[Jan 20] New Scan: Paladin and Ranger

tummai

And sword dance and death dance, however they may be learned here (and whatever horrible names they may have in the translation, good thing I'll import the game, hahahahaha).

* thinks how that info was pointless *

No one is really commenting on the fact when you change classes you may need to change your equipment. That's a HUGE difference from recent games when certain characters equipped different stuff. This could be a limiting factor in who to change to what class when. Sounds interesting though and not a bad idea at all. Wouldn't make sense for a Cleric to go into battle with Full Plate armor on even if he's a big guy.

I believe I mentioned this elsewhere but this is one of my few complaints about DWVII. I expected the types of armor and weapons a specific character could equip to change depending on his/her class.

I feel the opposite. I think it's a little silly that if you are a soldier and have trained to use certain weapons and armor all your life that you would suddenly forget how to use them if you decide to learn how to pick a lock as a hobby. But it's just a game so I don't really care that much. It's a balance issue I guess - otherwise everyone would just take one level of soldier and then go back to their old class. Everyone except for me, because I'll have a party of 4 soldiers to begin with :)

You can say heavy armor gets in the way of casting spells, and some materials may interfere even more.

A thief could not equip a full plate armor or use a two hand sword.

Ha the guy on the bottom right of th scan looks like the hero of DQ Swords, the pug and play one that was never out in the states. Its the hair. And whats with the red mage?

Oh, the Warrior-Mage. Well, they're kinda like Red Mages, minus the healing spells.

Archived