Can anyone recomend an anime series to me?

Patlabor.

Actually, probably not, but that's the only one I CAN recommend because it's the only anime series I ever got into enough to buy DVDs for. :tounge2:

;) The Slayers and Record of Lodoss War would be right up your ally, one is a Sword and Sorcery comedy and another is more serious but retains the Sword and Sorcery motif.
;) The Slayers and Record of Lodoss War would be right up your ally, one is a Sword and Sorcery comedy and another is more serious but retains the Sword and Sorcery motif.

I just started watching Berserk and it's pretty good. lots of blood spray lol :babblecap:

For another comedy/fantasy anime you can give Dragon Half a try.

Violinist of Hamelin would've also been a good choice if it was available on DVD here, or if the anime hadn't felt the need to suck out any comedy or happiness that existed in the manga.

Mahoujin Guruguru!

Published by Enix's Gangan comics!

Guruguru is great for DQ fans since the author also worked on the Dragon Quest 4 koma manga. Sadly, its another anime/manga that you can't get officially translated.

Mahoujin Guruguru!

I started watching this, it's pretty funny!! Reminds me of DQ for sure. It's also funny that it's translated and yet we still haven't seen a translation of DnD or able... thanks for suggesting it to me.

For another comedy/fantasy anime you can give Dragon Half a try.

Violinist of Hamelin would've also been a good choice if it was available on DVD here, or if the anime hadn't felt the need to suck out any comedy or happiness that existed in the manga.

Mahoujin Guruguru!

Guruguru is great for DQ fans since the author also worked on the Dragon Quest 4 koma manga. Sadly, its another anime/manga that you can't get officially translated.

It was officially translated and aired in Mexico. To Spanish, that is.

For another comedy/fantasy anime you can give

Boy, in Mexico they sure get a lot of good anime that never makes it up north.

;) Oh man I can't believe I didn't mention D.Gray-man sooner, that is a good title even though the series is currently on Hiatus (manga that is) and Full Metal Alchemist is another title well worth checking out.
For another comedy/fantasy anime you can give

Boy, in Mexico they sure get a lot of good anime that never makes it up north.

I grew up on anime (Mazinger Z, Candy Candy, Remi, etcetera) and some USA cartoons that had continuity (Duck Tales, ThunderCats). I love having to catch the whole story, remembering details from past episodes and all that. I feel the current cartoons do not give me that sensation. I could watch just one and then wait a year before watching another one, and it would not matter.

Anyway, in the eighties (and before, but I had not been born yet) there was some anime in Mexico while your country still had only a little of it. That's strange for me, since it was always there for me (I even knew it was from Japan as a kid, because some titles or signs were left intact).

A good thing is that we do not scare of some content that gets censored in the USA. We got full frontal (young) Gokuu nudity on air television here, and that is something that would never make it to TV (or DVD) up North, no matter how innocent the scene is. Heck, we even get Sailormoon's friends' deaths on TV (kids get the meaning of giving up one's life to help others, no need to censor it), Haruka and Michiru as lovers, not cousins. Li Syaoran and Li Meiling, from Cardcaptor Sakura, remain cousins in the anime aired in Mexico, and they remain "engaged", too (we get the cultural differences that mean cousins can get married even if in our country that is seen as something weird, if not impossible).

I guess we've been lucky with the exposure to anime since a long time ago, wouldn't you say?

;) Yes you have, and it is this reason people pirate or import Anime, The American Anime industry is much like Hollywood's Writers of today, trying to take claim of a pre-existing thing and make it into their own.
  • 7 years later...

Christ, this topic's been dead almost two years longer than I've been a member here. If you want to get in on talking about anime there's a specific topic for it in General Chit-Chat. Also, probably shouldn't link to a pirating site.

• 5 months later...

Dead? "Hope never dies!" That's what my Captain Brenner always used to say! ^_^ If anyone is interested, Ruin Explorers is my favorite fantasy anime of all time, and a few other excellent fantasy titles that were not mentioned previously are:

Phantom Quest Corp.
Master of Mosquiton
Weathering Continent
Tweeny Witches
Maze
Devil Hunter Yohko
Princess Minerva
Spectral Force
Now and Then, Here and There
Battle Royal Highschool

All very different tastes, all rare gems. Some of those titles are for older teens and above only, mind.