Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Plattym3

Contests #16 & #17 - DQI DS design contests

Guest Plattym3

OK, long post ahead. Here's the vital info first.

Submissions: PM them to me. You may submit 2 per contest. Yes, you can do 2 magazine ads and 2 box arts.

Deadline: Sunday, December 21st at 8PM EST.

Now for my long-winded explanation...

ITS FINALLY TIME TO GET THIS STARTED.

We've been discussing it for a month now, and now that the urgent post count level contests are winding down, it's time to get back to our fantasy DQI DS contests. We held 2 contests to come up with a subtitle and a tagline. The winners were:

Subtitle: Dragon Quest: Hero of Alefgard

Tagline: Don’t want to give it a try? But Thou Must!

Using those 2 pieces of information and any graphical means you wish, these contests ask you to create a Box Cover for Dragon Quest DS and a magazine ad for Dragon Quest DS. I'm putting some fan-created Joker box art below and some of the more recent magazine ads for DQ games. Use them as a reference if you wish. Once again, you can design 2 magazine ads and 2 covers for a total of 4 submissions for these 2 contests. Good luck and PM me as you get them done.

rocket_slime_ad.jpg

dq4ds_print_001.jpg

woo_joker_front.jpg

Man, I wish I didn't suck at graphics! I will definitely try though... No one judge me!

Guest Plattym3
Man, I wish I didn't suck at graphics! I will definitely try though... No one judge me!

Judge you. No one here would do that, especially not in a contest. No judgements are passed there.

Now, my submissions will be in the mix too, so don't worry, you won't come in last.

Judge you. No one here would do that, especially not in a contest. No judgements are passed there.

Now, my submissions will be in the mix too, so don't worry, you won't come in last.

lol awesome, may the best stick drawing figure win!

For the box art, are we doing NES boxes? Nintendo DS boxes? Any box you want?

Guest Plattym3
For the box art, are we doing NES boxes? Nintendo DS boxes? Any box you want?

DS

for the simple reasoning that if these are ever remade in the next couple of years, it'll most likely be on the DS.

Question: How would a person who can't draw a stick figure that well get started with this???

Try piecing together screen shots and art

Guest Plattym3

Damn good suggestion!

Damn good suggestion!

Here is a template for a DS cover that I used back for the SK submissions, this may help out. Click for large version.

ds_cover_th.png

Guest Plattym3
:ws-slimedead: wish i could get motivated to do up a submission for this

motivation?

GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND SIT DOWN AND WORK AT YOUR COMPUTER. YOU MUST SUBMIT FOR THIS CONTEST SO YOU CAN SHARE YOUR TALENT WITH THE DEN!

Excitement :D!

Sadly I don't have the pictures I would like to use, so I will have to use other pictures in replacement, leaving only a shadow of what I envision D:

I will try to get one done by the 21th, probably before.

Btw, is it a must to make both the cover and the ad?