New scan: main character has wings, fairy girl, etc

tummai

dqixscan.jpg

I found this on a Japanese blog about 2 minutes ago. Looks like there is another female NPC, a fairy girl named Sandy (she was in the trailer movie). The main characters have wings and halos too. Hard for me to read anything though.

Well, I just finished reading the parts that I could make out. It kinda hints that you are an angel. You start out in the Heaven World. The big tree is the world tree. There's something called the "Heaven Ark" that goes through the God Country (probably the glowing train). The glowing fruit is called the Goddess's Fruit, and apparently the Heaven's Ark needs the fruit for some reason (fuel?). There is some bald angel looking guy named Star Aura (or possibly Star Oracle). REally can't make out most of it though.

tummai put me out of business :)

I hope the game isn't contained to that tower place, that would only confirm my fears of a short game without much variance in setting.

It kinda hints that you are an angel. You start out in the Heaven World.

Coughbeensayingthatsincealongtimeagocough...

I'm really excited about this!

Boy, this is hard to read. Lets see how much I can make out.

Left Headline: The hero is an Angel?!

Right Headline: The story of DQIX is shown in the latest video!!

The Angel's pray to the World Tree.

Small Headline: The release date has finally been decided. After a long wait this issue will take a look at the story.

Headline: In the story, the curtain rises in "Angel's Kingdom".

Top: Your adventure beings at a place called "Angel's Kingdom" (Tenshi Kai). The World Tree that rules over this world holds the important key to the next world "God's Kingdom".

Arrow: What is the "Star Aura" that this person with wings is talking about?

Arrow: It seems that the "Star Aura" can be obtained through feeling thankful.

Picture with Rukka: Rukka: Thank you for protecting me along the way, Guardian Angel Nine.

Headline: What will happen if you collect the "Star Aura"!?

Arrow: The Goddess Fruit is needed to gain "Heaven's Ark", which can take you to "God's Kingdom"

New Character!! Sandy 「Note: It could also be Sandii]

Box: All of a sudden, a new character appears!! She's an energetic Gal style fairy?!

Box: Will she be a comrade on the main characters adventure....? Pay attention to how she affects the story!

Box: All of a sudden, a new character appears!! She's an energetic Gal style fairy?!

Oh no, and it's five bottles of self-tanner away from ganguro too.

Boy, this is hard to read. Lets see how much I can make out.

Left Headline: The hero is an Angel?!

Right Headline: The story of DQIX is shown in the latest video!!

The Angel's pray to the World Tree.

Small Headline: The release date has finally been decided. After a long wait this issue will take a look at the story.

Headline: In the story, the curtain rises in "Angel's Kingdom".

Top: Your adventure beings at a place called "Angel's Kingdom" (Tenshi Kai). The World Tree that rules over this world holds the important key to the next world "God's Kingdom".

Arrow: What is the "Star Aura" that this person with wings is talking about?

Arrow: It seems that the "Star Aura" can be obtained through feeling thankful.

Picture with Rukka: Rukka: Thank you for protecting me along the way, Guardian Angel Nine.

Headline: What will happen if you collect the "Star Aura"!?

Arrow: The Goddess Fruit is needed to gain "Heaven's Ark", which can take you to "God's Kingdom"

New Character!! Sandy 「Note: It could also be Sandii]

Box: Will she be a comrade on the main characters adventure....? Pay attention to how she affects the story!

Thanks for the translation! I hope you didn't injure your eyes squinting at the blurry text. One thing, it looks like "Rukka" is actually "Rikka", the innkeeper girl. Her costume is the same.

Heh. Makes sense. I thought she looked a little tan for a fairy!

Incidentally, by doing some Wikipedia research on the gyaru culture, I discovered that "bibinba" is a category of gyaru fashion characterized by lots of bling. This must be where the name "Bebanbar" (mage-type enemy from DQ4 that wears copious amounts of jewelry) comes from!

I would have just said they look like tanned circus clowns.

Oh no, and it's five bottles of self-tanner away from ganguro too.

If it isn't already, she sure will be dated in ten years. That's the problem with sticking in pop culture.

Thanks for the translation! I hope you didn't injure your eyes squinting at the blurry text. One thing, it looks like "Rukka" is actually "Rikka", the innkeeper girl. Her costume is the same.

That Rikka thing sadly was that the "i" and "u" are next to each other on the keyboard. I really should double check what I type more. :ws-slimedead:

Yeah, most of the screen text was just unreadable! But since this looks to be a scan from Issue 4/5 of Jump we are getting info a few weeks early. By the way, are you going to Jump Festa? If you do, make sure to tell us about the playable demo!

Does that say what I think it says at the bottom? 5,000 winners could win a copy on January 31st?

Nope, that is the deadline to apply. They get it delivered on the day it goes on sale.

That Rikka thing sadly was that the "i" and "u" are next to each other on the keyboard. I really should double check what I type more. :ws-slimedead:

Yeah, most of the screen text was just unreadable! But since this looks to be a scan from Issue 4/5 of Jump we are getting info a few weeks early. By the way, are you going to Jump Festa? If you do, make sure to tell us about the playable demo!

Nope, not going to Jump Festa. I ran the idea by my wife but she axed it right away. :) It's just too far from home and therefore too expensive, especially since its Christmas shopping season.

Nope, not going to Jump Festa. I ran the idea by my wife but she axed it right away. :) It's just too far from home and therefore too expensive, especially since its Christmas shopping season.

Oh well. I always looked for an excuse to travel when I was in Japan, but then again I was only there a year and didn't live there. We'll all just have to wait around until we hear something.

Archived