Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tummai

[Jan 20] New Scan: Paladin and Ranger

A new scan popped up on the internet. Paladin (cross between soldier and priest) and Ranger (soldier and mage) are announced. It appears that you have to get the two prerequisite classes each up to level 20 to take the new dual-class.

Taking on a new class starts you at level 1 in that class. Switching classes you retain your level and abilities from previous classes. For example, you can still use your priest abilities if you change to a soldier. Different classes have different equipment restrictions, so if you change classes, you may have to reequip.

Scan is here: link

As always, thank you.

Changing classes starts you at level 1 in that class though you retain all of your abilities? So slightly similar to Final Fantasy Tactics in terms of job levels. (and possibly FFV though I never played through it).

Try "more than slightly familiar to Dragon Quest III", instead :thumbsup:.

And check that! A pic of hero in his undies, LOL. Too bad the defense must suck. If girls can equip a high defense bikini, there should be a similar speedo for guys, I say.

Followup: I should note that the Japanese actually calls the Ranger class "Warrior Mage". I just called it Ranger after checking the class listings here on the Den for DQ7. Paladin is Paladin in katakana though.

Great! Theese were my two most favorite classes in VII. I hope the paladin will still be able to learn Vacuum (Thin Air).

Rangers look AWESOME! I'm totally rolling that first playthrough.

Also if I ever play multi with people I'm gonna run around in undies. I do it in every MMO I play/ed and I don't intend to stop now :P

Try "more than slightly familiar to Dragon Quest III", instead :thumbsup:.

Ah yeah good point, I forgot about DQIII.

Is it me or is the ranger strikingly similar to a red mage?

Kind of, its more of a french design like a muscateer.

Kind of, its more of a french design like a muscateer.

Which is technically a mahou senshi/ magic warrior (the red mage, not the musketeer), since they are good with magic and swords.

They get some good spells, I think it is this class that teaches blazemost/ merazoma in some games.

I don't think you translated one of the classes correctly. It's not Ranger. It's Pimp.

I don't think you translated one of the classes correctly. It's not Ranger. It's Pimp.

HAHA! I always said that about Red Mages!

HAHA! I always said that about Red Mages!

I know there was a reason why Red Mages are my favorite FF class(Along with Warrior Mage from DQ games).

Solo Red Mage play through on Final Fantasy was always fun.

Very interesting. It's interesting that you keep the level you were at in a certain class if you ever return to it. I wasn't expecting Mahou Senshi/Mage Warrior to look like that. But in general the pictures they are showing don't match the traditional representations of these classes. It is also interesting that the requirements for Mahou Senshi seem to be level 20 in both Mage and Warrior as well as some sort of "training".

Very interesting. It's interesting that you keep the level you were at in a certain class if you ever return to it. I wasn't expecting Mahou Senshi/Mage Warrior to look like that. But in general the pictures they are showing don't match the traditional representations of these classes. It is also interesting that the requirements for Mahou Senshi seem to be level 20 in both Mage and Warrior as well as some sort of "training".

I'm sure they made it this way because its a powerful class. I don't think the representation pictures really mean anything. From all the screen shots we've seen I think depending on certain classes, they can equipt certain types of armor(I dont think the Red Mage look would be permanent throughout the game).

When they announce a Bard class, I'll surely get this game.

Either that or a goof off class would be interesting.

When they announce a Bard class, I'll surely get this game.

Either that or a goof off class would be interesting.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of that class appearing, if this really is supposed to be the 'True' 20th anniversary game.

I love how the classes are looking far different from previous incarnations. If they all looked like III and VII's it would be pretty drab, but it seems 'ol Akira still has plenty of ideas up his sleeve. I can't even almost figure out what all those classes from the Characters page on the Den are supposed to be!

Can you recruit monsters in IX? If IX had the class system and catch-able monsters, this would just about be the ultimate DQ game for me.

The entertainer has been confirmed already.

Dunno if a singer class will be included, but it could, to build to a super star class.

If the requirements for other classes remain the same as before (as mahou senshi's did), we may get battle master with butouka + warrior, sage with mage + priest, and some artist classes (singer, dancer and that) to get super star!

BodyBuilder was also spotted in one or two of the official screenshots I think.

BodyBuilder was also spotted in one or two of the official screenshots I think.

Now that sort of interests me considering (at least I feel) the Soldier should be the "strong/brute force" class. I guess they feel they need something better than a Monk and more genuinely tough.

Guest Plattym3

No one is really commenting on the fact when you change classes you may need to change your equipment. That's a HUGE difference from recent games when certain characters equipped different stuff. This could be a limiting factor in who to change to what class when. Sounds interesting though and not a bad idea at all. Wouldn't make sense for a Cleric to go into battle with Full Plate armor on even if he's a big guy.

No one is really commenting on the fact when you change classes you may need to change your equipment. That's a HUGE difference from recent games when certain characters equipped different stuff. This could be a limiting factor in who to change to what class when. Sounds interesting though and not a bad idea at all. Wouldn't make sense for a Cleric to go into battle with Full Plate armor on even if he's a big guy.

I believe I mentioned this elsewhere but this is one of my few complaints about DWVII. I expected the types of armor and weapons a specific character could equip to change depending on his/her class.