Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Plattym3

Contest #18 - Predict best game tournament winner

;) Chrono Trigger, Dragon Warrior IV, and Final Fantasy VI are my guesses this time. I dunno if I'll win this one though.

Guest Plattym3
PM me your 3 guesses.

;) Chrono Trigger, Dragon Warrior IV, and Final Fantasy VI are my guesses this time. I dunno if I'll win this one though.

Maybe not my favorite Simpson's joke like you wanted in the Q&A topic, but very appropriate for this topic!

epic_fail1.jpg

;) I knew that, no need for smarminess now.

Guest Plattym3

But smarminess comes free with each post!

Got a bunch of submissions in so far, but a couple of you have your head up in the non-DQ clouds. This is the Dragon's Den, a board for Dragon Quest games. Do you really expect a FF game to win? Look at the weapon contest to have some early indications of the way this will go. You wonder why I win a bunch of contests? I don't submit what I like or what I think will win, I submit what I've seen people on here laughing about or talking about. I've read every damn post on here for years and I know what people tend to lean towards and away from. Not that I'm often wrong too, but you have to think of your audience when trying to win these contests.

But smarminess comes free with each post!

Got a bunch of submissions in so far, but a couple of you have your head up in the non-DQ clouds. This is the Dragon's Den, a board for Dragon Quest games. Do you really expect a FF game to win? Look at the weapon contest to have some early indications of the way this will go. You wonder why I win a bunch of contests? I don't submit what I like or what I think will win, I submit what I've seen people on here laughing about or talking about. I've read every damn post on here for years and I know what people tend to lean towards and away from. Not that I'm often wrong too, but you have to think of your audience when trying to win these contests.

Another way to look at it is how the Bracket is set up. Some Games have an easier route to the finals, some have a harder one, including DQ Games. The Bottom Half of the Bracket, there are 5 Main Series DQ Games, where as the top half has only 1(DQVII). One would expect at least 1 DQ Game from the Bottom Half to make the Finals, and DQVII has a pretty good shot as well, but not as much compared to other DQ's if they were in that spot. So, that 1 DQ would basically take away any support for DQVII in the Finals, basically making DQVII nullified from winning. If 3 DQ Games make the Finals, then theres a fair chance they split the votes allowing the 4th game to win it(that being non-DQ).

Still, I think Platty is pretty right on the money in what he said. The best parts of this tourney won't even feature DQ or FF, but the matches of games from other companies and such. It will give a good look to see the non-RPG game tastes of Dragons Den.

;) That's true, but I still see at least Dragon Quest IV going a good distance along with Chrono Trigger considering their DS releases at the very least. As for winning, because there are so many epic titles on the list who knows? I feel sorry for the poor sap who Nominated Final Fantasy VII though...

;) That's true, but I still see at least Dragon Quest IV going a good distance along with Chrono Trigger considering their DS releases at the very least. As for winning, because there are so many epic titles on the list who knows? I feel sorry for the poor sap who Nominated Final Fantasy VII though...

you could actually the same same about many titles just like FFVII that have little chance to win. I agree about CT though.

Guest Plattym3

I daresay CT doesn't go out of round 2.

I daresay CT doesn't go out of round 2.

I looked and I don't see any 2 games in that part of the bracket that would surpass it, maybe Super Mario Bros., but that's it and only 1.

Guest Plattym3

Ehhhhh... I always forget you allow 2 though each time. That keeps those 2nd tier games in play longer.

BTW, ~1.6 more hours to PM me your picks.