arguing about who owned it or whether or not Armstrong was said archetype, I was just mentioning the actual creator of the character rather than act like a SE newbie and say they created Bambi or Micky mouse just for KH (these people exist)

Really? No way! Mickey Mouse wasn't created for KH even though in the game it shows his date of first appearance as 1929?! or the fact that Disney World's/Land's mascots have been around since its opening?!

In all seriousness.... Are people that dumb? Can you point me in their direction so I may laugh at them and their ignorance?

I wasn't arguing about who owned it or whether or not Armstrong was said archetype, I was just mentioning the actual creator of the character rather than act like a SE newbie and say they created Bambi or Micky mouse just for KH (these people exist)

Really? No way! Mickey Mouse wasn't created for KH even though in the game it shows his date of first appearance as 1929?! or the fact that Disney World's/Land's mascots have been around since its opening?!

In all seriousness.... Are people that dumb? Can you point me in their direction so I may laugh at them and their ignorance?

It's sad but true, people are that dumb. I mean I posted a topic some days ago where a guy was using one of those mobile cart things from Walmart as a getaway vehicle. I think the person that wrote the news article for it was having a laugh saying that they ran after him. You think people are dumb when they don't know as much as you do about something, but the truly dumb ones are like the one I mentioned. I think the "possession of controlled substance" might have had something to do with him seeming like his brain was fried though....

Anyways, believe it or not, there are people that don't pay attention to infos, like Mickey Mouses first appearance being in 1929. People like that are people that don't want to read at all, even though they do it all the time online...

It was in real life at a con, so I can't link you to any thing ^_^;

But if you really want to see dumb people in action, go to failblog.org or any popular shonen manga/anime site, like DBZ or Naruto; they have the worst fans you can imagine. For a One piece example, Crocodile just got re-introduced in the Impel down arc. In order to bribe him into helping luffy and his temporary crew, the "Queen" of transvestites Ivankov threatened to reveal a secret of his from his days before becoming a shinchibukai. Almost imminently rumors spread that Croc is either gay or was previously a woman, despite there being absolutely zero evidence for either claim.

Edited by Fossilgojira

Its sad that people are stupid. Not reading something makes people MORE stupid, as they are willfully ignorant. My nephew would try to play games but would skip all the text and stuff and then ask me for help. I would ask him if he read it, if not I would scoff at him, if so I'd tell him he should know (he played games like pokemon, easy stuff that basically told you where to go and had a straight line to it). So yeah, if you don't read, shame on you.

• Upvote 1
Its sad that people are stupid. Not reading something makes people MORE stupid, as they are willfully ignorant. My nephew would try to play games but would skip all the text and stuff and then ask me for help. I would ask him if he read it, if not I would scoff at him, if so I'd tell him he should know (he played games like pokemon, easy stuff that basically told you where to go and had a straight line to it). So yeah, if you don't read, shame on you.

They do say our educational plans are full of holes; hell when I was still in school I knew high-schoolers who could barely read.

Yeah, true. I see people like that all the time. And some others still help them anyways. They'll never learn if people keep being soft on them.

• Upvote 1
  • 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread; I'm adding some information.

"Psaro, Queen of the Desert" is a joke put in by the developers, as a parody of the movie "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert," which was a movie involving two drag queens and a transsexual, thus the dialog that the character in the game has.

I don't know who Tom Barrister is. Should I know who Tom barrister is?

Anyway, I know the reference to the movie (starring Hugo Weaving and Terrence Stamp!), but I have no idea what the character is like in the original script.