Which do you players prefer to see as the main characters in your games? male heroes or female heroines

Tell me about what you think.

Well I like to name the hero after me and play as though I were the hero so in my case I prefer it to be male. I really don't have a preference other than that though.

Well I like to name the hero after me and play as though I were the hero so in my case I prefer it to be male. I really don't have a preference other than that though.

Same here, 'cept I'm a girl so I like female heroes. :wink: But I still like games like dq5 and dq8 because there are strong female characters in the story. I still need to play dq7 again. I don't seem to like Maribel and Aira as much as I like Jessica from dq8 and Bianca from dq5.

It doesn't really matter to me. Whichever has the better character/personality. Frankly in a Dragon Quest game, the hero lacks an identifiable personality so it doesn't really matter which one I choose. The 'character' comes from interacting with NPCs and the events of the story. I don't focus on trying to 'be' the character I'm playing so it doesn't have to be an amazing character with 10,000 lines of text and 'deep thoughts'. Yet in all Dragon Quest games, the process of using the Hero character and interacting with the environment is just fun. So it fulfills its job well. It doesn't matter if its a boy or a girl.

Which do you players prefer to see as the main characters in your games? male heroes or female heroines

Tell me about what you think.

i like naming the hero after me too ^^

it feels like we enter the game since DQ Heroes dont Talk =)

When there is a choice and the hero's supposed to be me (like in Dragon Quest and Magical Starsign), I choose a male, even though I may not name him as myself.

When the character is not supposed to be me I don't care if it's male or female, like Amara, I mean, Allison from X-Men Legends. Tina from Final Fantasy (though my fave is Gau) and Samus in Metroid.

I even wanted to buy Peach's game, but the price made me decide not to.

Except in DW3. I make main guy and name another party member as myself.

I do that as well. I choose a sage for myself. In those cases, it's a matter of who of my friends I choose to be the hero and that will decide if I use a male or female.

I almost always play as a guy, but on my second play through DQIVDS, I chose the female hero. She's just so cute, how can anyone resist that big, curly turquoise hair??

I'd like it better if she had straight hair, or even a little spiky. I don't like curly hair that much, and that's a reason I have never played DQ IV with a girl (unlike DQ III, where I have chosen a girl hero from time to time).

Another reason is that I love the male hero of DQ IV.

I only use female characters if the point of the game is to cook a tasty meal, mop a spiffy floor, or bear 10-20 children.

Leave the fighting to the stronger sex, I say.

You are so sexist :goofyslime:

I only use female characters if the point of the game is to cook a tasty meal, mop a spiffy floor, or bear 10-20 children.

Leave the fighting to the stronger sex, I say.

You are so sexist :goofyslime:

Well, someone's gotta keep womenfolk from getting too big for their britches.

• 1 month later...
how can anyone resist that big, curly turquoise hair??

Funny thing, that's why I prefer the male hero in #4.

• 2 weeks later...

None of it matters to me, the DW characters are just pixels most of the time. As far as the main character, I use male because it would feel less like myself it it wasn't (obviously).

I believe that every DQ game should have the option to choose the gender of the Hero, it was great in IV, why didnt they implement that in all the other games?

In V they would have to really change around a lot of stuff. In VIII they would have to record a lot more lines from the voice actors just for saying one version of the sentence with "he" and another with "she". In 1 they wrote the "story" based on cliche western "knight saves princess" stories.

Edited by Dojorkan