*Two* DS carts?

Slime

Maybe this is a stupid thought, but, how is using 2 carts going to work? Using discs is one thing, because you have memory cards. But game carts store your game inside, right? This means you can't save it to the DS, and so, there's only one solution left........

Password system!!

That's right! We're probably going to be heading back to the days of DQ1 and DQ2 on the Famicom: using a ridiculously long password to switch between the two carts. But, how can this work in a game as complicated as a modern RPG? I realize you may only have to do this once, but still... It may sound stupid, but just wondering.

Password if you're unlucky enough to be using one of those old DS's... but if you're lucky enough to have a DSi you can save the info and load it up on the second cart!

Disclaimer: I don't really know. Just sounds like a good way to get some people to buy the DSi.

I'm guessing the file might be stored in some kind of internal memory, making switching carts not much different from switching discs. But however they do it, I'm begging they don't use passwords. I still remember how bad the password system in Golden Sun was.

I'm guessing the file might be stored in some kind of internal memory, making switching carts not much different from switching discs. But however they do it, I'm begging they don't use passwords. I still remember how bad the password system in Golden Sun was.

My thoughts went immediately to Golden Sun when I saw this topic. And when he brought up password...*facepalms*The password system was bad enough in Golden Sun. If DQ IX had that, it'd be too much....way too much.

Etrian Odyssey 2 used a password system to carry over stuff from the first game...

... it didn't work out well.

Didn't Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons use a password system between games? I don't remember having any problems with that.

Well it wasn't as big of game. Never mind the fact that Zelda isn't an RPG *coughs* *Coughs* Golden Sun had more stuff in it. More reasons to have a larger password. Seeing as DQ IX is going to be even bigger(hello, custom characters), the password will be even longer, which is too much. Golden Sun's password too long as is.

Well you only have to enter it once, right? It's a pain in the arse for a minute or so and then it's over and done with.

Not that any of this matters anyway. DQIX isn't going to use two cartridges.

;) I thought the deal of Two Cards was completely false

This and I thought the DS freezes or turns off when you take out the cartridge..... I've accidentally done that a few times on my DS lite

This and I thought the DS freezes or turns off when you take out the cartridge..... I've accidentally done that a few times on my DS lite

If you reenter the cartridge, it unfreezes... at least I think it does.

Archived