Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Plattym3

Contest #20 - Dragon Quest II subtitle

Guest Plattym3

OK, so we did this with DQI and now we're going to do it with DQII. Your job is to give a apt subtitle to the fictional DQII DS game. Think back to what many people consider the hardest DQ and come up with a subtitle or 2 you'd like to submit.

Deadline: Let's say January 6th, 8PM EST

Rules: PM me 1 or 2 subtitles for DQII. They must be 10 words or less (even 10 is stretching it).

Prize: You know you can earn a badge, but I've had an offer from Dragon Chaser to send a "DQ 5 pencil board" to the winner of this contest. I think he had a picture of it somewhere around here (maybe he'll post it again in this topic). The winner of this contest will get the pencil board as well as a badge!

Any questions?

Guest Plattym3

Well, I don't judge the contests any more than anyone else. I just post all the subtitles and let the Den's members vote themselves. I'll PM you all the entries though so you can see early.

I thought for like 10 minutes and couldn't think of anything.

Never played DQII. :/

I got my two in

Alright, I submitted mine. Looking forward to this contest!

ENTER ENTER ENTER!!!!!!

I might be able to come up with something and get it submitted later today. Still after the DQ1 title/tagline/boxart contests I'm simply enjoying seeing what others come up with. :D

**** and does anyone know what the "Firmament" means on the DQ5 pencil board? Is that the title of DQ5 in Japan???

So, since the Deadline is over with, will the Voting Start Tonight?

**** and does anyone know what the "Firmament" means on the DQ5 pencil board? Is that the title of DQ5 in Japan???

Don't know what the "Firmament" means in context to the board, but the title in Japan is 天空の花嫁 "Bride of Heaven".

Guest Plattym3
So, since the Deadline is over with, will the Voting Start Tonight?

I try to keep only 1 contest in voting stage at a time, so I'll wait until the box art is over.

I wrote mine down this time so I remember what I submitted!

I stopped my DQII box art. I thought it may be cheating to get a head start, but then again I need the practice...

HAHA no I don't think it's cheating :P and nothing wrong with practice. I'm trying to get all the practice I can on Gimp.

This contest is going to be a good one I think. I cant wait to see the finalists this time. Also I hope one of mine makes it past the first round :P

Taken from an online dictionary:

1: the vault or arch of the sky : heavens

Doesn't explain how you get "Bride of Heaven" out of "The Firmament" though. :P

Guest Plattym3

This should be starting in about 3 days. Sorry I've been MIA. Gotta finish off the box art contest and then we'll go. I have no idea about this contest. Interesting submissions to say the least.