heroes vs heroines

I believe that every DQ game should have the option to choose the gender of the Hero, it was great in IV, why didnt they implement that in all the other games?

In V they would have to really change around a lot of stuff. In VIII they would have to record a lot more lines from the voice actors just for saying one version of the sentence with "he" and another with "she". In 1 they wrote the "story" based on cliche western "knight saves princess" stories.

Fine with I and V, but with the rest they were just lazy. Well from what I understand the gender choosing is back in IX, I just hope it will be in X as well

I almost always play as a guy, but on my second play through DQIVDS, I chose the female hero. She's just so cute, how can anyone resist that big, curly turquoise hair??

I'd like it better if she had straight hair, or even a little spiky. I don't like curly hair that much, and that's a reason I have never played DQ IV with a girl (unlike DQ III, where I have chosen a girl hero from time to time).

Another reason is that I love the male hero of DQ IV.

I'm on my second playthrough of DQIV and picked the girl this time.(Not the first time I did this)

I don't mind the curly hair look she has, but I do tend to prefer straight and wavy hair more.

I personally love to make the main character me. So... the gender is as such. Male. As well as the name. This applies to ALL RPGs. EarthBound, for example. Ness=me.

But on a second playthrough? Female.

Call me crazy, but I had rather look at a female than a male for an extended period of time.

RIIIGHT?

Well, this is officially my first post. Looking around this forum, I believe I will be very happy here. The community seems quite... what's the word? Nice.

The community seems quite nice.

• 3 years later...

I'm a girl, but the designs for female heroes are often kind of sexist.  Instead, I play as the male character UNLESS there is some sort of romance system in the game (e.g. Avalon Code, Harvest Moon, etc.).

I found the marrige thing pointless.

so you're saying the Hero should have banged them and left?

"Travelin' man that's what I am, no woman puts a hold on me You'll see me once or maybe twice that's all you'll see of me"

It's always about the character. If the hero is 'me', then I always choose the being the guy, while Catherine chooses the lady. For set characters, I don't really have a preference outside of each individual character.

I'm a girl, but the designs for female heroes are often kind of sexist.  Instead, I play as the male character UNLESS there is some sort of romance system in the game (e.g. Avalon Code, Harvest Moon, etc.).

Yeahhh Jessica definately comes to mind here. >_>

Anyway...I prefer to play as female characters mainly just due to personal preference.

It depends, Usually male just for immersive purposes. Female sometimes. A valid arguement I hear for that a lot is "If I have to stare at a character all game, they may as well be hot."

Archived