Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esturkdq4

Esturkdq4's Tournament #7:Best Game Ever

Final Fantasy VI, the 1st Non-DQ Entry to Win a Tournament.

;) WOW!!! What an upset victory!! At least it was one of the best FF Titles in the series and it was one of my pics to win the tourny so you know what that means. New Badge Get!!!

If any Final Fantasy game should have been titled the Best Game ever it should be this. Personally I had more fun playing Final Fantasy IX but I do admit that this was a better game in general.

Honestly... I didn't like FFVI very much. :-/ I'm sad to see it win. I would've been happier to see FFI, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVII, FFVIII, or FFX win.

I'm glad to see FFVI win. Honestly, the DQ games it was up against were some of my least favorites (not at the very bottom, but none were in my Top 3, either). FFVI is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games.

I think I'll get a badge for this one too. FFVI was a great game. Very nostalgic for me.

I'm glad to see FFVI win. Honestly, the DQ games it was up against were some of my least favorites (not at the very bottom, but none were in my Top 3, either). FFVI is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games.

Holy Moses, not IV, V, nor VII are in your top three for DQ? This forces me to inquire... what are your three favorite DQ games?

Holy Moses, not IV, V, nor VII are in your top three for DQ? This forces me to inquire... what are your three favorite DQ games?

I'm going to guess VI, III, & II?

;) II VI and VIII are actually Neclord's top faves and rightfully so they are some of the best entires in the series

;) II VI and VIII are actually Neclord's top faves and rightfully so they are some of the best entires in the series

Actually, very close! III, VI and VIII are my favorites. II use to be in my top 3, but after replaying III again (for both the NES and GBC) it took it's place. My Top 3 are:

1. Dragon Quest VI

2. Dragon Quest III

3. Dragon Quest VIII

Followed by:

4. Dragon Quest VII

5. Dragon Quest II

6. Dragon Quest IV

7. Dragon Quest V

8. Dragon Quest

EDIT: Had DQII and DQVII swapped by accident. Fixed now.

;) I actually meant to say III, I forgot to type in that extra "I". But regardless the three games mentioned are also in my top 3 favorite Dragon Quest games, with Dragon Quest IV and V tying second, Dragon Quest VII third and The first two entries in the last spot. (Dragon Warrior II was VERY unforgiving...)

Guest Plattym3

I've been gone for a few days. Will get winners posted later this morning!

Aww, I didn't even get to vote for DQIV in the final round because I was out of town... but FFVI winning!? That is one of my least favorite FFs, and for that to win really upsets me big time >:(

Also, wouldn't three DQs against one FF split the DQ vote three ways? It would be cool to at least have a special Dragon Quest V vs. Dragon Quest IV exhibition round, to finally determine which is more popular.

It would be cool to at least have a special Dragon Quest V vs. Dragon Quest VI exhibition round, to finally determine which is more popular.

Knowing those at the Den, I'd say DQV would win by a long-shot. I can only think of a handful of us that would vote for DQVI or DQV.

I was out of town...would have been the tying vote for DQV.

I liked FFVI, but DQV was a special game.

It would be cool to at least have a special Dragon Quest V vs. Dragon Quest VI exhibition round, to finally determine which is more popular.

Knowing those at the Den, I'd say DQV would win by a long-shot. I can only think of a handful of us that would vote for DQVI or DQV.

I meant to say DQV vs. DQIV. I made a typo :o

I know DQVI wouldn't stand a chance against DQV here.

I meant to say DQV vs. DQIV. I made a typo :o

I know DQVI wouldn't stand a chance against DQV here.

Yeah, it's a shame, as DQVI is still my favorite in the series. But, between DQIV and DQV, I'd vote for DQIV between the two. I never really saw what was so grand and wonderful that was DQV... I mean, I still like the game, but I never saw what made it one of the greatest (same goes for DQIV, honestly).

IvorEvlien:Well, that may happen eventually. I did a Best RPG Tournament last year, but that was before I started to consistantly get around 20 votes per poll. I was only getting 5-8 then. I'm considering doing another one using this Tourney Format in a few months after I do the Best RPG Dungeon, Best RPG Spell/Skill, and Tournament of Champions.

In that one, I'm actually considering seperating the DQ Games & the non-DQ Games, then the winners of each face each other.

Red Dragon:Really? I thought you were one of the DQV votes, but I guess not. Had you voted, I would have done a Bonus Match between the two games.

I don't see what fascinates people about this game. The storyline implodes halfway through and the dialog completely collapses. It was a great game until the floating continent, but half a game doesn't yell out "BEST EVER" to me...

I don't see what fascinates people about this game. The storyline implodes halfway through and the dialog completely collapses. It was a great game until the floating continent, but half a game doesn't yell out "BEST EVER" to me...

Well, in my opinion it doesn't implode halfway through the game and is very full. That's just my opinion though. I also never thought a non-DQ Entry would ever win a Tournament on here, so I'm happy it won, I wouldn't have minded DQIV, but it's already won something. Those are the only 2 I would have been okay with personally winning, but that's me.

;) Yeah, there was more to the game than just the story which was good, of course there was the Opera scene which every RPG Fan thought helped to define the game plus the various ways you could develop your characters through the use of Magicite. Although this system is somewhat broken since you can have all your characters master every spell in the game. But still it doesn't detract much from the game if you ask me.