Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deathtamoor

Final TnT Board and Estark

Has anyone beaten the final TnT board in the Estark dungeon yet? I've been at it for hours but I keep getting sent back to the beginning with the return warp points. I mean seriously, THAT many return save points on a board? I've gotten to the final stretch maybe 5 times after 5 hours of gameplay and no matter what, I can't get the right dice roll to the finish square. The fact that the final stretch has 3 traps doors and a return warp point over about 15 squares makes it frustrating. Has anyone tried out the special recruit monsters you get after beating the final TnT track? If so, can they take out Estark in 15 turns or less?

Speaking of which, has anyone beaten Estark in less than 15 turns yet? Any tips? I was thinking maybe a team of King Cureslime, Golem, Golem, Golem could take him out. Give KCS a meteorite bracer (found or bought from the shop in the final track), put war drum in KCS's inventory, and have him use the wardrum at the beginning of the match and whenever Estark uses freezing rays on you. Then Omniheal every other turn or something. Since KCS and Golem have high HP, I doubt you would need to cure every round. I chose Golem over Great Dragon basically because his attack can max out faster and also because Golem is far easier to recruit. I found that with a level 40 Golem you can do atleast 200 hp damage to Estark each round after getting the war drum buff. I also imagine that you would be able to score a critical hit atleast once during those rounds to make up for the lost hp damage if say the you were busy healing.

Overall, I think they really improved the engine over the SNES version. The game flew by a alot faster than I remembered from the SNES days. Grinding while still there was cut down dramatically and party chat is a god send. I liked the new games added but I think the TnT boards were pretty crappy overall. They were either too easy like the first 3 which I beat on my first try or frustrating like the last one. I preferred the DQ3 pachisi tracks to these ones because the difficulty was medium. I thought the whack a slime game was pretty neat for what its worth and I have always been a fan of the monster colliseum.

O_o...

As far as I know, I don't think any people on this forum have even BEATEN Estark, let alone try to meta-game him. If you have, maybe you should send in a photo of his demise to win 1st place in the contest. XD

I beat him earlier, but just barely. I stupidly didn't give my son an Elfin Elixir, and as a result he ran out of MP and couldn't cast Multiheal/Insulate/etc. towards the end. I just got really, really lucky. Haven't tried my hand at the TNT track there, yet.

The TnT track is hard but it's a great place to money farm. Lots of great items available there if you spend time to look. I have pretty much cleaned out the place except for a few treasures in the dungeons and some rooms in the treasure trove. But inside you can find all of the King Metal equipment there, two Falcon Swords, another Orchilacum Claw, Sacred Armor, etc. TONS of Tiny Medals too. I have found 25 so far and I heard there is this one loop where you can go to and farm Tiny Medals. You can also buy Meterorite Braclets ($6500), Flail of Destruction ($50 000), Diemonds, Yggdrasil Dew, and Dark Robes in all of the shops on the board. I would suggest going to that board with atleast $10k in your pocket. You'll probably end up leaving with atleast twice that amount even if you lose the game early on i.e. sent back to start and give up in frustration.

Is there a golden ticket like item so you can keep playing these games like GBC DWIII? If not I'm screwed I used most my tickets at the first track. I know you get more but Im never lucky.

Is there a golden ticket like item so you can keep playing these games like GBC DWIII? If not I'm screwed I used most my tickets at the first track. I know you get more but Im never lucky.

The jackpot for the 4th T'n'T board (The one in the overworld of Nadiria) gives you three prizes, one of which is a T'n'T free pass, thankfully. :D

Praise the gods! I feel better now, unless I run out of tickets before then.

Praise the gods! I feel better now, unless I run out of tickets before then.

Hey, at least you don't have a whole bunch of back-logged T'n'T tickets... :ws-slimemad:

I just beat Estark in 15 turns. :slimeking:

I basically used the the strategy I noted above with a few modifications.

Here were my levels for my characters:

King Cureslime: Level 20 (MAX)

Golem: Level 27

Golem: Level 28

Golem: Level 50 (MAX)

The maxed out Golem was from my main game, he was part of my party since I got him and he ended up maxing out in levels. The maxed out Golem has 255 Attack btw. For comparison's sake, my Great Dragon was at level 40 now and he only had 200 Attack. My other two Golems also had 200 Attack for their levels. I cannot stress how important it is to max out King Cureslime. Eventhough he has over 400 HP and 500 MP, he pretty much needs all of it depending on how the battle goes. He needs HP more than MP though. I didn't have to use an Elfin Elixer at all during my Estark battles and even when the battle was finished I had enough MP for about 4 Omniheals.

Also, it is very important to equip everyone with Meteorite Braclets. A maxed out King Cureslime will always go before a maxed out Golem, so you can safely leave the War Drum with him. Also, a Golem with level 27+ with a Meteorite Braclet will always go before Estark. This makes Estark's Freezing Rays irrelevant for the most part because you will always attack with the buff provided that King Cureslime uses the War Drum before you if you were hit with Freezing Rays from the previous round.

As for equipment, I gave the King Cureslime all of the Metal King equips that I won from the final TnT Track. But I don't think it makes a huge difference though. The protective gear you can buy from Lofty Peak and Precaria would be good enough for him. Though I did equip him with a Metal King Sword because his attacking power isn't that great.

The Golems basically had the armor you can buy from Lofty Peak and Precaria plus Metal King Swords and the maxed out Golem had a Hell Sabre.

Damage wise this is what they were dealing with the War Drum buff:

King Cureslime about 100-120 dmg

High 20's Golems: 168 - 200 dmg

Maxed Golem: 200-250 dmg

So I figure, if you maxed out your Golems you would probably be able to beat Estark 90% of them time.

I fought Estark 4 times. The first three times I beat him in 16 turns :angry: but the fourth time, I got him in 15 turns. The problems I ran into was nobody landed a critical hit and in two of those attempts, some of the attacks missed on Estark (not a lot, just one or two during the whole match). Another big problem is figuring out when to Omniheal and when to use War Drum after Estark does Freezing Rays. Estark attacks twice and when he uses Freezing Rays he can also do a strong attack like his Intense Flame or Ccccold Breath. This is bad because if he used Freezing Rays + Intense Flame one round, and Cccccold Breath + Intense Flame the next round, King Cureslime is pretty much dead unless you used Omniheal. When I finally beat him, he didn't do this but overall, even with two Golems at the high 20's, the margin for error is pretty small.

I may try to max out my Golems at a later date and see if I can beat him in even a less amount of turns. I also just completed my Knick Knack Museum and the old guy left, so the only thing left to do is winning at the final TnT board.

O_o...

Geez! It's only been a week since release and you've already pulled all that off!?! Dang! Great job!

O_o...

Geez! It's only been a week since release and you've already pulled all that off!?! Dang! Great job!

It's not impossible. A couple other people seem to have done it too, but with a different strategy. The game isn't exactly very long, especially if you've played other versions of it before. Plus they probably had more time to play than the rest of us do. :P

That's quite a solid strategy. I should try to do it that way whenever I can. But getting a King Cureslime and 2 more golems will require some luck. XD

O_o...

It's not impossible. A couple other people seem to have done it too, but with a different strategy. The game isn't exactly very long, especially if you've played other versions of it before. Plus they probably had more time to play than the rest of us do. :P

That's quite a solid strategy. I should try to do it that way whenever I can. But getting a King Cureslime and 2 more golems will require some luck. XD

Golems are very easy to catch. I caught my second one without trying. The third one I caught in about 10 - 15 minutes. King Cureslime takes a little work but the catch rate isn't as ridiculous as Great Dragon (took me hours to catch him) or Hell Battler (never caught him and I must have fought over 500 of them). It took me about an hour to an hour and a half to catch a King Cureslime on the first floor of the broken tower to Zenethia. Take Sancho with you and have him whistle on the first floor there, the ecounter rate is very high.

I know others have beaten Estark but I haven't seen any tactics posted on gamefaqs yet. One guy said he beat Estark with the family at level 99 in under 15 turns but I don't know of any other strategies that people have shared online.

O_o...

That doesn't mean it doesn't deserve praise. :P

Ugh, I have enough trouble recruiting King Slimes, let alone King Cureslimes...

I beat the bonus TNT track. The prize is pure awesomeness.

If you're low on money, just play this track one or two times. I made about 80,000 gold in my various attempts to beat it.

What do you get for beating it?

Nah! Too obvious...

I also just completed the final TnT track after over 50 attempts. You win Starkers (Estark's son). He has high stats at his base level and when he becomes mastered he maxes out on all stats but doesn't start gaining stats until the 60's. I am training him now with my other two Golems and Rebjorn as well. So far not impressed with Rebjorn, maybe he gets a huge stat boost later? Gigantes is tough to level. After level 5, he needs like 300k exp to gain a new level but he gets a ridiculous stat boost. At a level up I gained something like +90 HP. Overall, Gigantes is a beast of a character. I want to see if he maxes out his attack power once he finishes his levels.

I also just completed the final TnT track after over 50 attempts. You win Starkers (Estark's son). He has high stats at his base level and when he becomes mastered he maxes out on all stats but doesn't start gaining stats until the 60's. I am training him now with my other two Golems and Rebjorn as well. So far not impressed with Rebjorn, maybe he gets a huge stat boost later? Gigantes is tough to level. After level 5, he needs like 300k exp to gain a new level but he gets a ridiculous stat boost. At a level up I gained something like +90 HP. Overall, Gigantes is a beast of a character. I want to see if he maxes out his attack power once he finishes his levels.

Wait, there are two secret recruitables? How do you get Rebjorn? Do you have to beat Estark in 15 turns... Please tell me you don't...

I don't think so. I got him right after I beat the final TnT board but I think you can get him once you beat the game. All you have to do is go back to the temple where the red pot was and try to open it. If the lid comes off, Bjorn will say some stuff and then join your party. I have no idea if you have to even beat Estark once to do it but judging from Bjorn's dialogue I would guess not. Rebjorn sucks anyways. Takes forever to level and at level 13, he's got HP and MP in the TEENS. His stats are probably the worst in the game at this point. I imagine once you train him at a high level he gets ridiculous stat boosts, but I don't know what level you have to get him to before you start to see some results. Dwight the Dwarf is also recruitable. Just go back to the cave west of Faerie Lea where his dad lives and talk to him. Dwight counts as a "monster" and not a "person" for some reason.

I finally maxed out my other two Golems and I beat Estark in 14 turns in my first try. I'm going to try to do a best out of 10 and see what my results are. I also managed to capture a Metaly AND a Metababble from the first floor in the bonus dungeon O_o

Deathtamoor, just out of curiosity, where on earth are you fighting monsters to get your guys leveled up so quickly? It's never taken me so long to do so in any other DQ game!

If you have access to the bonus dungeon, grind on the floor right before Estark. There will will find Deathsquad, Mechan-o-wyrm, Billhaw, Barbatos and Soul Spawn. The experience there ranges from 1000 - 3500 exp with the average experience gained per battle being a little over 2000. You can also find Metal King Slimes on that floor who sometimes even appear in twos. So bring along some characters that can use Poison Needle, Hela Hammer, Demon Spear in the wagon and stock up on Holy Waters just in case.

Before the beating the game I just levelled up in the Nadira overworld hoping to recruit either a Gold Dragon (1/64) or Killer Machine (1/256) and ended up getting the Gold Dragon. Luckily you don't need an insane level to beat Nizmo the first time.

Do I have to beat the boss at the end of the bonus dungeon (Esturk?) to access the final TnT board?

I can't seem to get to it. I saw the door, but it won't open (and I have all the keys - at least as far as I know.)

Yeah, just beat Estark once (it doesn't matter how many turns). You don't need high levels either. Just remember to Insulatle and bring an elfin elixer for the Son.