Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mnicolai

01/05 New screenshots; quests, story mode and magical ganguro fairy

Awesome screenshots! Thanks for posting them Sir!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/eye_...20IX/dqix17.jpg <--- Is the woman wearing the bandanna lighting a cigarette? That is sort of interesting. Only game I can think of that ever mentions smoking is the Metal Gear Solid series.
No she's not. The white thing is actually part of her clothes.

Is it just me, or do the NPC villagers look like sprites then 3D models?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/eye_...20IX/dqix17.jpg <--- Is the woman wearing the bandanna lighting a cigarette? That is sort of interesting. Only game I can think of that ever mentions smoking is the Metal Gear Solid series.

I loled to that. Is this the first time they added a black skined npc or what (not being racist here).

;) She's more tanned than anything and I don't see the problem, since she kinda reminds me of Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo. Also you forgot about Mara and Nara since they too have dark skin, least in official art work and sprites from the Dragon Quest IV remakes.

The fairy girl is called Sandy, right? Does anybody already have an offical artwork of her?

The fairy girl is called Sandy, right? Does anybody already have an offical artwork of her?

Yes, her name is Sandy. The only artwork I know about is the one from this one-page article: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12895

Is it just me, or do the NPC villagers look like sprites then 3D models?

It's not just you. The villagers, shopkeepers, etc. are indeed sprites.

I loled to that. Is this the first time they added a black skinned npc or what (not being racist here).

Heh... I had to really look in close to see that Billy MK was right. It was just taken from a weird view.

In addition to Mara and Nara from DQIV as Slime Master said, there was also a few tan skinned guards in various castles in DQVIII.

NPCs are sprites, guess it's their way of saving some memory.

I dunno if Sandy's the first dark skinned character, her complexion is almost the same as Hassan's.

Dragon Quest IV for the Famicom had a lot of white skinned people. It reminded me of the Joker :worried:.

I don't want that many white skinned people. I'm for a more pink-to-brown shade.

As for tan/ darker skin characters, besides Sandy, Hassan, Manâ and Minea, there is also female thief from Dragon Quest III (remake) and some shop keepers from Dragon Quest VIII.

Yanpa and Papas are slightly tanned, too, as are Ines and Rosa from Torneco no Daibouken 3.

;) Why so Serious Emophile? :laugh:

;) Why so Serious Emophile? :laugh:

Not that one (haven't even watched that movie). I mean the one from the old TV series :whoa:. Scary!

Furigana on the in-game text kanji!? I am totally importing this now.

Furigana on the in-game text kanji!? I am totally importing this now.

I was happy to see that too!

;):laugh: Cesar Romero? I never thought the old NES sprites bore resemblance to him, well some of them anyway :laugh: