Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esturkdq4

Esturkdq4's Tournament #6:Best RPG Weapon

Division 1  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here we go, it's the start of the Best RPG Weapon Tournament, should be interesting. Some some of thes eweapons will have pics, while others will not. I hope that doesn't factor too much into votes.

If any of you can find pics of the weapons w/o them, I'll add them in.

Ultima Weapon, Ragnarok, Sword of Malice, & Tack Star

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/15687...ox_1__large.jpg

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/thum...51797316-00.png

http://images.wikia.com/u5lazarus/images/4/44/Bswrd.gif

The Black Sword from Ultima VII

Bswrd.gif

Voted for Atma Weapon/Ultima Weapon, Dragovian Sword, Black Sword, and Glass Sword.

If any of you can find pics of the weapons w/o them, I'll add them in.

You have the image of the Sword of Decimation in the nominations topic but here it is again for posterity:

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/k...cimation_th.png

sword_of_decimation_th.png

wow... match 4 is..... really close

;) Cracked Bat, Wondershot, Sword of Malace and Tack Star are my votes for this one. A little bit of Variety this time around eh?

Divisions 1, Match 4

Glass Sword(Ultima VII) [ 3 ] ** [25.00%]

Boomerang(DQIV) [ 3 ] ** [25.00%]

Tack Star(FFVI) [ 3 ] ** [25.00%]

Sword of Decimation(DQIV) [ 3 ] ** [25.00%]

wow!

you know the boomerang is better than any of them

Glass sword is one hit death (then breaks). (All of you are missing out if you haven't played Ultima VII for the PC, [not the SNES] if you can get it running...).

;) Boomerangs are good weapons, especially at the beginning portions of various games. Being able to mow down multiple enemies in one shot is always handy for level grinding.

I'm confused to why Ragnarok is doing so bad, 4 votes, seriously?

;) It's up against the Dragovian Sword and apparently people here like that weapon better than the Ragnarok.

;) It's up against the Dragovian Sword and apparently people here like that weapon better than the Ragnarok.

yeah, I figured the Dragovian Sword would win, but how is it better then Ragnarok. I normally don't really ask people why they vote for what they vote for, but this one got my attention. Had it been 10-7 or 11-7 I wouldn't have really said anything, but I'd like to put that question out there. The Dragovian Sword is nice and all, but it's just a really strong weapon from one game, I really don't see anything that special about it.

Guest Plattym3

You're going to get DQ bias on every contest. Maybe you should have done a DQ weapon game and then a non-DQ weapon game. I know I'm biased toward DQ. Also, I've not played many of the games the other ones are nominated from.

Ragnarok is okay, but if it wasn't up against Dragovian Sword, I would have voted Wondershot. :P

I always thinks of Ragnarok as the Esper, not the sword. (FF VI)

You're going to get DQ bias on every contest. Maybe you should have done a DQ weapon game and then a non-DQ weapon game. I know I'm biased toward DQ. Also, I've not played many of the games the other ones are nominated from.

I too have not played some of the games from which a few of the weapons come. As an alternative to Platty's idea, perhaps you could add an extra option to each poll whereby you could abstain from voting on that particular scenario if you feel your vote is ill-informed. This still might not work however. Platty's idea is the only way I can see to completely remove the problem of DQ bias.

I dunno. I've never been much of a fan of Ragnarok. Yeah, it's powerful weapon with a cool name and all, but I've much preferred other End-Of-Game blades like Masamume and Ultima/Atma. So ol' Raggy's never made much of an impression on me.

Well, I knew the DQ Bias would have the Dragovian Sword win, no doubt, I'm upset that Ragnarok is getting so low on votes. I would have expected this if Ragnarok was facing the Zenithian Sword, which is my opinion the most historic DQ Sword, besides ones relating to Erdrick/Loto/Roto, not the Dragovian Sword. It's a very powerful and cool weapon, it's even named after the end of the world, not that that matters, lol. About it being an esper, that's like 1 game. The problem with doing 2 seperate contests is that I don't want to do 2 at the same time, and even despite the DQ Bias Terra was leading after 24 Hours in the Song Finals. I don't mind doing an abstain vote option with only 2 options, but with 4 I don't think I need too. 4 options is plenty to know at least one of the weapons, and if not vote on which has the coolest name, if pic(looks cool), etc. About the not knowing some of the games nominated, I'm in the same boat.

;) That and Ragnorok is also the name of an Airship in Final Fantasy VIII.

True, I liked that Airship, really cool looking. Despite what's happening with Ragnarok, I am pleased that more votes are coming in. The Song tournament was lacking in votes until the end, but already 20 on Division 1, looks good.

I forgot about that.

Then, about the only two things I remember from that game are the "all too coincidental/convenient backstories for every character" plot and how cheap it was to max out stats, thus making the final battles a cake-walk.

Sykonee was not amused.