Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Azure Drak

Dragon Quest Audio CDs

Before I put these up for sale on eBay along with the rest of my game music collection, I'm listing all the DQ CDs I own for sale here on the Den. They are the orchestrated versions of I - VI plus the Game Music Super Collection Vol. 2

dsc00218ph9.th.jpg

The cases may not be in perfect condition, but the discs themselves remain playable. That's not to say they're unclean though.

I don't have a set price on them yet, so I thought selling this collection for at least 100$. I don't know if that's too high of a price or if I'm ripping myself off, but if someone has a better estimate, then go ahead and give me an offer. As for payment, I can only accept Paypal.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

$100 dollars sounds about right. I've seen Dragon Quest CD's on sale for about $20 used at Book Off. You will want to make sure that they aren't bootlegs though. A picture of the back of the CD's would probably help prove their pedigree since bootleg CD's tend to use their own company name on the CD.

A picture of the back of the CD's would probably help prove their pedigree since bootleg CD's tend to use their own company name on the CD.

As in, the back of the compact discs themselves or the back of the cover cases?

A picture of the back of the CD's would probably help prove their pedigree since bootleg CD's tend to use their own company name on the CD.

As in, the back of the compact discs themselves or the back of the cover cases?

Cover case. You can see from this guide how you can identify if a CD is a bootleg or not.

Since I have the same DQIII CD I can tell you that yours should say "(P) DATE [Mine says 1996, your is probably the same] Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc." If it says someone else like "SonMay" or "Ever Anime" then the CD is a bootleg and isn't worth more than the materials it was made from.

Thanks for the info.

As for the proof of the cases, you can see for yourself:

dsc00223qf1.th.jpg

dsc00225sa3.th.jpg

dsc00226iq5.th.jpg

dsc00228jh4.th.jpg

dsc00229fh1.th.jpg

dsc00224zh9.th.jpg

Just a bit of FYI, the Dragon Quest I - VI CDs were bought from amazon.com. As for the Game Music Super Collection, I purchased that one from gamemusic.com. Though I obtained these several years ago.

*jaw drops*

Just so we're clear, these are the orchestrated/studio recorded soundtrack renditions, and not the in-game music, right?

If so, oh man...as much as I'd LOVE to buy every single one of those CDs, I don't have the cash on hand to do it. I wonder - is there is any possibility you could copy these discs, and send them to me? I would most certainly pay for the cost of the blank media, shipping, and any sort of "convenience fee" associated with the trouble. As for the original discs themselves, I'll pass on the information that you're selling these at a very fair price, and see if someone might bite on that price.

Send a PM, and let me know either way if this can be done, ok? Thanks in advance!

Added an eBay page recently to help the sale.

[link]

Anyone who would like to buy these outside of eBay can still contact me.

Oh my God, I want each and every last one of them. o.o

Sadly, I am broke. T.T Maybe I'll find some at Pokettokon next year. I got some pretty sweet soundtracks there this year after all. Including Final Fantasy IV and V plus Chrono Trigger, Howl's Moving Castle, and Silent Hill IV. XP