Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikkolus

Arena Revival?

Arena Revival  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a wise man once said... "I swear, the arena is like crack. I don't want to do it, but I'll be damned if I don't come back every time." - ytrewq1

There seems to have been a spark of interest in bringing the Arena/Coliseum/New Arena back (fourth time is a charm, right?) Vote if you're interested in participating. For any new comers, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

what exactly is the arena?

;) The Arena is basicly a text based RPG that is based off mostly Dragon Warrior III, at least in terms of classes anyway. How it works is you create a character and battle another Den Member's character and if you win you get Exp and level up. Also there will be quests in which you and other members and find a special artifact and earn extra Exp or even become a Sage.

In short think of it as sort of a Text based Dragon Quest Online game. Also new to this version will be Arena Tournaments in which Arena Members can pit their characters against other characters for a chance at a badge should you win. Which of course will be awarded from Woodus as is the custom for other badges.

As characters go you can play as Seven Different classes should you chose a Human Race OR if you Chose Monster as your race, you can pick from 30+ Monsters available. The Monsters have their own set of skills/spells and Exp Growth Chart. For the vets, bear in mind that should the Arena revive this might be subject to change. It will depend on who is in charge of said Arena.

NOTE: Should the Arena be revived we will NOT be using the new Spell names, repeat NOT using the new spell names.

NOTE: Should the Arena be revived we will NOT be using the new Spell names, repeat NOT using the new spell names.

Quoted for truth!

;) The Arena is basicly a text based RPG that is based off mostly Dragon Warrior III, at least in terms of classes anyway. How it works is you create a character and battle another Den Member's character and if you win you get Exp and level up. Also there will be quests in which you and other members and find a special artifact and earn extra Exp or even become a Sage.

In short think of it as sort of a Text based Dragon Quest Online game. Also new to this version will be Arena Tournaments in which Arena Members can pit their characters against other characters for a chance at a badge should you win. Which of course will be awarded from Woodus as is the custom for other badges.

As characters go you can play as Seven Different classes should you chose a Human Race OR if you Chose Monster as your race, you can pick from 30+ Monsters available. The Monsters have their own set of skills/spells and Exp Growth Chart. For the vets, bear in mind that should the Arena revive this might be subject to change. It will depend on who is in charge of said Arena.

Is Esturk one of those available monsters? PLEASE!, lol

;) We could probably arrange that, There were talks of doing Breeding like in Dragon Warrior Monsters to get a stronger Monster I think. But man it's been four years since anything Arena Related was done.

;) We could probably arrange that, There were talks of doing Breeding like in Dragon Warrior Monsters to get a stronger Monster I think. But man it's been four years since anything Arena Related was done.

Cool. Well, I'm sure I'd get the thing figured out if I joined, which I'm interested in.

I'd be up for a little Arena time again for nostalgia's sake... I clicked off a lot of hours in the last one when I first joined.

;) Looks like it's becoming obvious, interest in the Arena is definatly there. Oh before I forget, Woodus, could you fix it to where Arena posts don't count to the overall post count like in the previous arenas?

A big: YES from me. I'd be willing to go at it again. :wd_coolslime:

I missed out on the arena so its a big yes for me to!

I'm interested in the monsters as well, we should make a topic regarding this list and any possible additions.

;) That's a very good idea. It also might not hurt to add some new skills in for Warrior and Fighter Classes since the old Arena (Well the one I played anyway) had Mages in an easier to win battles light once they attained higher levels.

*a slime draws near*

Well since my major course load is like done and I'll be having plenty of time I'd love to get the arena a try. I'm a bit rusty with role playing though. Probably has been since like my junior year of high school . (Back when I'd live on various forums all day). So I vote yes for the arena.

;) Awesome, looks like we've got some serious combatants in the works. I'll have to talk with Nikk on MSN and see when we should get things up and running.

Is it a real automatic text based game or is it by imagination you write in threads?

Sounds fun. I'm willing to give it a try.

Try to let me in on the fun too please.

;) Oh don't worry Princess you won't be forgotten.

Is it a real automatic text based game or is it by imagination you write in threads?

It's not Automatic, you make the posts then you wait for your opponent to post and so forth. It's more like a Text-Based Turn Based system. Think Dungeons and Dragons in a sense.

How messy are those to integrate?

;) Intergrating an RPG Mod into the boards? It might not be a bad idea but how will it help make the Battlefield better?

Sorry I went MIA for a while! I think what he is saying is have an RPG mod instead of Battlefield?

It's really up to Woodus, his forums after all :thumbsup:

How messy are those to integrate?

I managed to install an early version a long time ago and it was very easy and didn't take to much time and I doubt it will be that much more difficult install a newer version of any of the available RPG mods. It's worth it. :)