Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esturkdq4

Esturkdq4's Tournament #7:Best Game Ever

Division 2  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On to Division 2 Everyone.

Super Mario Brothers 3, Final Fantasy VI, Madden NFL 09, & Final Fantasy IV

Super Mario Bros. 3, Final Fantasy VI, Warcraft II and Final Fantasy IV (I voted against my nomination in this round because it was paired up with this game).

Oregon Trail FTW

;) Super Mario Brothers 3, Final Fantasy VI, Oregon Trail, & Final Fantasy IV are my votes for this round. Sports games never grabbed me since one, they come out every year and they're basicly the same only with a Roster Update.

Some tough brackets.

1. Mario 3 - Only game I played there.

2. Ultima VII. Closer than usual since I'm a big NCAA Football fan and FFVI was one of the best in that series. I'd vote for those two in most brackets. UVII stands the test of time and holds up the best.

3. Warcraft II. I haven't played that Madden yet. Unreal is alright, but most 3D shooters are a dime a dozen these days. Oregon Trail is classic.

4. Arcanum. FFIV is great, but it's great v best.

Super Mario Bros. 3, Final Fantasy VI, Warcraft II and Final Fantasy IV (I voted against my nomination in this round because it was paired up with this game).

Ditto

I feel bad for OoT. Some games dont stand a very good chance here lol!

I feel bad for OoT. Some games dont stand a very good chance here lol!

Guess so. I'm actually surpised it's doing so bad. I expected it to advance, but not be losing.

;) It was up against Super Mario Brothers 3, a classic NES game that over 50 million people know. I'm honestly not surprised it's losing considering the competition. If it were Zelda II or go forbid those CD-I games then I would be VERY surprised.

;) It was up against Super Mario Brothers 3, a classic NES game that over 50 million people know. I'm honestly not surprised it's losing considering the competition. If it were Zelda II or go forbid those CD-I games then I would be VERY surprised.

True, I agree about being up against a tough game, but I expected it to be closer then it is. Not that I really care. I mean, OoT is considered one of the greatest games of all time.

;) Ocarina of Time was a good game from what I played of it but honestly I thought that A Link to the Past was better. :D But that's just me.

I never had an N64, or a PSX for that matter (although I have PS2). The only game I played there was SM3, and that was my 2nd favorite Mario Game behind Mario World. It's only negative was that it took me 4 hours to beat without warping.

I think Zelda OOT is probably like Arcanum, Gabriel Knight, Under a Killing Moon, or Ultima VII (all PC games from the early 90's except Arcanum from 2001) to most people here. They haven't played it.

That 2nd Bracket is insanely good. I actually voted against NCAA football 04 and FFVI, two of my favorites. Streets of Rage I haven't played, but if it's like Final Fight which I nearly nominated myself.....

;) Ocarina of Time was a good game from what I played of it but honestly I thought that A Link to the Past was better. :D But that's just me.

I would agree, only because I haven't played much of OoT, and that A Link to the past is the only Zelda I've beaten.

I never had an N64, or a PSX for that matter (although I have PS2). The only game I played there was SM3, and that was my 2nd favorite Mario Game behind Mario World. It's only negative was that it took me 4 hours to beat without warping.

I think Zelda OOT is probably like Arcanum, Gabriel Knight, Under a Killing Moon, or Ultima VII (all PC games from the early 90's except Arcanum from 2001) to most people here. They haven't played it.

That 2nd Bracket is insanely good. I actually voted against NCAA football 04 and FFVI, two of my favorites. Streets of Rage I haven't played, but if it's like Final Fight which I nearly nominated myself.....

Well, that makes perfect sense. If you haven't played it, it's hard to vote for it. As far OoT being like those games, I disagree. Zelda is an extremely popular franchise and is well known, unlike those PC games. I'm sure most have played it, they just prefered SMB3 over it.

The franchise, yes (and I have the first three Zeldas up to Link to the Past). But I haven't heard nearly the same hype for the Zeldas for N64, etc as there was for the first three. The only game I remember for N64 with the same hype as the SNES days was Goldeneye.

Although as far as franchises go, Ultima was one of the PC's biggest until the late 90's when U8/U9 screwed it up. Tex Murphy and Gabriel Knight were briefly well known, although not nearly in that league.

The franchise, yes (and I have the first three Zeldas up to Link to the Past). But I haven't heard nearly the same hype for the Zeldas for N64, etc as there was for the first three. The only game I remember for N64 with the same hype as the SNES days was Goldeneye.

Although as far as franchises go, Ultima was one of the PC's biggest until the late 90's when U8/U9 screwed it up. Tex Murphy and Gabriel Knight were briefly well known, although not nearly in that league.

maybe the hype for N64 Zelda's weren't great leading up to them, but I'd be hard pressed to go somewhere on the internet, ask a Greatest Game of All Time Question and not hear OoT in the 1st few posts. Not saying I agree of it's praises, but I know it does get praised a lot.

I don't know much about PC game franchises, so I'll take your word for anything on them.

100% agree! A Link to the Past is still my favorite Zelda game. I feel (and always will feel) that OoT is extremely overrated as a game. In fact, it's not even in my top 5 favorite Zelda games. I just didn't like it much.

;) Although as far as franchises go, Ultima was one of the PC's biggest until the late 90's when U8/U9 screwed it up. Tex Murphy and Gabriel Knight were briefly well known, although not nearly in that league.

I'm actually surprised no one (although I did consider them) mentioned any of the Might and Magic games (not counting Heroes of Might and Magic series) or the old gold-box AD&D games (Pool of Radiance, etc.).

I have M&M 6, 7, 8, and 9. 6 & 7 were good, but the latter two not so good. 7 was real good, but overall, I like the Heroes series much better.

I considered 7, but it was in the upper tier, not elite category.

I have M&M 6, 7, 8, and 9. 6 & 7 were good, but the latter two not so good. 7 was real good, but overall, I like the Heroes series much better.

I considered 7, but it was in the upper tier, not elite category.

Yes, the Heroes series is one of my favorites. I spent many sleepless nights with friends playing hot seat on Heroes III. If you've got a fairly decent computer look up the remake to Kings Bounty (the game that spawned the Heroes of Might and Magic series). It's one of my favorite sleeper PC games of the year. Plays like Heroes (movement, to recruiting creatures for your party, etc.), but is more like an RPG. Great game!