Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sykonee

DWIV Novelization: quick fyi

I've finally gotten around to uploading Part 2: Alteration of BOOK 2: Princess Alena's Adventure to www.fanfiction.net (it only took 6 years... :tounge2: ) The reason I mention this is fanfiction.net has the story broken down by chapters. So, if the 75, 000 word bigness of this story's .pdf looks daunting to read here at the Den, it's in easier-to-manage chunks at the other website (same goes for the other novels too). :thumbsup:

Read your stories a while back on fanfiction.net, and just thought I'd say thank you. I feel like I'm getting spoiled these days-- your novelization, tummai's translation work on the DQIV Japanese novel set, getting to listen to the DQIV cd theater set, Hyadain's videos, the RPGmaker fan games here, along with many other fan works! And all of these have wonderfully different takes on the characters from the game: That's the fun of being a fan of anything really, seeing all the variations of people's interpretations of a shared canon.

On the latest novel, Brey's first use of the sap spell, complete with Cristo's subsequent storytelling... that was an awesome scene all by itself. And the fact that not everything is revealed, that there's room for speculation on the reader's side is also wonderful. I've enjoyed these stories, although I do hope there will be more eventually, being a greedy fan these days and all. :)

Heh, thanks. Don't worry, the next book IS in the works. With luck, it'll be finished late Spring/early Summer, and will have plenty more 'manipulations' of the original plot.

;) I think your writing is much superior to mine Indo, I dunno if that is much consolation but hey, we RPG Maker 2000 users gotta stick together.

Did I ever mention how your DQ4 novelization was a major influence on the production of Renaissance? I only wish some of your writing ability rubbed off on me.

Well, game script is vastly different than prose. With prose, you get far more opportunity to detail internal monologue, whereas game scripts are limited by what can be conveyed on screen. With games, you're more of a director, maneuvering your characters into the actions you want in order to tell the story.

Funny enough though, my father once commented I should get into game scripting or screenplay writing. Maybe I'll take a screenwriter course for my Creative Writing degree.